[Q] I get error flashing acer iconia a1-810

Search This thread

Atollax

Jan 1, 2014
Hi

after rooting my acer iconia a1-810, tablet keeps locking screen after 0,5 sec. so I can't enable usb debugging and I can't install different rom with Acer Iconia v0.8.1 toolkit

So i tried install different rom from system recovery, but I get check.partition.size=[__PROP_UNDEFINED__] error,

maybe somebody know how to fix this error ?

Atollax

Jan 1, 2014
This error like error in rom file. In this situation you can help rom build author. Or needs more details.

I installed RV18RC07_WW_GEN1 rom from [ToolKit] Acer Iconia v0.8.1 page, first I stuck in boot loop. than i tried install update.zip for that rom, during installation proccess I got that partition error, but my iconia after restart booted up, but stuck with always locking screen.

probably I chose wrong rom version for rooting :confused:

maybe I can revert that process or install decent rom via fastboot, what do you think ?

Atollax

Jan 1, 2014
after all my screen wasnt locking down, just lights turned off after half sec. pressing volume up and down I kept screen on, and I manage to enable usb debugging mode in menu.

I unrooted with RV18RC07 stock image, but it did not solved my problem.

Can I flash different rom for example stock RV03RC08 over stock RV18RC07 on acer iconia a1-810 ?

saluttt

Apr 13, 2014
check it maybe will help, good luck !

I bought my Acer A1-810 it’s 2,5 months (from amazon). And few days ago I decided to root it. 1 hour later i realized that was not a really good idea, because i did not know much things about, and it was not as easy as I thought. and voila as a result : bootloop !

I tried different roms, different update.zips but got allways the same error : ” check.partition.size=[__PROP_UNDEFINED__] ”
I was desperate…I was at the point of resend it to Acer for repair. But last try was successful, I did it, I did !!! And there is how !

1. go to acer web page --->support--->drivers and manuels
2. choose your model acer a1-810
3. As my divece was bought in usa, my FW upgrade is AV052.RV26RC06.PA.CUS1 (in O.S ), download it !
4.when it’s done, you should unzip and should get update.zip separately.
5. Put update.zip on SD card
6.Put SD card in your device.

For next steps see the manuel of update

moongirls

Apr 17, 2008
Dead :(

check it maybe will help, good luck !

I bought my Acer A1-810 it’s 2,5 months (from amazon). And few days ago I decided to root it. 1 hour later i realized that was not a really good idea, because i did not know much things about, and it was not as easy as I thought. and voila as a result : bootloop !

I tried different roms, different update.zips but got allways the same error : ” check.partition.size=[__PROP_UNDEFINED__] ”
I was desperate…I was at the point of resend it to Acer for repair. But last try was successful, I did it, I did !!! And there is how !

1. go to acer web page --->support--->drivers and manuels
2. choose your model acer a1-810
3. As my divece was bought in usa, my FW upgrade is AV052.RV26RC06.PA.CUS1 (in O.S ), download it !
4.when it’s done, you should unzip and should get update.zip separately.
5. Put update.zip on SD card
6.Put SD card in your device.

For next steps see the manuel of update

I did as you guide ...
The upgrade is success and i press power button for reboot. After that my tablet is dead. tried following all of Acer's recomendations (vilumeup button + power button, popping battery out, hold power button in and then insert charger, stick a paperclip in reset button hole, etc). nothing works.