FM Radio Help.

Search This thread

loker

Sep 8, 2007
Yeah, neither am I. Must be hardware, or EFS (only thing not wiped fresh). I don't think there is anything in EFS that would bork FM though. . .must be hardware. Guess I will have to get Sprint to replace it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

loker

Sep 8, 2007
Weirdest thing, stock and any other rom/kernel combo gave me non-functional FM. I gave up blamed it on hardware...but a few days after installing freezas latest fre3 release, I tried the radio on a whim. The thing fired right up.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rosystreasures

Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
rosycreates.etsy.com
The first thing you need to do is flash the file listed below to return to stock volume.
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23156208500212156
Info on this is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470890

Flash file from recovery. Then use a browser with root (I use root browser) and navigate to your \system\csc folder and delete or rename. Replace with the csc in this zip (this is the csc from stock image). https://mega.co.nz/#!D8YEia7I!eHjNNgn5PXlWVgLzrAl2vmcqpjWVLTn1I8e-7vzKpCA

After you replace the csc folder make sure that permissions are correct on all files and folders under the csc folder. If permissions are not correct this will not work.

All folders must have rwxr-xr-x (0755) and all files must have rw-r-r-- (0644).

So far this method has worked to enable the FM radio for me on K3, SACS, and Xnote roms. Should work on any rom that has the volume mod baked in that causes FM to stop working. If you want increased volume I recommend Viper4Android instead of the volume mods.

I am unable to get root explorer, or any other explorer, to copy/paste a folder. Please let me know how.

Thx!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I am unable to get root explorer, or any other explorer, to copy/paste a folder. Please let me know how.

Thx!

I figured it out, but when I tell it to Move to: and choose the path to move it to, it tells me it failed.

Using es file explorer.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Thx!

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I figured it out, but when I tell it to Move to: and choose the path to move it to, it tells me it failed.

Using es file explorer.

had to set the permission for /system

now I am having trouble getting the permissions to be as stated......

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Thx!

Using es file explorer.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

had to set the permission for /system

now I am having trouble getting the permissions to be as stated......

I seem to have (0770) of root browser. AND now I have NO sound. NM, it plays!! so does pandora, but my boot up screen didnt "sing" to me..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone been able to get the FM radio to work on anything other than the stock setup? I have flashed K3, Sacs, and Xnote and have not been able to figure out how to get use of the FM radio back. I restored my nandroid backup to stock and the FM works again. Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P
    I haven't flashed every rom you mentioned, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but it's probably due to a mod in those custom roms, to increase sound volume. The increased volume hack, breaks the FM radio.

Sent from my SM-N900P

There ya go, another validation. That mod isn't worth it if you're using the FM antenna.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Sent from my SM-N900P

So I am guessing that we need someone to mod the FM radio apps to work with the volume mod.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Next radio

You have to use the NextRadio app. I think it is the Sprint Featured folder on Stock. Also have to have the headphones plugged in.
    Can we use any other fm radio station like spirit fm on this phone?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk