Gnome 3 as a webapp IPK Available. :)

Search This thread

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
So I have always thought gnome 3 would be a great tablet interface for big tablets and I found a port of gnome 3 wrote in JavaScript and available to test and use on a webpage(that I'll share later).

So I took the Google Music Wrapper and modified it to get a full screen experience, and since its wrote using enyo you can scroll on Firefox and through the app drawer instead of tapping on the scroll bar.

At the moment I'm running it on his server, but I plan with help of any developer to build the packages for webos and create a server on the touchpad so you can have the OS native.

The ipk I have created will be uploaded shortly to test(when I get home), the cool thing is you don't need to multiboot because its an application! :D

If any developer wants to help please PM me. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Justjusten

Jan 2, 2010
Hey I just installed your app, its really cool. Any chance you could provide a link to the source?:)

joshua764

Jun 11, 2012
mexico df
So I have always thought gnome 3 would be a great tablet interface for big tablets and I found a port of gnome 3 wrote in JavaScript and available to test and use on a webpage(that I'll share later).

So I took the Google Music Wrapper and modified it to get a full screen experience, and since its wrote using enyo you can scroll on Firefox and through the app drawer instead of tapping on the scroll bar.

At the moment I'm running it on his server, but I plan with help of any developer to build the packages for webos and create a server on the touchpad so you can have the OS native.

The ipk I have created will be uploaded shortly to test(when I get home), the cool thing is you don't need to multiboot because its an application! :D

If any developer wants to help please PM me. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

just installed in the pre2 not work. night in the install touchpad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

blmvxer

Jan 13, 2012
It only works on the Touchpad and I have an Android version that only works on Android Tablets.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app