Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) RESTART by itself ?

Search This thread

joseph74

Feb 6, 2013
New Jercey
Well my friends I know this is not a new topic for you but I'm really searching for a definite solution !!
I have my note for 2 weeks now , from day one it stucked in the starting Samsung model screen and freezes , I considered that a bootloop issue and I followed instructions and I restarted it without the micro sd card and it started well BUT since then I experienced a random restarts and freezes without any related action , it did this by itself , even when its screen locked ?
That's so frustrating , I tried everything possible but the problem still there , it seems it likes to restart very much , the freezing issue occur less frequently but it happened sometimes when I tried to answer a call or in the middle of apps using or apps updates ???
SHOULD I consider it a defective unit or it's a software bug we should wait to be fixed through Samsung ??
Should I get ride of it or just to wait , please need your advice desperately , thanks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

joseph74

Feb 6, 2013
New Jercey
This is with a battery drain issue can't be explained either , my device is Made in Korea and a screen shot included for its exact model , thanks in advance .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390023288354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390023288354.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,842

kmaq

Aug 27, 2011
Which region, what is the firmware it came with? Did you update it? If you are facing issues out of box and with out sdcard then you should check check were you bought the device for replacement

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joseph74

Feb 6, 2013
New Jercey
Which region, what is the firmware it came with? Did you update it? If you are facing issues out of box and with out sdcard then you should check check were you bought the device for replacement

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes , I updated to the last updates , region and my firmware attached in the image of my post , thanks.

Narada2XK

Well my friends I know this is not a new topic for you but I'm really searching for a definite solution !!
I have my note for 2 weeks now , from day one it stucked in the starting Samsung model screen and freezes , I considered that a bootloop issue and I followed instructions and I restarted it without the micro sd card and it started well BUT since then I experienced a random restarts and freezes without any related action , it did this by itself , even when its screen locked ?
That's so frustrating , I tried everything possible but the problem still there , it seems it likes to restart very much , the freezing issue occur less frequently but it happened sometimes when I tried to answer a call or in the middle of apps using or apps updates ???
SHOULD I consider it a defective unit or it's a software bug we should wait to be fixed through Samsung ??
Should I get ride of it or just to wait , please need your advice desperately , thanks.

You are not alone, my fix worked for a week or two but it's not perfect but at least it doesn't reboot as often as before. A huge improvement.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48755368&postcount=1

Last edited:

joseph74

Feb 6, 2013
New Jercey
Same Exactly !!

You are not alone, my fix worked for a week or two but it's not perfect but at least it doesn't reboot as often as before. A huge improvement.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48755368&postcount=1

Hi,
Thanks so much , my problem is a copy from yours , even my handset is XME ( Malaysian ) , removing the SD card and reset partially solves the frequent boot as yours but never permanently solve it , I'm still facing the self-reboot and infrequent freezing issues , I'm out of my 45 days replacement time of eBay and warranty is based on Malaysia and I'm in US , is it a software bug will be fixed or a hardware issue needs replacement ?
Frustrating !!

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Hi,
Thanks so much , my problem is a copy from yours , even my handset is XME ( Malaysian ) , removing the SD card and reset partially solves the frequent boot as yours but never permanently solve it , I'm still facing the self-reboot and infrequent freezing issues , I'm out of my 45 days replacement time of eBay and warranty is based on Malaysia and I'm in US , is it a software bug will be fixed or a hardware issue needs replacement ?
Frustrating !!
Next time don't buy hardware electrical things at eBay. You can't assure the units came from where, whether it is original lemon set or not.

Try hard reset and don't restore anything, see any problem or not as sometimes it is due to apps you had install especially if it is not from original source.

joseph74

Feb 6, 2013
New Jercey
it's Brand New Sealed with Warranty !!

Next time don't buy hardware electrical things at eBay. You can't assure the units came from where, whether it is original lemon set or not.

Try hard reset and don't restore anything, see any problem or not as sometimes it is due to apps you had install especially if it is not from original source.

The unit I got is from power US seller , I need it unlocked because I travel a lot and actually it came Originally sealed with it's papers and warranty , problem is Samsung warranty is local not like Apple , it's accepted only in original country of sale , on the other hand I didn't install anything from outside google play and I didn't root ( yet )
Do you think it's a hardware issue ??

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
The unit I got is from power US seller , I need it unlocked because I travel a lot and actually it came Originally sealed with it's papers and warranty , problem is Samsung warranty is local not like Apple , it's accepted only in original country of sale , on the other hand I didn't install anything from outside google play and I didn't root ( yet )
Do you think it's a hardware issue ??
Did you have external SD card, read certain SD card make the phone auto restart. Another is certain bad design case will make it keep auto restarting if the case had blocking the power button.

