[FIXED] MicroSD Mounter for XOOM HC 3.2 ROOT Users (Read/Write!)

Search This thread

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Hi,

Not directly related to microsd but i cannot create folder in the internal SD memory storage using windows explorer. Explorer can delete and copy files over and folders over but not directly create a folder in the SD storage space.

Is this suppose to be normal. I have rooted with Tiamat 2.1.

Thanks for the help!

Lawrence
You are right, your comment doesn't really belong in this thread.

If you read the release notes for the Hammerhead 2.1 rom, you will see that they removed the usb mass storage capability as it added too much complexity. That means that you cannot use the Xoom as a mass storage drive for your pc (you can't do what you are trying to do).

This may be resolved in future roms, I guess. I think you can use Root Explorer to make a new folder though, within the Xoom itself.

cloudy616

Nov 27, 2009
Thx so much for ur great app!
It really solved my problem
One bug is that non english laguage is not supported after mounted readwrite
Could u pls fix that

LDrake

Nov 13, 2010
It doesn't work for me :(

The utility is able to Mount as read only (HC3.2 default) but when I try to Remount as read/write, the SD is just dismounted :confused:

I use MicroSD Mounter Version 0.1b, Tiamat kernel 2.1.0, tablet is obviously rooted.

Any help/idea apreciated.

Last edited:

deb10042

Nov 22, 2009
Hello!
Every time, I try to download and open the app using the link in the OP, I get a fault message, telling me that a problem occured while analyzing the package.
Is there a proble with the link or is it me, doing something wrong?
Hope you can help!? (tried downloading with different browsers)

slonn

Nov 6, 2010
Hello!
Every time, I try to download and open the app using the link in the OP, I get a fault message, telling me that a problem occured while analyzing the package.
Is there a proble with the link or is it me, doing something wrong?
Hope you can help!? (tried downloading with different browsers)

Odd. I just downloaded it without problems

xenasg1

Dec 3, 2011
can't write to sdcard

I downloaded the Microsd Mounter app but when I tried to open it just force closes on me every single time. Any suggestions? Does my Xoom tablet have to be rooted as when I tried that it failed? I was thinking that maybe me not being able to write to the sdcard was the reason why it wouldn't root.

Last edited:

jjsteing

Dec 5, 2011
Yeeeaaahhhhh

This app solve my read/write problem :):)

since I install Tiamat 2.2.2, I was not able to write on my SD from my PC ( windows to xoom with USB cable)... Now all work perfectly and I can retransfert all my data again :cool::D:D

Last edited:

hfam

Aug 13, 2010
Hey all,

I just want to confirm that this app works FLAWLESSLY on Ice Cream Sammich 4.0.3!!!

Im also confirming that nothing changed on 4.0.3 with regard to the SD card, it is still R/O, so Im super grateful for this incredible little app, especially since it works straightaway on 4.0.3!!

Thanks again to the OP for writing this awesome little piece of code!!!

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Yuccaman

Apr 7, 2011
Sadly not working for me on Stock ICS from a UK Xoom converted to a GED....

I run the app, apply the change, get the Superuser Confirmation of allowing access and says its succeeded, but on reloading the app immediately, SD Card Status is back to as it was, not Read/Write....

BereanPK

Mar 29, 2008
Western PA
+1 on working perfectly on ICS 4.0.3!

Also +1 on the run-on-bootup option, but even as-is, this app is fantastic! Solves the long-standing SD Card issue!

~ BereanPK

hfam

Aug 13, 2010
Sad to report, this no longer works for me after the 4.1.1 updare. :(

Fire it up and it grants su to the app, but the app just shuts down right away.

Reinstalled it to be sure, and indeed it no longer does its magic.

Hoping awesome dev updates it to work, this little app was crucial.

Damn... :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All,

Created a quick app to re-mount the microSD card as read/write for rooted Motorola XOOM Honeycomb 3.2 users. This app simply dismounts and remounts the microSD card in its "stock" location as read/write. Optionally, you can also add a mount point to /sdcard/external (which is friendlier for some apps).

I hope this helps some people out, I know I like it. ;)

APK Download V0.1b
    ** FIXED Force Close when /sdcard/external folder doesn't exist **

BTW: I don't have enough posts to put this in development, where it belongs. Mods - Feel free to move this thread as appropriate.

edit: This app is still under development, use of this app is at your own risk. The app will forcefully dismount/remount the sdcard, so any active access to the sdcard is affected, and under extreme cases can result in data loss.

I'm adding a lot more error checking, validation to minimize any chances of data loss. Also, I'm working on hot-swap sdcard support, remount-on-boot support, and a widget to easily get sdcard status.
    Hi,

Not directly related to microsd but i cannot create folder in the internal SD memory storage using windows explorer. Explorer can delete and copy files over and folders over but not directly create a folder in the SD storage space.

Is this suppose to be normal. I have rooted with Tiamat 2.1.

Thanks for the help!

Lawrence
    You are right, your comment doesn't really belong in this thread.

If you read the release notes for the Hammerhead 2.1 rom, you will see that they removed the usb mass storage capability as it added too much complexity. That means that you cannot use the Xoom as a mass storage drive for your pc (you can't do what you are trying to do).

This may be resolved in future roms, I guess. I think you can use Root Explorer to make a new folder though, within the Xoom itself.
    Reserved for future use.
    If you use root explorer, you can read/write to the sdcard no problem with HC 3.2, but if you try as a normal user, you can read-only. So apps can't store data on the sdcard.