Splash Screen Creator for Sprint

Search This thread

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I know there is a creator for HTC M8 on the other site, but I can't figure how to get it to work with the Sprint M8.

I flashed the H/K firmware when it came out, so the HBoot is different, as well as the CID.

Any Dev with experience farther than my amateur mind that could help all of us Sprint users out, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I know there is a creator for HTC M8 on the other site, but I can't figure how to get it to work with the Sprint M8.

I flashed the H/K firmware when it came out, so the HBoot is different, as well as the CID.

Any Dev with experience farther than my amateur mind that could help all of us Sprint users out, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I would download one of mine from the kank kong red theme thread. you have to change the name of the image to Splash.565
And also change the updater script to match our boot Splash Partition which is mmcblk0p12.

Or you can just create your image change it to splash.565 and replace the one in the cache folder from one of my flashable zips.

Reactions: mcwups1

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I would download one of mine from the kank kong red theme thread. you have to change the name of the image to Splash.565
And also change the updater script to match our boot Splash Partition which is mmcblk0p12.

Or you can just create your image change it to splash.565 and replace the one in the cache folder from one of my flashable zips.

I tried this.....and it didn't work. :crying:

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Send me the png or jpg and i will make for you.

I really am trying to learn for myself.

I flashed the H/K firmware. Not sure it matters, but there is no "OS" in the bootloader.

I did a getvar all (by searching), and came up with this....

Capture_zpsbf602a24.png

Then, I tried to edit an adroid-info.txt file to look like it, but it's missing something I don't have. There was a mainver number, but I deleted it trying to get this to work. But, when I look at the bootloader info, "version main" is missing too. When trying to use this splash screen flasher it fails. Failed without my editing so I tried other things but reverted everything back but the mainver. I even tried supercid.

modelid: 0PB70000
cidnum: SPCS_001
mainver:
btype:1
aareport:1
hbootpreupdate:11

I'm not sure what else I can do to get this to work on our device.

I'd give you images, but what if I want to use a private image...of me and my family?

Last edited:

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro

I flashed the H/K firmware. Not sure it matters, but there is no "OS" in the bootloader.

Then, I tried to edit an adroid-info.txt file to look like it, but it's missing something I don't have. There was a mainver number, but I deleted it trying to get this to work. But, when I look at the bootloader info, "version main" is missing too. When trying to use this splash screen flasher it fails. Failed without my editing so I tried other things but reverted everything back but the mainver. I even tried supercid.

mainver:

I'd give you images, but what if I want to use a private image...of me and my family?

I get the same result when fastboot getval all. But the mainver should be ROM version which is 1.54.654.13 (if lastest). However since you can a flashable Zip you should not need an android.txt file. Our M8 splash screen is now partition 12 (/dev/block/mmcblk0p12).

I can still make a zip of the jpg and send the flashable zip to you only.

Last edited:

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I get the same result when fastboot getval all. But the mainver should be ROM version which is 1.54.654.13 (if lastest). However since you can a flashable Zip you should not need an android.txt file. Our M8 splash screen is now partition 12 (/dev/block/mmcblk0p12).

Check PM please.

Also, I DL'd one of your splashes and checked the updater script. You have everything in there correct already.

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just sent PM saying the exact same thing...LOL!

OHHH I gotcha now. Yeah way back when I tried the same thing, changing a few things in the android-info.txt file. I couldn't get it to work on our Sprint version either. I just went the other route that works. It seems like it is due to our version doesn't not recognize the mainver in that file. I have yet to hboot flash any file on this phone so far. Everything through fastboot or recovery.

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
OHHH I gotcha now. Yeah way back when I tried the same thing, changing a few things in the android-info.txt file. I couldn't get it to work on our Sprint version either. I just went the other route that works. It seems like it is due to our version doesn't not recognize the mainver in that file. I have yet to hboot flash any file on this phone so far. Everything through fastboot or recovery.

I got it! I got it to flash via that splash flasher!

Thanks to you!

You change the android-info.txt to match all those attributes, and it works.

I forgot a "6" in the ID section.

Last edited:

mcwups1

May 4, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
modelid: 0P6B70000
mainver: (your ROM version here)

Don't know if ROM version matters or not, but change this in that android-info.txt file and make sure your image is 1080x1920 and a .png file.

Run the bat program, and it works!

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
modelid: 0P6B70000
mainver: (your ROM version here)

Don't know if ROM version matters or not, but change this in that android-info.txt file and make sure your image is 1080x1920 and a .png file.

Run the bat program, and it works!

Great work! I figured it had to do with the mainver not matching!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!

I tried this.....and it didn't work. :crying:

Send me the png or jpg and i will make for you.

mainver:

Check PM please.

Also, I DL'd one of your splashes and checked the updater script. You have everything in there correct already.

I know it is correct, like I said you can use the Splash creator to create your splash.img. But to get it to work on the M8, you need to change the .img extension to splash.565
    Just sent PM saying the exact same thing...LOL!