[AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2 [06/28]

Search This thread

usmcxdroid

Jan 2, 2013
Any fix for Netflix on DarkPA for the D801 version? Thanks.

Sent from my LG G2 using xda app-developers app

slayer3032

May 23, 2013
Finally made the jump on my D801, everything works flawlessly as far as I can tell. Never used a PA rom before as my HTC G2 didn't have a PA build, really happy with how this runs. I can also finally use a notification manager like Light Flow since it completely didn't work on the stock rom and the stock rom's notification options and handling of them were absolutely terrible in every way possible.

I'm having one issue though, is it possible to customize the lockscreen widget pages? I've never liked having lockscreen pages and I seem to be having some odd dpi issues with it or something. Any ideas on what causes this?

Screenshot_2013-11-02-15-28-42.png

HelloDominick

Mar 26, 2012
NYC Boston
Finally made the jump on my D801, everything works flawlessly as far as I can tell. Never used a PA rom before as my HTC G2 didn't have a PA build, really happy with how this runs. I can also finally use a notification manager like Light Flow since it completely didn't work on the stock rom and the stock rom's notification options and handling of them were absolutely terrible in every way possible.

I'm having one issue though, is it possible to customize the lockscreen widget pages? I've never liked having lockscreen pages and I seem to be having some odd dpi issues with it or something. Any ideas on what causes this?

go to settings and uncheck everything off the lockscreen section.. I dont believe if u can remove the camera, and carousel widget though.. But i've been using lockscreen widget as an replacement

slayer3032

May 23, 2013
I don't have anything checked under lockscreen, I switched the widget to dashclock and it's aligned correctly now. I also removed and replaced the stock clock widget and that seems to have fixed it too. Wish I could remove the other widget pages though, oh well.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

i dont see whats wrong ?

you can add and remove lockscreen widgets as you like.

I don't like the other pages, I used to remove them on my last phone so they don't do the silly "popup" animation when I open the lock screen. You can't add and remove the "Add a widget page" and the camera page as I like.

darkobas

Jan 11, 2011
plus.google.com
Stock is not on center.

Guess you can't have everything like on your last phone heh.

Those features u want are available in other Roms. Like pac man rom or aokp. Or maybe some1 can make a Ics rom for u that didn't have the silly lock screen ?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Steve5400

Aug 25, 2012
Does setting the nav to 0 automatically activate PIE?

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

slayer3032

May 23, 2013
Stock is not on center.

Guess you can't have everything like on your last phone heh.

Those features u want are available in other Roms. Like pac man rom or aokp. Or maybe some1 can make a Ics rom for u that didn't have the silly lock screen ?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

The clock isn't supposed to be centered like this after I re-added the widget?
2013-11-03%2002.23.41.png

Yeah, figure such. I was just asking if it was possible to remove the widget pages as there's a selection menu through the lockscreen. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.

HelloDominick

Mar 26, 2012
NYC Boston
i transferred to this rom because i was having issues with the dialer not working and force closing all the time on the regular PA with woover kernel... I rooted DarkPA and dialer works for 3 days now just today it started force closing again.. I flashed "Banks" Core PAGapps.. Any ideas?

bjc112

Nov 19, 2012
i transferred to this rom because i was having issues with the dialer not working and force closing all the time on the regular PA with woover kernel... I rooted DarkPA and dialer works for 3 days now just today it started force closing again.. I flashed "Banks" Core PAGapps.. Any ideas?

It was recommended to stick with the stock kernel in the OP.. Try that instead of woot kernel

D801 via carbon

HelloDominick

Mar 26, 2012
NYC Boston
It was recommended to stick with the stock kernel in the OP.. Try that instead of woot kernel

D801 via carbon

yeah i know I am on the stock kernel.. I was saying I was on Woot Kernel previously with the regular PA Rom which gave me the issue then i transferred to Houston DarkPa Rom with Stock Kernel. lately everything been laggy as well, opening apps, exiting apps. etc and now the dialer isnt working which is a huge thing.

MarkMyShark

Apr 1, 2011
Just wanted to say I am loving Carbon Rom with the the dark kit kat theme I downloaded from the play store. And some of the 4.4 apps!

Sent from my LG-G2 D-800 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bjc112

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PA+4.4+HALO+-+ABDW.png

AOSPA 4.4+ PARANOIDANDROID
    Kitkat 4.4.4 KTU84P android-4.4.4_r1
    D800 / D801 / D802 / D803 / VS980 / LS980

Download ROMS from DOWNLOADS

make sure you are on the latest TWRP (there are issues with CWM - u may try unofficial CWM)

DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL LG KK MODEM FOR YOUR VARIANT & FLASH AFTER rom/gapps

1. DOWNLOAD YOUR ROM

2. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PA 4.4.4 GAPPS PACKAGE - always check/use up to date Gapps unless otherwise noted

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15797 - - RECOMMEND mini modular PA Gapps latest
    http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

damage screen thread - visit here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769770

Wipe Fresh Clean Install (you all know the procedure)

3. COMPLETE CLEAN WIPE - *includes system*

4. FLASH ROM & GAPPS

5. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK

6. RUN INITIAL SETUP & REBOOT

U MUST BE ON OFFICIAL LG KK MODEM TO BOOT

Let boot take as much time as needed. This will help avoid boot issues.

*not responsible for any damages..*

ParanoidAndroid Website
    PLEASE GO HERE FOR Q&A and let's keep this thread for development thanks..​

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Personal Thanks:
    IOMonster
    Shelnutt2
    Jank4AU
    slick_rick
    Ayysir
    xboxfanj
    autoprime
    Wootever
    rchp
    zachf714
    Dees_Troy

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

Please watch the 2 videos provided below before posting in this thread. thanks

New builds are building . 4.4 beta1 . you guys will be the first non nexus device with pa using 4.4 beta1 unless released unofficially by a non pa member. You need to completely do a clean flash. Last night merges were over 300 files with about 20000 lines of code , so it took me a few hours.

Also the bakedin kernel is my custom kernel with no changes in display or gpu . I've rebased it until we know exactly what the issues are. What I don't understand is why are other ROMs getting them 2 if they are on DR's kernel source. (If they are) .

I've looked at lg's complete stock comparing the variants panel dtsi files and although some are same some are different. I'll investigate more.

I truely believe that a huge main issue is that we are still using 4.2 bootloader since its the only way we can use Loki and have custom recovery . bootloaders and our bootstack plays a huge roll in all updates. Also KitKat changes to bootstack has every bit to do with display panel related stuff. That's also why we can't boot the new kernel on the 4.2 bootstack without adding the codes that jackpotcalvvin discovered to boot the new kernel. If u look at hammerhead it even comes with newer bootstack or some of it when 4.4.3 and that's only a jump from 4.4.2 .

There are a lot of play when a kernel dev does a kernel. Everything needs to align up properly. Like if a kernel dev builds off caf based and the ROM doesn't build with caf base it mostly isn't 100% compatible. Also even updating GPU drivers need the depending repos built along with proper blobs supporting them. Just like using older camera drivers in kernel requires older binary blobs.

By anyways enjoy new release and I'll look more into this.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
    I'm here, I'm back :) just catching up on some things. Haven't touched a PC in 4 months feels all new lol... I'll do a proper post to come