Android 4.3 And Galaxy Gear Update Release Schedule

Search This thread

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
4.1.2 is not 1.5 yrs old.. its a yr old.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

so the upcoming update for the s3 will be for the LTE version only? i dont kno if my s3 is LTE.. how can i check?

It does say for the LTE version on that day for sure, but it will also be for the SGH-T999 simply because we already have a modem that only works for the SGH-T999 and the build.prop from the system dump doesn't reference the SGH-T999L.

I also replied to your post about how to check which model you own without any doubt.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I like this rom very much. I've been having problems getting WiFi to work on it though.

What Rom were you coming from? And have you flashed the MJ4 modem from the modem thread?
When you flashed the Rom, did you wipe anything or was it a dirty flash?

Little more info about the problems your having would help too. Is WiFi not working at all ? Any errors when you try to turn it on?

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I like this rom very much. I've been having problems getting WiFi to work on it though.

Actually, we don't want to hijack this thread for support. Can you post a thread in Q&A with the info I just asked about?
You can pm me if you like, but the more who see your problem, the better the chances are of it getting fixed.
Thanks

henslo

May 4, 2012
Hickory
Waiting for the LTE 4.3 update , been on Google searching for a leak or a mention of one with no luck.

Sent from my SGH-T999l

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Waiting for the LTE 4.3 update , been on Google searching for a leak or a mention of one with no luck.

Sent from my SGH-T999l

Yeah, it's really just a matter of luck.If someone gets a test build who's willing to leak it. If it were to happen, it would most likely be here, so I wouldn't bother searching too much.

Reactions: henslo

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
Saw this on Engadget this morning
http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/04/samsung-galaxy-siii-android-jelly-bean-update/

I need to install TWRP ASAP on my wife's rooted S3, to block her from inadvertently accepting the eventual update. I don't want stock 4.3 and Samsung's KNOX stuff on it.

By the way, 4.3 uses a slightly different file management folder directory. On my Nexus 4 and 7 that causes minor problems with Titanium Backup, ES File Explorer (an other file apps), and SuperUser. It's easy to get around, but still a nuance.

Last edited:

KoubaK

Aug 24, 2009
DMV
I guess the wait won't be much longer. I have decided to go back to stock completely, TW has grown on me.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I guess the wait won't be much longer. I have decided to go back to stock completely, TW has grown on me.

It will be soon, but it's not scheduled for 3 more weeks...almost.
But the international models were supposed to roll out in October, but didn't start till yesterday.

So just don't be surprised or upset if it's late for us as well.

Reactions: Jay Rock

Jay Rock

Sep 27, 2011
San Diego
It will be soon, but it's not scheduled for 3 more weeks...almost.
But the international models were supposed to roll out in October, but didn't start till yesterday.

So just don't be surprised or upset if it's late for us as well.

After experience I've never kept hopes up for on-point releases. I'm expecting maybe a mid-December roll-out for T-Mobile personally.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Doubt it'd be that long personally. Sprints was supposed to come out today, so however late theirs is I would assume to be an accurate gauge for ours as well.

tim_m

Jul 25, 2011
I know the 25th is the scheduled update for the T999L LTE version. I hope the update for the T999 isn't that far behind the LTE S3.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
I know the 25th is the scheduled update for the T999L LTE version. I hope the update for the T999 isn't that far behind the LTE S3.

We've already got it for the T999! It may not be official, but it seems solid enough that it could be! I'll be updating the leak to a newer build shortly btw. You should check it out if you haven't already.

Reactions: anil2653

Top Liked Posts