HTC EVO 4G LTE @ BestBuy

Search This thread

phantomevo77

Jun 11, 2010
Anyone in the know... Looks like best buy will only refund your 200 if you return the phone days 15-30 but not reset your upgrade? What is the point of 30 days then? I'd I wanted to get rid of the phone and lose an upgrade I'd just sell it for more than double that

Here's the thing... Sprint gives everyone 14 days to return the equipment and reset your upgrade. What Best Buy does is allows you 30 days to exchange it. How I like to explain it to customers is this.... "You have 14 days to return the device and 30 days to exchange it." That's the way I explain to customers and never had a problem with someone coming back 15-30 days wanting to get their upgrade back

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

jackpearce

Jul 24, 2010
baton rouge
Here's the thing... Sprint gives everyone 14 days to return the equipment and reset your upgrade. What Best Buy does is allows you 30 days to exchange it. How I like to explain it to customers is this.... "You have 14 days to return the device and 30 days to exchange it." That's the way I explain to customers and never had a problem with someone coming back 15-30 days wanting to get their upgrade back

So of I wanted to return my evo, which I don't, but if I did, I could and exchange it for say the sg3 and pay the difference between the upgrade prices or do I have to pay the outright cost of the sg3 minus weekday I paid for the evo?

Does that make sense? Lol

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

phantomevo77

Jun 11, 2010
So of I wanted to return my evo, which I don't, but if I did, I could and exchange it for say the sg3 and pay the difference between the upgrade prices or do I have to pay the outright cost of the sg3 minus weekday I paid for the evo?

Does that make sense? Lol

As long as you are within 30 days you will be able to exchange the phone. Pay the difference in upgrade pricing ( if there is a difference).

Saneless One

Mar 31, 2011
As long as you are within 30 days you will be able to exchange the phone. Pay the difference in upgrade pricing ( if there is a difference).

I think the question is, will returning my $200 after upgrade EVO LTE between 15-30 days allow me to exchange it for another phone that costs $200 after upgrade, or will I have to pay 550 for the S3 and my phone is only worth $200.

If it's the latter, that's not an exchange at all.

DroidRC1

May 25, 2009
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Just call best buy about the $50 gift card I didn't get and they email me a downloadable gift card! I just got it that is how you take care of a customer!

Wasney

Feb 11, 2009
Detroit, MI
I think the question is, will returning my $200 after upgrade EVO LTE between 15-30 days allow me to exchange it for another phone that costs $200 after upgrade, or will I have to pay 550 for the S3 and my phone is only worth $200.

If it's the latter, that's not an exchange at all.

It's the first. During the return period you qualify for upgrade price with exchanges.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

Reactions: Saneless One

ImaWinRAR

Sep 19, 2011
Chicago
how many returns are you allowed (is there one in the policy)?? I had to take back a couple lemons and when I got mine the BBY rep said this is the last evo they'll give me, but if I want to go with the s3 would I be able to? it would be my 3rd exchange and I probably wouldn't go to the same store

phantomevo77

Jun 11, 2010
So basically if BB has a Galaxy S3 on the 22 I can upgrade. Otherwise I get something like the Nexus or sell it later.. Hmm.

Correct. 30 day exchange period goes off what discount you got on the phone.. so you got a 2 yr upgrade price discount. Within 30 days you can exchange that phone for another phone at the 2 yr upgrade price discount. If that makes sense

tourbound129

Jun 15, 2010
Call the best buy store or customer service?

I called the best buy store today and the mobile rep got my name, number and receipt number and told me he needed to call to get the gift card. About 5 minutes later he called me back and told me I should have the gift card email within the next hour. About 5 minutes after I hung up I got an email notification from best buy mobile with my gift card. Purchased 2 evos with best buy and had great experience each time. They will be getting my business again in 18 months as I signed up for buy back on both phones.

Curb71

Sep 22, 2008
Los Angeles
The best buy I bought my phone at would not do the 50 gift card & price match. I finally went to another best buy today and they were happy to price match. They put $42 back on my credit card.

Also I read that phone freedom is back.

carnitas63

Sep 24, 2007
What if i used the phone freedom 50.00 discount does that mean i have to pay the difference for the phone or would it be an even exchange

Last edited:

MadFlava

Jul 5, 2008
I returned mine today. I cant deal with the terrible reception this phone has. Ive already been trapped once by Sprint with the E4GT and its not going to happen again. Ive got my OG Evo back in service and while its a great phone, it runs games and stuff like crap, Im sure due to it being so old.

I dont know what Im going to do. I had intended to go to Tmobile but it doesnt look like thats going to happen either so I guess Im going to wait on the SGS3 and see whats thats all about but I dont think there is any cure for Sprint's ****ty network. Even my OG Evo which used to perform flawlessly drops calls all over the place and has spotty data almost everywhere I go. It aint the phone, its Sprint although the E4G LTE has its own issues.. it doesnt help that its on a subpar network.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bestbuy sucks

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Please check your PMs.
    bbm_evo4glte.jpg
    Ugh, tapatalk crashed as I was responding to 2 posts. Anyway, whoever said about BBY having them or almost having them, its hard to say. There have been numerous phone launches in the past where BBY doesn't get the phones right away, like the GNex on Sprint, because Sprint wanted to do their launch first and then send the phones to BBY even though we did preorders for them.

If you call up to your stores, talk to the person that answers the phone, not the mobile people. The people that answer the phone are likely very detatched from what is going on and they're not gonna try to give you a hard time when you're asking about inventory levels. There are 3 different inventory levels we care about right now - on order, in transit, and inbound allocated. On order is how many we have requested. In transit is the quantity we will get within a few trucks (could be the truck after the next truck or it might be more than that). Inbound allocated is the inventory when the truck comes in. This quantity should only appear when the truck is on its way to the store. So if you call your local BBYs, ask if they have any in stock or if they show any in transit or inbound allocated.

Whoever said something about signage and delaying the launch because it can take a day or two to do that is wrong. Signage takes a few minutes for what they need to do with this launch. No additional employee trainings are needed for this launch.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    that regular price seems a bit steep. hopefully i can get the discount :)
    Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.
    This link will let you check your local BestBuy inventory.
    Not sure how often they update the online inventory though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode