[Q] [Help] Modem Issue (maybe)

Search This thread

severectify

Aug 25, 2013
Okay, so I was an idiot and didn't do enough research. I have a T-Mobile Moto X (XT 1053) and stupidly used stillthisguy's toolkit (which uses Cydia Impactor, RockMyMoto, MotoWPNoMo, and SlapMyMoto) without being aware that it is completely unnecessary since the XT1053 has an unlockable bootloader. Long story short I no longer have LTE, only Edge on a T-Mobile pre-paid plan. I am currently going through the process of correctly unlocking my bootloader and rooting, so I had a few questions.

First, is flashing a ROM going to fix my modem issue? I have my doubts, seeing as it was a separate .zip for the Nexus 4, and I don't see how this would be much different.

Second, if flashing a ROM doesn't help, then is there any way to reverse this? I'm very sorry, I just don't have the expertise required to solve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm well aware of what I did wrong, and am now seeking help to fix my screw-up.

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Okay, so I was an idiot and didn't do enough research. I have a T-Mobile Moto X (XT 1053) and stupidly used stillthisguy's toolkit (which uses Cydia Impactor, RockMyMoto, MotoWPNoMo, and SlapMyMoto) without being aware that it is completely unnecessary since the XT1053 has an unlockable bootloader. Long story short I no longer have LTE, only Edge on a T-Mobile pre-paid plan. I am currently going through the process of correctly unlocking my bootloader and rooting, so I had a few questions.

First, is flashing a ROM going to fix my modem issue? I have my doubts, seeing as it was a separate .zip for the Nexus 4, and I don't see how this would be much different.

Second, if flashing a ROM doesn't help, then is there any way to reverse this? I'm very sorry, I just don't have the expertise required to solve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm well aware of what I did wrong, and am now seeking help to fix my screw-up.

Yes you can revert back to your original modem, if you downloaded your carrier sbf firmware you will see NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn, those 2 files are your modem files. Flash those two files through fastboot

Fast boot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
Fastboot erase modemst1
Fastboot erase modemst2
Fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
Flashing a ROM will not effect your modem as its in a different partition
Also flash the modem that matches your existing firmware ie 4.4

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
Yes you can revert back to your original modem, if you downloaded your carrier sbf firmware you will see NON-HLOS.bin and fsg.mbn, those 2 files are your modem files. Flash those two files through fastboot

Fastboot erase modemst1
Fastboot erase modemst2

i second his answer :)

severectify

Aug 25, 2013

Fastboot erase modemst1
Fastboot erase modemst2

Just to be clear, these files should be in my ADB folder, correct?