[Feature request] MPEG-DASH

Search This thread

chaostheoric

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all

With the advent of HEVC and 4K everybody is talking about DASH, will MX player support it in the future?
I have tested and so far it doesn't seem to work with v1.7.28 on a Xperia Z1 Compact.

Thanks!

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
MX Player plays whatever is supported by ffmpeg, as MX uses ffmpeg as a base. If ffmpeg supports it in a later build, then MX will eventually support it as well when the MX developer ports the next ffmpeg build into MX Player.

If this format isn't currently supported by ffmpeg, I suggest you go ask on their support forum first. If they already support it, then it will be updated in MX when the developer ports ffmpeg over on the next update.

sledererbitmovin

Oct 11, 2014
MX Player plays whatever is supported by ffmpeg, as MX uses ffmpeg as a base. If ffmpeg supports it in a later build, then MX will eventually support it as well when the MX developer ports the next ffmpeg build into MX Player.

If this format isn't currently supported by ffmpeg, I suggest you go ask on their support forum first. If they already support it, then it will be updated in MX when the developer ports ffmpeg over on the next update.

For playback of DASH content, you can use the bitdash MPEG-DASH players, it's free for non-commercial use cases.