[MOD][VZW] Stock 4.4.2 - Battery Text + Wireless Tether + 4-way Reboot + More

Search This thread

roeblatt3

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
These Mods are only for VZW 4.4.2 STOCK. This WILL NOT work with ART enabled.

Mods that have been done:
  • Centered Statusbar Clock
  • ICS Blue Battery Icon with Percentages
  • AOSP Signal Bars
  • Replaced ugly VZW 4G icon with AOSP 4G icon
  • 4-way Reboot Menu
  • Native Wireless Tether
  • Disabled Safe Media Volume pop-up
  • Enabled CRT Animation

Screenshot_2014-03-07-09-08-41.png
Screenshot_2014-03-04-13-47-01.pngScreenshot_2014-03-07-09-09-12.pngScreenshot_2014-03-07-09-09-00.png

Installation via Recovery:
  1. Make a backup of your ROM or backup the following files:
    • /system/framework/android.policy.jar
    • /system/framework/android.policy.odex
    • /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    • /system/priv-app/SystemUI.apk
    • /system/priv-app/SystemUI.odex
  2. Flash XT1060-442-MultiMod.zip via TWRP/CWM. (Do NOT clear cache and dalvik, otherwise you'll get SystemUI FC's)

Return to STOCK via Recovery:
  1. Flash XT1060-442-Orig-NoMultiMod.zip via TWRP/CWM.

Downloads:
XT1060-442-MultiMod.zip ---- This is the Mod
XT1060-442-Orig-NoMultiMod.zip ---- This is to Return to Stock

** Will repost links on AndroidFileHost tonight, since xda is not allowing me upload zips larger than 2 mb when it says up to 11 mb?!?!

Credits go to the following people:
@chaoslimits for the statusbar icons and native tether
@homeslice976 for the battery text
@twistedumbrella for the 4-way reboot menu and center clock
@elesbb for the disabling of safe media volume
Thanks!!

** Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible for what happens to your device.

Last edited:
Reactions: KidJoe

roeblatt3

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Nice work. Why not leave the battery as white with black (w/e color) text?:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2533912&highlight=bold

Honestly, I found that with the white battery, it was difficult to read the text no matter what color. Like for black text, once the battery was down below 50%, you could only really read half or less of the text (unless you gave it a good look). I tried red text and that just kind of freaked out my eyes. My best answer is probably that I'm just not ready to give up ICS blue... ;)

Reactions: APeaceofStrange

APeaceofStrange

Dec 11, 2010
Miami
Thanks for this. Any chance of incorporating long press volume to skip song? I've been hoping for this mod on stock along with the others you have here.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

hartv427

Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for this. I'm most interested in the "4-way Reboot Menu" MOD and was wondering if android.policy.jar had other mods build into it other than "4-way Reboot Menu"

Thanks

roeblatt3

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
4-way Reboot Menu is all I was looking for thanks for posting the file

Just an FYI, the android.policy.jar must be installed with the framework-res.apk in the zip. The framework has an extra .png that is not in the original. The power button won't work correctly without both of those. If you just want the 4 way reboot menu, I may have one without the extra .png.

hartv427

Jan 16, 2009
Just an FYI, the android.policy.jar must be installed with the framework-res.apk in the zip. The framework has an extra .png that is not in the original. The power button won't work correctly without both of those. If you just want the 4 way reboot menu, I may have one without the extra .png.

I see thanks for the info i didn't know that. I would very much like 4 way reboot menu + Native Wireless Tether but not if it's to much trouble

roeblatt3

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I see thanks for the info i didn't know that. I would very much like 4 way reboot menu + Native Wireless Tether but not if it's to much trouble

You'll need both android.policy.jar (Reboot menu) and framework-res.apk (Native Wireless tether) from the zip. Only things that framework-res.apk has in addition to tether are disabled Safe Media Volume and enabled CRT animation. SystemUI has all the statusbar mods. Does that work for you?

hartv427

Jan 16, 2009
You'll need both android.policy.jar (Reboot menu) and framework-res.apk (Native Wireless tether) from the zip. Only things that framework-res.apk has in addition to tether are disabled Safe Media Volume and enabled CRT animation. SystemUI has all the statusbar mods. Does that work for you?