So far mine one working perfectly, didn't ever auto restart itself once before.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Since updating to 4.4.2 I experience random reboots. No solution yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
If this the case, you probably need hard reset your phone.

joseph74

Feb 6, 2013
New Jercey
I have SanDisk Extreme Plus micro SD 64 gb card ( Original in retail package ) and I use Otterbox Defender case which is perfectly designed !!

joseph74

Feb 6, 2013
New Jercey
All are original

Did you have external SD card, read certain SD card make the phone auto restart. Another is certain bad design case will make it keep auto restarting if the case had blocking the power button.

So far mine one working perfectly, didn't ever auto restart itself once before.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

If this the case, you probably need hard reset your phone.

I have SanDisk Extreme Plus micro SD 64 gb card ( Original in retail package ) and I use Otterbox Defender case which is perfectly designed !!

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Since updating to 4.4.2 I experience random reboots. No solution yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Reflash 4.4.2 fresh and wipe data.

Take out your memory card and boot up normally.leave it out and see what happens

I know , ( !! ) means I'm wondering , how to figure this out ?
If a software problem , it's OK , if hardware it's a great loss for me :(

Probably software...

Narada2XK

I wouldn't be surprised if our handsets have a hardware issue. People keep suggesting things that I know I have tried, I am not sure about you. Like, factory reset the device, do the whole microSD and sim card removal steps, the wifi "solution", etc.

I installed Cyanogenmod a few times and boy were those quick reboots vicious (I didn't do my fix on it in Cyanogenmod though and they were very early releases). I have a feeling that it's the RAM causing these issues.

If you are positive that you cannot get the handset replaced, then you could as well give my method a try.

Root.
Find an app that forces the CPU to run on "performance" and on "noop". (The battery life is still surprisingly great, doesn't seem much different and I wasn't expecting that)
See if you can get Titanium Backup and remove those KNOX apps.

I don't rememeber if CyanogenMod still has those CPU settings integrated where you can set the "performance" and "noop" without installing additional apps but this could be another test for you for your satisfaction. Pick TW or AOSP in the end. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Last edited:

joseph74

Feb 6, 2013
New Jercey
I wouldn't be surprised if our handsets have a hardware issue. People keep suggesting things that I know I have tried, I am not sure about you. Like, factory reset the device, do the whole microSD and sim card removal steps, the wifi "solution", etc.

I installed Cyanogenmod a few times and boy were those quick reboots vicious (I didn't do my fix on it in Cyanogenmod though and they were very early releases). I have a feeling that it's the RAM causing these issues.

If you are positive that you cannot get the handset replaced, then you could as well give my method a try.

Root.
Find an app that forces the CPU to run on "performance" and on "noop". (The battery life is still surprisingly great, doesn't seem much different and I wasn't expecting that)
See if you can get Titanium Backup and remove those KNOX apps.

I don't rememeber if CyanogenMod still has those CPU settings integrated where you can set the "performance" and "noop" without installing additional apps but this could be another test for you for your satisfaction. Pick TW or AOSP in the end. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

I did the hard reset , WiFi uncheck thing and SD card out , no permanent fix as I said , anyway I'll give your way a try and let you posted , I feel it's a RAM issue as well , no replacement anyway , thanks a lot , I'll keep you posted , appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    wanga1969
    Can you show your setcpu profiles?

Sure
    Now I'm sure it's a hradware issue , I got ride of my Note after all solutions failed pertmenantely , my new Note 3 is the same model it's with me for a month now with no single restart since its first boot , I didn't reach a reason nor a solution but thanks for all the members here tried to help me out.

Did you try my app Phone INFO ★Samsung★ to get detailed info and check your phone with the 'Fake Detector' function (under the Menu)?

You can find something interesting here...
    Yes , I tried it with my previous and current Note 3 and it's amazing informative small app , thanks dear friend.

I don't udnerstand first screen. It should be 422min 2265 max or 1958 min 2265 max?

Just to update use below settings for main. After a day at 1190 I just had a reset.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    problem resolved for mi

Hello again. I have`t wrote anything since because I wanted to make sure if I have solved the problem or not. Well, since the last time I wrote, that week I bought an (original) new battery, anyway aI needed one, and to my surprise :::: HE HAD NO NO RESTART FROM 10 JUNE 2014 UNTIL NOW . I have rooted my Note III 10 days ago and is going great. have solved 95% of the problems. PROBLEM SOLVED for me (for now), and I hope it stays that way. Greetings to all and hope I have been helpful.