[16Feb13 edit]How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' /'Official'

Search This thread

ginno

Nov 2, 2011
Davao
I try to mod SystemUi.apk with the transparent one, installed Root Xplorer and then Device status change to Modified.
But after wipe data sysscope and enterprise sysscope,and remove my sd card it went back to Normal
:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Are you using stock recovery?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

SadHeroXIII

Jun 6, 2012
Al Qatif
well, I just root my phone.. Nothing else !
I try to wipe cache and delete data for the files you have mentoid, but it doesn't work for me :(

any chance ??:confused:

Ge B

Mar 13, 2013
@sadhero have you tried removing the SD card and rebooting. Worked for me. See comments above.

Ge B

Mar 13, 2013
Another thing I did, go to SysScope e.g. in Titanium Backup and defrost it!!

I traced down the main issue on my phone was some app data which I had moved from /storage/sdcard/data to the external card. After deleting them, status went back to Normal.

SadHeroXIII

Jun 6, 2012
Al Qatif
Another thing I did, go to SysScope e.g. in Titanium Backup and defrost it!!

I traced down the main issue on my phone was some app data which I had moved from /storage/sdcard/data to the external card. After deleting them, status went back to Normal.

Also not work for me :(

warlycastro

Aug 4, 2013
Followed the instructions of dr. Ketan. Plus triangle away by chainfire.Worked!!!! Can update ota. Hehe. Warranty back.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1382155821942.jpg
    1382155821942.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:

warlycastro

Aug 4, 2013
Odin mode status. Yesh!!

Credits to dr. Ketan and triangle away by chainfire. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1382156035731.jpg
    1382156035731.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 761

warlycastro

Aug 4, 2013
well, I just root my phone.. Nothing else !
I try to wipe cache and delete data for the files you have mentoid, but it doesn't work for me :(

any chance ??:confused:

After you wipe those try to reboot from recovery then reboot normal then after that reboot to download mode. You must see. Official. ;p

Don't just reboot.

Read the first post by dr. Ketan :)

Hope it works.

Credits to the doctor.

SadHeroXIII

Jun 6, 2012
Al Qatif
After you wipe those try to reboot from recovery then reboot normal then after that reboot to download mode. You must see. Official. ;p

Don't just reboot.

Read the first post by dr. Ketan :)

Hope it works.

Credits to the doctor.

NOT WORK !!
AND I just surprised in the status indownload mode become custom !! It was official yesterday :( !!
IDK how that happened, I try eveything.....

I'm not sure if there is a sulotion :confused:

sherwuds

Oct 30, 2013
noob question

I just flashed my phone to stock rom and recovery, and I'm thinking if I restore my data backup will its still be in Normal mode?
If not what are the only "backup" i can restore? TIA

Bhupen Gaitonde

Nov 1, 2010
Pune-INDIA
Dr..

I checked in download mode it says binary 0 and everything else is official. I am on all stock... stock recovery working..

But in settings- my device.. about.. it is modified.. check pic..

I also tried settings. . app manager.. all.. and found only ent sysscope service file which has zero data.. cannot reset data..

I also tried removing the sd card.. but no result..

What else to do?? Factory reset is the final option??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384263825264.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384263825264.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 371
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384263842974.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384263842974.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

K1mer0

Oct 8, 2006
hello guys, at this moment i have a pré-rooted rom from dr...i have custom binary download: no, current binary samsung official and system status: custom, also devise status modified, since i unroot using option in super so...i already tried clear data from Enterprise Sysscope but this is freeze, and also from SysScope...i already made a wipe data, wipe casche, factory reset...all stay the same...if i flashed again the same rom, its all come to "normal" system status appears :normal and devise status also.

Any ideas what can i do, to remove super su and the status stays at normal...

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in setting - About device and 'official' in download mode

Here lot people asking about system setting is 'modified' (under setting - about device -status), here is a guide with which you can reset device status to 'Normal'.
    Note again you needs to be on stock kernel and stock recovery for this. This won't reset counter as well if your counter is non zero then it won't work.

Though i never bother for it, because it was known that wiping cache and data from recovery turns it to 'Normal'. so whenever we needs to send it to service center we can do it. In hard brick case you can't access recovery/download mode, but here there is no chance service center can detect your status. so in my point of view there is nothing to bother about device status much but flash counter should always to keep '0', if you are really worrying about warranty. b'coz in partial brick download mode still accessible and they can see your device flash counter, but you can't reset it (b'coz triangle away needs live device to reset counter)

Anyway for those who having concern about device status and still want to change it to 'Normal' here i have find a solution. I don't know till how long it will keep ' Normal' as samsung have some smart checker and can detect root access and again change it to 'Modified' But not to worry, i have mentioned procedure takes few seconds and you can re do anytime.

Still Not tested :
    Whether this change status in download mode or not that i couldn't check, b'coz mine status in download mode was already 'Official' Feedbacks are welcome

How to change status [Edit 16Feb13 : If you don't have titanium just read at end of this post]

1.Install and Open Titanium backup and look for 1.SysScope and 2.Enterprise sysscope service 4.1.2.** backup (NOTE : Some ROM only have file 1.sysscope, in that case ignore second)

attachment.php

2. click on backup of both files, and select 'Wipe data' for each file (Be careful and just do wipe data, nothing else)

attachment.php

-Reboot device

Now device status should be 'Normal'

[16Feb13] Edit :

I have again got chance to test system status under download mode
    It was System status : Custom
    status under setting - about device - Normal
    So i have tried wiping data for
    1.Enterprise sysscope service 4.1.2.** (this was found after new firmware DM2 only)
    2.Sysscope 1.1.14

then rebooted device to recovery
    reboot device
    Reboot to Download mode and surprisingly status in download mode is 'Official' as well under setting - about device - also 'Normal'

If you don't have titanium backup, try this
    setting - application manager- All - find both application 1.Enterprise Sysscope service and SysScope and clear data for both
    Reboot.
    I tried v2.2 still system status Custom with clean official rom and full wipe in dl mode :( Do you have a link to the version you used? I think 2.00 and up (changelog) should support the GT-N7100 :good: So if you still have a link to the 2.37 would be wonderfull :fingers-crossed:

Thx in advance
    Marl

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

I'm on N7100XXALIE_N7100PHNALI8_N7100XXALIE 4.1.1

PDA: LJ1 PHONE: LIH CSC:LJ1 (PHN)

Buildnr JRO0x.N7100XXALJ1

Regards
    Marl

Here you go

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55u861ahpj46ird/TriangleAway-v2.37.apk
    Thanks doctor.
    I want to make it clear.This needs stock recovery, right?
    yeah obviously it needs to be stock recovery.
    Not obviously for users who will ask again and again about...hehehe...

Just tried it in one other Note and working perfect...
    Good finding again mister...;)
    Ha ha that's correct
    will edit OP for newbie.
    Re: How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in setting (without factory re

What is your status in download mode?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium