[Q] Cross flashing radios

Search This thread

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hi! I am also a current HTC user(Just not one of these One series) and I would like to ask if it's possible to cross flash radios from any variants of HTC One?

The reason is I asked HTC on their official facebook pages about LTE support of the HTC one and they said that the LTE frequencies that will be enabled on the HTC One depends on what region it was released. So just wondering if let's say I would buy the HTC One from europe(Whic has different LTE frequencies compared to our country) will I be able to flash a radio baseband of a HTC One from let's say asia to switch frequencies?

The reason why I asked this is because I noticed that past HTC devices like HTC One S and One X etc. has different variants depending on what network/region it was bought.

A good example is

Can I flash the radio of HTC One which was has a uk radio/baseband into a HTC One with an asia radio/baseband?

Last edited:

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
You sure about that? Hmm isn't it a tedious task for HTC to make different hardware per region just to complicate things?

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
Hi! I am also a current HTC user(Just not one of these One series) and I would like to ask if it's possible to cross flash radios from any variants of HTC One?

The reason is I asked HTC on their official facebook pages about LTE support of the HTC one and they said that the LTE frequencies that will be enabled on the HTC One depends on what region it was released. So just wondering if let's say I would buy the HTC One from europe(Whic has different LTE frequencies compared to our country) will I be able to flash a radio baseband of a HTC One from let's say asia to switch frequencies?

The reason why I asked this is because I noticed that past HTC devices like HTC One S and One X etc. has different variants depending on what network/region it was bought.

A good example is

Can I flash the radio of HTC One which was has a uk radio/baseband into a HTC One with an asia radio/baseband?

No, they use different bands in the hardware. Can an AM radio pick up FM, no.

US use different bands to pretty much the rest of the world. In America the AT&T model covers all america, the EU model should cover most of the rest of the world.

LTE:

EU: 800/1800/2600 MHz
US (AT&T): 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz
US (TMO): 700/AWS MHz
US (Sprint): 1900 MHz
Asia: 1800/2600 Mhz

Reactions: Riyal

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Ok thanks! Read the info on the other thread! Anyways just to be sure I am gonna try cross flashing basebands one I get the device. At least it won't do any permanent brick anyways. I still believe it should be possible since they are using qualcomm modems on this device. And the modem I am talking about is has support for every LTE frequencies in the world.

https://chipworks.secure.force.com/catalog/ProductDetails?sku=QUA-MDM9215M

And also

This is not a matter of FM to AM this a matter of letting the chip recieve 87.5mhz frequency and let it also recieve 108mhz frequency

Last edited:

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
HTC Desire
Sony Xperia Z5
Ok thanks! Read the info on the other thread! Anyways just to be sure I am gonna try cross flashing basebands one I get the device. At least it won't do any permanent brick anyways. I still believe it should be possible since they are using qualcomm modems on this device. And the modem I am talking about is has support for every LTE frequencies in the world.

https://chipworks.secure.force.com/catalog/ProductDetails?sku=QUA-MDM9215M

Wrong, common misconception, it does not support LTE frequencies world wide. And it is funny we should be talking about this today because Qualcomm has just 4 hours ago announced such a beast that you are referring to, so obviously it is not available in any device. http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/22/qualcomm-first-global-lte-chip/

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Wrong, common misconception, it does not support LTE frequencies world wide. And it is funny we should be talking about this today because Qualcomm has just 4 hours ago announced such a beast that you are referring to, so obviously it is not available in any device. http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/22/qualcomm-first-global-lte-chip/

:) Ok sorry I am not talking about a real global LTE support but at least. The HTC One's modem can support this LTE frequency bands.

700 / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600

And if you ask me I think that would be enough to make 4G work on almost all parts of the globe.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6

Ha! I just saw an article yesterday about new Qualcomm chip that includes/supports all bands (though that may be per region, ex US, Europe, Asia). Supposed to make it easier for manufacturers to build one device, and not one device per carrier.
@OP, I would not try to flash radio not intended for your device. If partition sizes are different...brick. at least, that's my understanding.

From my Evo LTE, yup.

Indy1337

May 17, 2011
Sorry, but I can't really follow up know,

Is it now possible to flash a new radio rom on an US One, so it will use Europe Bands for LTE?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A good example is

US use different bands to pretty much the rest of the world. In America the AT&T model covers all america, the EU model should cover most of the rest of the world.

LTE:

EU: 800/1800/2600 MHz
    US (AT&T): 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz
    US (TMO): 700/AWS MHz
    US (Sprint): 1900 MHz
    Asia: 1800/2600 Mhz
    Sorry, but I can't really follow up know,

Is it now possible to flash a new radio rom on an US One, so it will use Europe Bands for LTE?

NOT YET. Maybe never but probably soon.