Sure will Thanks

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
Not sure what's wrong with my phone but everytime I try and flash the zip and reboot I get the "unforturnetly your systemui has stopped working" or something like that. Tried it twice. Once after a clean data wipe and restart.

roeblatt3

Sep 12, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Not sure what's wrong with my phone but everytime I try and flash the zip and reboot I get the "unforturnetly your systemui has stopped working" or something like that. Tried it twice. Once after a clean data wipe and restart.

I think the data wipe is your problem. I had that problem also initially when I did a data wipe and tried to install. Reinstall the original, boot up fully, then reboot recovery and install the mod WITHOUT clearing data or cache.

Last edited:

rebretz000

Jul 11, 2012
Magrathea
I think the data wipe is your problem. I had that problem also initially when I did a data wipe and tried to install. Reinstall the original, boot up fully, then reboot recovery and install the mod WITHOUT clearing data or cache.

Oh.. okay. I tried to wipe cache both times. Thanks.

The clean data wipe, I restarted and signed in before rebooting and trying again.

bigmook

Jul 16, 2012
Twin Falls
Anybody else get this to work on a Dev unit running art?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I could not get it to boot running stock, rooted 4.4.2 with art enabled

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Serg_32

Sep 21, 2012
I tried it with and without clearing the cache and keep getting the system error. Tried several times and can't get it to work.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

ftor_s

May 1, 2010
Would it be possible to get a version with only CRT-animation enabled? It would be nice.

ftor_s

May 1, 2010
Answering my own question: it is possible. One needs to edit framework-res.apk to change the value "config_animateScreenLights" in res\values\bool.xml from "true" to false. Also I changed ".field private static final USE_ELECTRON_BEAM_ON_ANIMATION:Z" to "true" in services.jar, but this alone didn't work and I didn't try without this, so I'm not sure whether it is necessary.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These Mods are only for VZW 4.4.2 STOCK. This WILL NOT work with ART enabled.

Mods that have been done:
    • Centered Statusbar Clock
    • ICS Blue Battery Icon with Percentages
    • AOSP Signal Bars
    • Replaced ugly VZW 4G icon with AOSP 4G icon
    • 4-way Reboot Menu
    • Native Wireless Tether
    • Disabled Safe Media Volume pop-up
    • Enabled CRT Animation

Screenshot_2014-03-07-09-08-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-04-13-47-01.pngScreenshot_2014-03-07-09-09-12.pngScreenshot_2014-03-07-09-09-00.png

Installation via Recovery:
    1. Make a backup of your ROM or backup the following files:
      • /system/framework/android.policy.jar
      • /system/framework/android.policy.odex
      • /system/framework/framework-res.apk
      • /system/priv-app/SystemUI.apk
      • /system/priv-app/SystemUI.odex
    2. Flash XT1060-442-MultiMod.zip via TWRP/CWM. (Do NOT clear cache and dalvik, otherwise you'll get SystemUI FC's)

Return to STOCK via Recovery:
    1. Flash XT1060-442-Orig-NoMultiMod.zip via TWRP/CWM.

Downloads:
    XT1060-442-MultiMod.zip ---- This is the Mod
    XT1060-442-Orig-NoMultiMod.zip ---- This is to Return to Stock

** Will repost links on AndroidFileHost tonight, since xda is not allowing me upload zips larger than 2 mb when it says up to 11 mb?!?!

Credits go to the following people:
    @chaoslimits for the statusbar icons and native tether
    @homeslice976 for the battery text
    @twistedumbrella for the 4-way reboot menu and center clock
    @elesbb for the disabling of safe media volume
    Thanks!!

** Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible for what happens to your device.
    Nice work. Why not leave the battery as white with black (w/e color) text?:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2533912&highlight=bold

Honestly, I found that with the white battery, it was difficult to read the text no matter what color. Like for black text, once the battery was down below 50%, you could only really read half or less of the text (unless you gave it a good look). I tried red text and that just kind of freaked out my eyes. My best answer is probably that I'm just not ready to give up ICS blue... ;)
    Thanks for this. Any chance of incorporating long press volume to skip song? I've been hoping for this mod on stock along with the others you have here.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I'll check into it, but I can't make any promises...

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app