[Q] How do I use no frill CPU?

Search This thread

TwilightLoz

Dec 25, 2011
I want to overclock my phone. I have doom kernel v14 installed. I installed no frill CPU on my phone. The min frequency I seleted was at 300 MHz (approx) and the max was 1.4 GHz (approx). Does this mean that the phone will automatically go between these values if I run a heavy app (eg GTA 3)? And what does the 'governor' and 'i/o schedular' mean and what does it do? My current settings are :
sio - I/o schedular
Performance - govenor

Play!Ya

Nov 29, 2011
Toronto
I'm also on Doomkernel v14 and my battery is draining so quicky. Its dropping 5% every 10minutes even when I'm using any light application. I have SetCPU and my sttings are Max 1401MHz and Min 134MHz with smartassV2 and deadline. Although speed is amazing but battery performance is terrible.

abstractbeats

Jan 22, 2012
London
I want to overclock my phone. I have doom kernel v14 installed. I installed no frill CPU on my phone. The min frequency I seleted was at 300 MHz (approx) and the max was 1.4 GHz (approx). Does this mean that the phone will automatically go between these values if I run a heavy app (eg GTA 3)? And what does the 'governor' and 'i/o schedular' mean and what does it do? My current settings are :
sio - I/o schedular
Performance - govenor
Performance governor is a "special" one in that it goes to the max. clock speed, and never uses the min., or any frequency in between. You can do that if you want to do benchmarking reliably, but I'm not sure it's good for battery life.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663809

^ That page explains all the governors, but from what I can tell from using Cool Tool onscreen system info app, "lagfree" on Doomkernel seems to be a higher performance governor like you'd expect from the name and not how he or she describes: it seems to scale down only quite slowly from a high clock, I'm guessing to eliminate any possible lag while scrolling the interface that might result if it scaled down quicker. And we don't have anything relating to multiple cores :)

Anyway, I think I saw you say you were on JokaWild as well. Looking at the Joka init.d scripts the SmartAssV2 parameters are tweaked towards performance and it comes as the default for the rom, so maybe try that as a more balanced option than Performance governor.

Another CPU governor and I/O scheduler mega-thread

I'm also on Doomkernel v14 and my battery is draining so quicky. Its dropping 5% every 10minutes even when I'm using any light application. I have SetCPU and my sttings are Max 1401MHz and Min 134MHz with smartassV2 and deadline. Although speed is amazing but battery performance is terrible.
I wondered as well if v14 was not as good as v13 3013 for battery life, but better for performance, but 5% in 10 minutes is a lot. Have you tried using the BetterBatteryStats app to find an explanation? Has it got better just through subsequent use / recharging?

Last edited:

mikexd1

Apr 15, 2012
San Salvador
Battery life really sucks on jokawild (actually in all CustomRoms).

I have mine like this (r800a):
-smartassv2/sio or bfq
-.62 stock rom with a couple of build.prop mods
-64 baseband
-juice defender
-brightness around 25%
-supercharger v6

My phone has been for like 4hr and still with 100% :cool:

GetPatriotized

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Battery life really sucks on jokawild (actually in all CustomRoms).

I have mine like this (r800a):
-smartassv2/sio or bfq
-.62 stock rom with a couple of build.prop mods
-64 baseband
-juice defender
-brightness around 25%
-supercharger v6

My phone has been for like 4hr and still with 100% :cool:

Was it charging? o_O That's impossible. I left my phone idle,lowest brightness and wifi off for about 30 minutes and it dropped to 96%.

I have deep sleep enabled,juice defender,

Top Liked Posts