[Q} ODIN and stock Firmware Update (wth knox)

Search This thread

umberto.sulla

Dec 30, 2010
I updated 3 weeks ago to BTU MH8 with knox components and all is perfect., Knox warranty 0x00....
Since my phone originally was ITV (Italy) I'd like to recover the original CSC to ITV with the new firmare ITV MHB released today.

Is there any problem, with knox installed, to flash MHB with Odin? I'm going to sell my S4 and I prefer to return it to the original status.

Thank you
Umberto

oxfordmark

Mar 3, 2011
Smart Watches
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I updated 3 weeks ago to BTU MH8 with knox components and all is perfect., Knox warranty 0x00....
Since my phone originally was ITV (Italy) I'd like to recover the original CSC to ITV with the new firmare ITV MHB released today.

Is there any problem, with knox installed, to flash MHB with Odin? I'm going to sell my S4 and I prefer to return it to the original status.

Thank you
Umberto

I would like to know if you can flash with KNOX (using ODIN)?

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Guys, all NEW FW's have KNOX on-board and most important the NEW irreversible Bootloader.
You can flash new FW through Odin but it MUST be newer or the same version as your current build.
For example, if you're using XXUDMH8 then you can flash ONLY firmwares with XXU.. on the beginning and anything greater than ...MH8
You can use XXUDMHB as it's newer FW.. it goes from 1-9 and A-Z..
Simple as that.. ;)

umberto.sulla

Dec 30, 2010
Guys, all NEW FW's have KNOX on-board and most important the NEW irreversible Bootloader.
You can flash new FW through Odin but it MUST be newer or the same version as your current build.
For example, if you're using XXUDMH8 then you can flash ONLY firmwares with XXU.. on the beginning and anything greater than ...MH8
Simple as that.. ;)

Thank you for you isimple answer... I only want to be sure that changing CSC from BTU to DTM to ITV etc (going ahead with fw versions) is allowed ...
I don't want to brick my device

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Simple as that.. ;)

Are you 100% sure about that?
I heard once you have KNOX warranty void 0x1 then no matter what firmware you're trying to flash Odin will fail. Even if it's a newer firmware.
I hope you're right and they're wrong.

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
I heard once you have KNOX warranty void 0x1 then no matter what firmware you're trying to flash Odin will fail. Even if it's a newer firmware.
??? What are you talking about?? :p
I've got KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0x1 and no probs at all, you can flash whatever you want through Odin (same or upwards FW's ONLY)
My KNOX Status got messed up while installing MGG and now I'm running pre-rooted XXUDMI1 ;)

Reactions: Obagleyfreer

umberto.sulla

Dec 30, 2010
I've got KNOX WARRANTY VOID 0x1 and no probs at all, you can flash whatever you want through Odin (same or upwards FW's ONLY)
My KNOX Status got messed up while installing MGG and now I'm running pre-rooted XXUDMI1 ;)

Ok, updated to MHB through Odin and no problem.

Status Knox Warranty still 0x00

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
No knox voice in my download mode:
samsung_knox_zps193a8202.jpg

is it hidden or is normal until you flash the new knox bootloader?

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington

But you didn't flash the bootloader, did you?
So if you have new bootloader and knox 0x1 status you can still flash stock firmware in Odin and run it fine, even with stock kernel?

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
hmmmmm :(
That's a great problem. I stay using my UBMGA firmware.
You can install latest XXUDMI1 but CWM version as bootloader won't be flashed.. ;)

So if you have new bootloader and knox 0x1 status you can still flash stock firmware in Odin and run it fine, even with stock kernel?
I'm using pre-rooted MI1 (Odin version) with latest bootloader so yes, you can. ;)

@ both of you
Check my thread in Development section for more informations ;)

Painman1963

Mar 14, 2012
Bristol
On the S3 if I used MobileOdin to flash a new Rom it wouldn't update the bootloader. Can someone confirm the same is true on the S4?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
On the S3 if I used MobileOdin to flash a new Rom it wouldn't update the bootloader. Can someone confirm the same is true on the S4?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

That would probably be an instant KNOX warranty void due to the fact that Mobile ODIN only runs on rooted devices...
But I'm not gonna experiment with it due to the uncertainty of it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple as that.. ;)
    No knox voice in my download mode:
    is it hidden or is normal until you flash the new knox bootloader?
    You have OLD bootloader, no KNOX in it... You're safe for now..
    BTW, your Download Mode will look different after you flash new FW..
    hmmmmm :(
    That's a great problem. I stay using my UBMGA firmware.
    You can install latest XXUDMI1 but CWM version as bootloader won't be flashed.. ;)

I'm using pre-rooted MI1 (Odin version) with latest bootloader so yes, you can. ;)

@ both of you
    Check my thread in Development section for more informations ;)
    Ok, updated to MHB through Odin and no problem.

Status Knox Warranty still 0x00
    Yeah, DO NOT flash any Custom Recovery nor Root and your status will stay at 0x0.. ;)
    You can flash any newer FW but think twice as you can't go back if you don't like it... ;)