Disable Magnet Lock?

Search This thread

stab244

Dec 17, 2009
Bay Area
Hi,

I just got my OPO today. One thing I noticed is that if I lay down my phone on my nexus 7 case, the magnets in it turn off my screen. Is there any way to disable this?

stab244

Dec 17, 2009
Bay Area
Yeah that's fine but what about other magnets. I have no use for the magnet lock so I would find it better to just disable it.

bud77

Jun 29, 2011
Near Paris
I'm not even sure there's a magnet lock on the OPO, it's the first time I hear about that

I tried to move a magnet around my phone, but it never locked

Are you sure it's not the proximity sensor which locked the phone ?

stab244

Dec 17, 2009
Bay Area
I'm not even sure there's a magnet lock on the OPO, it's the first time I hear about that

Are you sure it's not the proximity sensor which locked the phone ?
The N7 was underneath the OPO so no it wasn't the proximity sensor.
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.dubi.xposed.magnetoff

This should work. I didn't know that this feature is supported on the OPO. You need root for xposed
Hmm. I guess I'll try that. I usually use ART but haven't really felt the need since this phone is so fast already. Thanks.

d4fseeker

Oct 16, 2010
Try a rare-earth (Neodymium) magnet, it needs a strong magnetic field to trigger which won't always work with your average fridge magnet. The receiver is located on the right side of the screen in the bottom third.

bud77

Jun 29, 2011
Near Paris
Try a rare-earth (Neodymium) magnet, it needs a strong magnetic field to trigger which won't always work with your average fridge magnet. The receiver is located on the right side of the screen in the bottom third.

I just tried with an ipad smart cover, and I confirm this !

I'm quite surprise no one ever talked about it

stab244

Dec 17, 2009
Bay Area
Just an update. The xposed module seems to work. Didn't turn off like it did yesterday. I do wish it was an option in the ROM. I know some nexus 7 ROMs had the option. Or at least you could set it through a script.

Top Liked Posts