[APP] StartProgWOSense - Update v2.6.3b1/b2!! - auto-disable Sense to free RAM !!

Search This thread

cyber-junkie

Oct 8, 2009
Because of new functions StartProgWOSense is renamed to UIFlex -
and continued in a new thread: <Link>

! Big thanx to arealityfarbetween !

For all with WVGA / VGA* / WQVGA / QVGA* screen and Sense (in Rom or installed separately) I can proudly present:

icon128-neu3.png

StartProgWOSense v2.6.3b1/b2

Freeware-Version (since v2.5) includes all Pro-functions - Pro-Version is no more available!

!Fixes most Ram-problems with installed HTC-sense!
! 20 - 30MB more free RAM by temporarily disabling HTC-Sense!

startprogwosense-v2-4-50p.png

Runs on all Roms (not only WWE) with HTC-Sense!
Multilanguage! Supported languages:
Bulgarian / Croatian / Czech / English / French / German / Greek / Polish / Russian / Spanish

Functions::

Add programs to a list.
A background-script (that could be started automatically) checks the list,
terminates Sense as soon as one of the programs starts (highest after 5 seconds) -
and starts Sense automatically when the program is closed.

The programs can be added with the exe-file - or the Startmenu-Shortcut.

Some exe-files are by default in the list (could removed if required):
Navigon: MobileNavigator.exe
Igo: IGO8.exe
TomTom: TomTom Navigator.exe
Route66: Route66.exe
Garmin:Garmin Mobile XT.exe
CityGuide:CityGuide.exe

If the background-script don't terminates Sense when you starts your navi-program
please delete the default-exe-entry and re-add the exe-file of your navi-program
(some navi-programs have other exe-files on different versions...).

Additional you can add Quicklaunch-Shortcuts, so that you can start a program
without Sense directly from startmenu (this needs no running background-script).
When starting a program with the Quicklaunch-Shortcut Sense will be closed, then the
program starts (and when the program is closed Sense starts automatically).

Manual:
To terminate Sense automatically when starting programs:
1. 'Add Program to list'
(either select the StartMenu-Shortcut, or the EXE file)
2. Start Background-Script (or activate Background-Script Auto-Start + Softreset)
3. Close StartProgWOSense

To start programs (without Sense) with a Startmenu-Shortcut:
1. 'Create Quickstart in Startmenu'
(either select the Startmenu-Shortcut, or the EXE file)
2. Enter name of the new shortcut
3. Close StartProgWOSense
4. Quickstart-Shortcut is now added to the startmenu

When a program should be addes by a Startmenu-Shortcut (to add it to the list -
or to create a Quicklaunch-Shortcut), the program will run once (still with Sense)
and closes automatically after a while (10 seconds) - after that the 'real' process-exe ist registered!

Deinstallation:

Befor deinstallation please deactivate the background-script-autostart -
otherwise there comes an error-message after every softreset!
(In this case please the SPWOS_autostart.lnk in your autostart-folder!)

Created Quicklaunch-Shortcuts are not getting deinstalled - please delete the Quicklaunch-Shortcuts with StartProgWOSense before deinstalling (otherwise you have to delete it manually from Startmenu-folder)!

*) I've tested on VGA and QVGA device: It work's ! Only a little part of the messages won't be shown on the display
(every status message have a footer '(window is closing soon)' - and this isn't shown on VGA-/QVGA-devices).

Changelog:

• BugFix: Backgroundscript-Autostart wasn't working on some roms with cooked in StartProgWOSense (because of the installation-path) - fixed
  • BugFix: StartProgWOSense wasn't working when Sense is called 'Sense' (and not 'HTC Sense') - fixed: If required StartProgWOSense renames 'Sense' to 'HTC Sense' (followed by a softreset)
  • Languages now included: Czech, Spanish
  • Limit of list places removed (thanx to arealityfarbetween)
  • BugFix: When you had two programs of the list running - and have closed one of them - Sense was starting for a short time (and closing again 5 second later) - fixed
  • Languages are now sorted in alphabetic order
  • Added Garmin Mobile XT.exe (Garmin) and CityGuide.exe (CityGuide) to the default list-entries (could removed if required)
  • Programcode partly rewritten by arealityfarbetween
  • Added a 'Special thanks to'-page to 'About StartProgWOSense' - with credits to all coders/translators
  • Changing language don't need a program-restart
  • Added 'Debug' - with status of backgroundscript/autostart/program-list/quickstart-shortcuts
  • Little Bug-fixes
  • Went back to refreshtoday.exe - with RedrawToday there are some bad bugs.
2.6.3b1
  • Latest mods by arealityfarbetween (see his changelog)
  • + Turned again back to RefreshToday.exe - RedrawToday gave different problems ...
  • + deleted ExeCheck when adding a program with a exe... (because when I want to add a special exe it don't have to be checked)
2.6.3b2
  • Same Version as v2.6.3b1 - but with RedrawToday - and not RefreshToday.exe.
    (works better on Navigon - but RedrawToday gave sometimes an error on my device - see post 76)

