[Q] [SGP311] problem with wifi and bluetooth working at the same time

Search This thread

polarbearmc

May 17, 2006
Las Vegas
www.bydavidrosen.com
Bah, they simply have no clue.

Like the dudes on the official Sony support forum, this support guy just gave some random halfway "fitting sounding" answer, like a Windows support guy who says: "Restart Windows"...

I wouldn`t use this "PC Companion" crap, honestly.

yea i wasn't planning on it. just figured i'd report in with what they said. what a shame...

Netblade5000

Nov 10, 2010
I tested at my office with a 5GHz wifi network:

With Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard connected to my Tablet Z i got the following results:

2,4GHz: 0,5MBits/s
5GHz: 50MBits/s

like jfrancis999 already tested, I get the same results.
5GHz Wifi is not affected by this issue.

@ anyone If there is someone using a Bluetooth keyboard on this tablet and a 2,4GHz Wifi getting more than 1MBit/s, please tell us!

Last edited:

Xelstyle

Dec 22, 2011

With Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard connected to my Tablet Z i got the following results:

@ anyone If there is someone using a Bluetooth keyboard on this tablet and a 2,4GHz Wifi getting more than 1MBit/s, please tell us!

Using the exact same keyboard, I got similar results with 2.4Ghz running only 0.6Mbits/s

polarbearmc

May 17, 2006
Las Vegas
www.bydavidrosen.com
Bah, they simply have no clue.

Like the dudes on the official Sony support forum, this support guy just gave some random halfway "fitting sounding" answer, like a Windows support guy who says: "Restart Windows"...

I wouldn`t use this "PC Companion" crap, honestly.

wow, can anyone else confirm that? i was thinking about upgrading my router soon anyway (its an asus rt-16... 2.4ghz only) but if i can hear 1 or 2 more people saying the issues went away with a 5ghz router, then i think i might place an order this week...

still sucks though if i'm on vacation or something and want to get a little work done... bah...

Netblade5000

Nov 10, 2010
wow, can anyone else confirm that? i was thinking about upgrading my router soon anyway (its an asus rt-16... 2.4ghz only) but if i can hear 1 or 2 more people saying the issues went away with a 5ghz router, then i think i might place an order this week...

still sucks though if i'm on vacation or something and want to get a little work done... bah...

Thats exactly what I did. I only confirmed post #17 by jfrancis999 on page 2...

SteadyVG

Feb 2, 2016
I am facing the same issue with Xperia Tablet Z. I am trying to use bluetooth headphones and having wifi connectivity issue on device.
Main issue comes during youtube app, issue occurs less frequently when playing youtube on chrome browser.

Also, if I remove tablet case. performance improves but issue does occur after a while where it will stop playing video. I have not been able to figure out any resolution so far.

Reactions: Hubi Hub

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have now measured speeds with a speedtest app.

When I only have connected my Harman Kardon Bluetooth audio receiver, the WiFi works perfectly normal and has same throughput as without Bluetooth on.

When I connect my BT keyboard, Wifi speed becomes very low (below 1 Mbit).

So, not BT in general is the culprit - it depends on the kind of device!
    Hi All,

With the tablet connected to 5GHz I get the following speeds:
    * Playstation 3 controller disconnected: 58Mbps down/30Mbps up
    * Playstation 3 controller connected: 42Mbps down/12Mbps up

With the tablet connected to 2.4GHz I get the following speeds:
    * Playstation 3 controller disconnected: 4Mbps down/30Mbps up (not sure what's up with the download speed)
    * Playstation 3 controller connected: 103Kbps down/52Kbps up (OUCH!)

Regards,
    John Francis
    I am facing the same issue with Xperia Tablet Z. I am trying to use bluetooth headphones and having wifi connectivity issue on device.
    Main issue comes during youtube app, issue occurs less frequently when playing youtube on chrome browser.

Also, if I remove tablet case. performance improves but issue does occur after a while where it will stop playing video. I have not been able to figure out any resolution so far.