[Q] difficulty updating samsung galaxy s2

Search This thread

deshi-freshi

Feb 1, 2014
Hi guys,
i have an issue with a phone i recently got off ebay. It works fine, but the problem is that the charging port doesnt work. This means that there is no PC connectivity available to use samsung kies. The other problem is that it is currently running android 4.0.3 ICS, but when i try the OTA under about phone in settings there is no option for updating. This seems a bit odd to me, but i cant get around this issue, Please can someone help me. I've rooted the device but im not sure which rom is compatable with it. i'd like a rom closest to the samsung stock rom without the bloatware.

carrier - tmobile (unlocked)
version 4.0.3 ICS
baseband version I9100BVLPB
build number IML74K.BVLPB

Thank you in advance

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Replace the board/port - really easy/quick/cheap (~US$10-$15) to do yourself; KeithRoss39 has a guide in the General section that has all the info you need - search for it. If you're going to be flashing anything, not having a working USB port is a recipe for disaster. You have no way of recovering if the SHTF (which it does for everyone at some point).

With regard rom recommendations, these are forbidden here. It's expected you do your own research (read the rom threads in the two Development sections) to find a rom that has what you need/works well for you (mods will close the thread if you persist with that line).

Reactions: theunderling

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Replace the board/port - really easy/quick/cheap (~US$10-$15) to do yourself; KeithRoss39 has a guide in the General section that has all the info you need - search for it. If you're going to be flashing anything, not having a working USB port is a recipe for disaster. You have no way of recovering if the SHTF (which it does for everyone at some point).

With regard rom recommendations, these are forbidden here. It's expected you do your own research (read the rom threads in the two Development sections) to find a rom that has what you need/works well for you (mods will close the thread if you persist with that line).