[Q] Free international roaming -- tethering?

Search This thread

bjquinn

Oct 15, 2007
I understand that T-Mobile's new free 2G international roaming doesn't like tethering. Does anyone know if they're restricting that by user agent? Has anyone actually tried tethering it out of the USA?

ykumar00

Jan 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+

bjquinn

Oct 15, 2007
Use FoxFi. It's an app made just for using wifi tethering without A tether plan.[/url]

READ the App description. There's a note for T-Mobile users.

Thank you. Looks like I have to use USB tether? Is there software required on my laptop as well?

Also, anyone have any idea whether FoxFi would work on the free international data roaming?

ykumar00

Jan 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Thank you. Looks like I have to use USB tether? Is there software required on my laptop as well?

Also, anyone have any idea whether FoxFi would work on the free international data roaming?

If you want to share your phone's internet as a WiFi hotspot, use FoxFi. If you want to use USB tethering, use Clockworkmod Tether. These are the best I think. And yeah, it should work, there's no harm in trying, they're both free apps.

bjquinn

Oct 15, 2007
Thanks!

The only harm is that if I get to Europe and it doesn't work, I'm sort of up a creek without a paddle if I can't tether. But the alternative is to rent a really expensive mifi device to have data over there, and I'm hoping not to have to do that.

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Thanks!

The only harm is that if I get to Europe and it doesn't work, I'm sort of up a creek without a paddle if I can't tether. But the alternative is to rent a really expensive mifi device to have data over there, and I'm hoping not to have to do that.

do a little test to see if your phone/laptop will tether.

bladebuddy

Dec 31, 2011
Buy a cheap sd card or order a free one as the nexus is unlocked you won't have to rent anything. Also tethering on 2g isn't worth the hassle anyway.

Phone : Nexus 4 /Rom : cataclysm / Kernel : Stock.

sonyjohn

Feb 2, 2014
free international raoming

i feels that XXSIM is the best roaming solution ever, providing free received calls in more than 160 countries. specially plans for business clients too, nomad people and private people who leave their countries at least once a year, for vacations, for work or for visiting the family. It's a SIM card that will replace your local SIM card when you are abroad.

XXSIM changes and data rates in:

Israel - EUR0.97 instead of EUR1.85
USA - EUR0.51 instead of EUR0.70

sonyjohn

Feb 2, 2014
xxsim

i feels that XXSIM is the best roaming solution ever, providing free received calls in more than 160 countries. specially plans for business clients too, nomad people and private people who leave their countries at least once a year, for vacations, for work or for visiting the family. It's a SIM card that will replace your local SIM card when you are abroad.

XXSIM changes and data rates in:

Israel - EUR0.97 instead of EUR1.85
USA - EUR0.51 instead of EUR0.70

Hello all,

It was taken a long term discussion and search for a best international sim,That which contains a list of added services satisfied for international travellers,Economy and reliable service profile.Amazingly i found a solutions xxsim have a perfect working plans for more than 140 country roaming supports for free international roaming,plus added services,hope the working situations satisfies your added needs,Try out something different every time