Unlock your TP2 for Free (So far Sim unlock)

Search This thread

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Anyone get it to work? Does this basically make the TP2 into a world phone? Any help is appreciated.

The TP2 already is a 'world phone'. The SIM unlock is if you want to use the TP2 on GSM carriers within the US.

HTC (or Sprint/Verizon) locked the GSM slot so it will not function on GSM carriers (hence the SIM unlock). However, as far as I understand it, the TP2's GSM slot will always work on international/non-US GSM carriers.

wildpig1234

May 31, 2008
So I called sprint and they say they never do sim unlock for domestic carriers even if phone was off contract or old. No exception.

So how would i get this working? I would really like to have a back up phone that i could use with any carrier if needed. Thanks

bones420la

Nov 10, 2010
wilmington nc
I called Verizon bout a year ago trying to sim unlock my TP2. They gave me the runaround. Sending me from the global department to tech support. And back again.

If you seriously want a sim unlocked phone. There are so many better choices. Hell if I ever buy another Windows phone. It would only be the HTC hd2. Winmo is so far gone:(

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

BenGman

May 17, 2007
The Mediafire link to the ROM you used is dead.

Do you have a new link for the ROM, e.g. Dropbox?

Do you know the name of the ROM so I can search for it elsewhere?

Or do you know the feature to look for in a ROM to see if it accepts those commands so I can search for an alternate ROM to try those commands on?

I want to try this on a Verizon TP2.

Thanks in advance!

I bought a used TP2 off of ebay the other day just to tinker with it. I've been playing with it for a week or so trying to unlock it, I know there is an unlocker made by Olipro/Cmonex available but I guess you have to pay for that. Although I have the Sprint TP2 and that one is Sim unlocked, but I was able to find a way to SIM lock/unlock it, I'm still trying to figure out how to turn Security off though, I mean setting Secu_Flag to 0. I I did a lot of searching but couldn't find any instructions about unlocking the TP2 for free. So here is what I found so far:

Step 1- HardSPL your TP2 (This is available for free)

Step 2- Load the following RUU rom to your TP2. It looks like this Rom when loaded to the RAM it enables some Atcmd commands that allows us to play with NV part of the ROM thus allowing us to Lock/Unlock: RUU_Signed.nbh (I couldn't post the link I need to post 8 times before I can) "mediafire.com/?n11beq12kk24hy5"

Step 3- Run the following Atcmd: (This sets the Simlock flags to 0 thus removing the Simlock:
AT@SimLOCK=0,1,code "where "code" is your MSL ( I set my MSL code to 000000 and found out that 22051978 worked too, I found this on the internet somewhere)
AT@SimLOCK=0,2,code
AT@SimLOCK=0,4,code
AT@SimLOCK=0,8,code

This only unlocks the SIM, I was able to toggle those on and Off on My Sprint TP2 without any problem. Now if only I can find the command that disables the Secu_Flag. I don't have a lot of experience with this maybe some of you guys have experience and could point me in the right direction to continue my small project I would appreciate it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought a used TP2 off of ebay the other day just to tinker with it. I've been playing with it for a week or so trying to unlock it, I know there is an unlocker made by Olipro/Cmonex available but I guess you have to pay for that. Although I have the Sprint TP2 and that one is Sim unlocked, but I was able to find a way to SIM lock/unlock it, I'm still trying to figure out how to turn Security off though, I mean setting Secu_Flag to 0. I I did a lot of searching but couldn't find any instructions about unlocking the TP2 for free. So here is what I found so far:

Step 1- HardSPL your TP2 (This is available for free)

Step 2- Load the following RUU rom to your TP2. It looks like this Rom when loaded to the RAM it enables some Atcmd commands that allows us to play with NV part of the ROM thus allowing us to Lock/Unlock: RUU_Signed.nbh (I couldn't post the link I need to post 8 times before I can) "mediafire.com/?n11beq12kk24hy5"

Step 3- Run the following Atcmd: (This sets the Simlock flags to 0 thus removing the Simlock:
    AT@SimLOCK=0,1,code "where "code" is your MSL ( I set my MSL code to 000000 and found out that 22051978 worked too, I found this on the internet somewhere)
    AT@SimLOCK=0,2,code
    AT@SimLOCK=0,4,code
    AT@SimLOCK=0,8,code

This only unlocks the SIM, I was able to toggle those on and Off on My Sprint TP2 without any problem. Now if only I can find the command that disables the Secu_Flag. I don't have a lot of experience with this maybe some of you guys have experience and could point me in the right direction to continue my small project I would appreciate it.