[MOD][PORT][KJ2][12/9; V1.1] lockscreen menu, autorotate fixed! - PDT

Search This thread

John_2k2

Aug 4, 2011
San Jose
Auto rotate seems to break after awhile using the AOSP and puzzle lockscreen, swithing to stock sk4g and then backs seems to fix the issue.

John_2k2

Aug 4, 2011
San Jose
Anybody notice that the option to remove the social status option for the notification area is gone?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

ayoteddy

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2009
Anybody notice that the option to remove the social status option for the notification area is gone?

If you've been using our work and even quoting for our OPs on to another site the least you could do is give credit where its due.

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
Not entirely sure why that happens, but i've seen it too. I know it breaks when you hit home to get out of camera instead of back, because the camera is still running in the background so it's orientation lock is still running. no idea why rotation randomly breaks, but yes, selecting another lock and then switching back will fix it.

Yes, the SNS option in Settings did disappear, I will add that back in in an update at some point.

Last edited:

neoissuperman

Oct 20, 2009
Phoenix
I enabled it in preference's? Am i missing somewhere else? Weird, after clearing cache and turning rotation of in 2 place's (preference's and settings) a couple times it is working fine.

Sent from something AMAZING!!!!

Last edited:

stellarvelocity

Oct 29, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Would it have been possible for you to make this mod without the glorious overdose framework? I was shooting for asop look and feel but I can't use your framework changes because it has glorious overdose watermarked one the notifications pane and the blue highlights everywhere.

I would it appreciate it. Thanks for the work though.

-x]Trunks[x-

Jun 28, 2011
Would it have been possible for you to make this mod without the glorious overdose framework? I was shooting for asop look and feel but I can't use your framework changes because it has glorious overdose watermarked one the notifications pane and the blue highlights everywhere.

I would it appreciate it. Thanks for the work though.

Extract the framework-res.apk & settings.apk and navigate to:

/res/drawable
/res/drawable-hdpi
/res/drawable-land-hdpi

and change the .png and/or .jpg/.jpeg files as you'd wish :D

You can easily modifiy and/or replace the images (the lockscreen images) once you do so.

Once you finish just use winrar/7zip or your archive manager to zip the apk and rename the extension .apk instead of .zip.

Cheers

ishred11

May 27, 2011
Extract the framework-res.apk & settings.apk and navigate to:

/res/drawable
/res/drawable-hdpi
/res/drawable-land-hdpi

and change the .png and/or .jpg/.jpeg files as you'd wish :D

You can easily modifiy and/or replace the images (the lockscreen images) once you do so.

Once you finish just use winrar/7zip or your archive manager to zip the apk and rename the extension .apk instead of .zip.

Cheers

Don't you have to resign the .apk?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

-x]Trunks[x-

Jun 28, 2011
Don't you have to resign the .apk?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

No because you were only replacing images. If you were to remove/add new images then yes it is recommended but generally you do not really even need to sign apk files. Especially if you're just working with the image files, it is just generally recommended to prevent any problems that MAY occur due to not signing the file.

Dr.Gonz0

May 21, 2007
Was curious... this is only for the Puzzle lock and the AOSP lock correct? Those are the only two that show up in the options...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a partial port of the 9 lock mod by Whitehawkx/sbrissen32, I take no credit for creating this, this is not original work Kang Kang Kang

This is something of an update to a previous endeavor, but also different and new enough to not be an update of the same post. As most of you know, I had previously partially ported the AOSP and Puzzle lockscreens, but had given up part way through. Previously it was a single lockscreen, and you had to flash to get a different lockscreen, it was obnoxious and dumb.

I didn't want to work on my final papers for my classes, so you all benefit!

This mod is for KJ2 only, I have not tested it with KG2 or KD1, but am fairly certain that it would not work, as this changes a significant amount of the framework.

This involves modding framework-res.apk, also known as the theme apk, so this uses the theming from Glorious Overdose.

To pick your lockscreen, go into Settings, Display, and there's a lockscreen option at the very bottom of that menu.

Credits:
    Whitehawkx: (original thread) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1077998

if anyone wants to take screenshots of it, be my guest, but it looks just like all the other AOSP and puzzle lockscreens. (I'm lazy).

DONT FORGET TO CHECK MOUNTS, MAKE A BACKUP, I'm not responsible if anything happens to your phone.

I tested the flashable zip on Glorious Overdose v2, checked mounts before and after flashing to make sure that system and data were both mounted (displayed "unmount /system" and "unmount /data").

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?2trhq846qtpctjr

Changelog:
    v1.1: fixed fcs in settings (wifi and bluetooth)
    Good catch, didn't test that, I'll fix that and reupload.

The ironic part of the fix for auto-rotate is that it wasn't actually even a mod of the lockscreen. I ended up trying the menu option, and in doing so it loads the sidekick lockscreen parts before the new lock, rather than just jumping straight to the lock.