CU cyber-junkie

If you like the program - and want to buy me a cup of coffee, a coke or a beer to say 'thanx':

>>> Donate (Paypal) in EUR <<< >>> Donate (Paypal) in USD <<<

Because of new functions StartProgWOSense is renamed
to UIFlex - and continued in a new thread: <Link>

! Big thanx to arealityfarbetween !

Last edited:

frmariam

Oct 21, 2008
Uh... These are Mortscripts. You do realize that anyone with a notepad and just a bit of knowledge can make themselves a pro-version? It seems quite easy...

I don't want to be mean... I just hate Sense that much! Manila/Sense hacks are the sole responsibles of actual homescreen plugins development death/halt (there's a big difference between hacking an HTC app and developing proper software...).

PS: Hope you send part of your profits to Mort (he made this possible... who knows maybe he'll finally update MortScript). That or put a bounty for new features for MortScript using the official SVN as base (Mort's 6th post).

cyber-junkie

Oct 8, 2009
Uh... These are Mortscripts. You do realize that anyone with a notepad and just a bit of knowledge can make themselves a pro-version? It seems quite easy...

Yes I know that - but: I haven't even disabled the pro-functions - I removed them completly from the free-version.
And: I programmed around 100 hours to make this program possible - so I think it's really, really unfair to edit just my finished code ...

And: Of course I will send a part of the profit to Mort - he made all this possible!

Last edited:

KUR0I

Aug 28, 2008
VGA-Version

This sounds very cool. Any hope for a VGA Version.

cyber-junkie

Oct 8, 2009
This sounds very cool. Any hope for a VGA Version.

I've tested on VGA and QVGA device: It work's ! Only a little part of the messages won't be shown on the display (every status message have a footer '(window is closing soon)' - and this isn't shown on VGA-/QVGA-devices).

Last edited:

true2you

Dec 21, 2007
brussels
I can help for the french translation, PM me if i'm required.

BTW it's an awesome idea, much simpler than writing a separate script one at the time for every needed program.

cyber-junkie

Oct 8, 2009
I can help for the french translation, PM me if i'm required.

BTW it's an awesome idea, much simpler than writing a separate script one at the time for every needed program.

Hy true2you,

thanks for your offer.

Translation to french is still in progress by another user (see 'Translation-Status' om first post) - and should be included soon
(included in Pro-Version as soon as translation is complete - Freeware-Version will be updated soon).

CU cyber-junkie

Black-Dragon

Sep 6, 2007
Béziers
Advertising

Hy cyber-junkie,

Nice works, for my HD1 and HD2.
I have write on my French Forum, all the qualities of yours works.
I hope that many french user Donate to this exe.

cyber-junkie

Oct 8, 2009
will do polish translation, i had pm you already

Hy billyJ,
I've send you a PM with instructions to translate - thank you!

@AndiCP: Do you think it is really fair to use my thread to promote your program?
Btw: With your program you have to dis-/enable Sense manually when you want to start a program without Sense to free memory -
my program does this automatically (once it's configurated) (and If you optimize your program you should name it StartProgWOSense ;) ...)!
And: Some devices have problems with different .NET Compact Framework-Versions - but I found no device that have problems with Mortscript...

Last edited:

cyber-junkie

Oct 8, 2009
I've now added a Languagepack to the first post (works on Free- and Pro-Version!) - this includes:
Bulgarian / Croatian / French / Greek / Russian (more languages coming soon!)

English and German are supported by default.

cyber-junkie

Oct 8, 2009