[Q] Razr HD Won´t Stay After Changing Bootanimation Please Help

Search This thread

rbernabe83

Jan 31, 2011
Tijuana, BC
Hi Sorry if this does not belong in this tread.

I have a Droid HD XT926 i´ve Changed the bootanimation from the original to the one from the moto x but know it just run the bootanimation but it doesn´t go on. Please Help Me I´m Desperate

i have tried everything i can think of.

Sorry for my poor English

Regards,Rich.

killrhythm09

May 3, 2011
California
Had this same problem months ago when I tried to flash that boot animation. I still don't know why it happens.

Can you get into recovery or anything?

CoinCoin88

Sep 15, 2011
Paris
OnePlus 8 Pro
Happened to mee too (see this post & thread in general: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2393012&page=4). The bootanimation you flashed is just too big for the phone to handle and it eventually freezes. Your best luck is to have a recovery with a file manager installed to delete bootanimation.zip and restore your original one.

I think there is another location you can place the bootanimation.zip i.e. another location that is read on boot to display the boot animation. IIRC it's /data/local (default and most commonly used is /system/media). Maybe you can push a file quickly there using adb and hope it will be used for boot, therefore bypassing the faulty one.

rbernabe83

Jan 31, 2011
Tijuana, BC
Happened to mee too (see this post & thread in general: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2393012&page=4). The bootanimation you flashed is just too big for the phone to handle and it eventually freezes. Your best luck is to have a recovery with a file manager installed to delete bootanimation.zip and restore your original one.

I think there is another location you can place the bootanimation.zip i.e. another location that is read on boot to display the boot animation. IIRC it's /data/local (default and most commonly used is /system/media). Maybe you can push a file quickly there using adb and hope it will be used for boot, therefore bypassing the faulty one.

thanks for your answer, by any change does anyone have the original bootanimation but flashable?

Last edited:

CoinCoin88

Sep 15, 2011
Paris
OnePlus 8 Pro
Don't ave a flashable zip, if that's what you meant (and I actually have no clue how to create one, or whether it's even possible).
IIRC I had the same idea back when this happened to me, and I was told here (again, it's what I remember, but I could be wrong) that flashign a single file from recovery was not possible.

The only thing that could have eventually led to sth correct was that adb was available for a very short time when booting the phone in "AP Fastboot mode". I was able to adb inside but could not achieve a su prompt.

Don't wanna take your hopes down, but i ended up reflashing to stock rom... Sorry I can't be of any more help. But you should really dig in that thread I mentioned yesterday, maybe there are some more answers than at the time I posted there.

rbernabe83

Jan 31, 2011
Tijuana, BC
Don't ave a flashable zip, if that's what you meant (and I actually have no clue how to create one, or whether it's even possible).
IIRC I had the same idea back when this happened to me, and I was told here (again, it's what I remember, but I could be wrong) that flashign a single file from recovery was not possible.

The only thing that could have eventually led to sth correct was that adb was available for a very short time when booting the phone in "AP Fastboot mode". I was able to adb inside but could not achieve a su prompt.

Don't wanna take your hopes down, but i ended up reflashing to stock rom... Sorry I can't be of any more help. But you should really dig in that thread I mentioned yesterday, maybe there are some more answers than at the time I posted there.

I flashed the stock firmware with Droid HD Utility but stiil tries to boot and nothing... The problem Started when i changed the bootanimation from stock to Moto X´s.

Does somebody have a probable fix? Thanks in Advance... :(

I flashed the stock firmware with Droid HD Utility but stiil tries to boot and nothing... The problem Started when i changed the bootanimation from stock to Moto X´s.

I dont feel like looking but IIRC the HD Utility doesnt flash the bootlogo. you will need to do it by hand while in fastboot mode.....

fastboot flash logo whatever_the_new_filename_is

Last edited:
Reactions: CoinCoin88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I dont feel like looking but IIRC the HD Utility doesnt flash the bootlogo. you will need to do it by hand while in fastboot mode.....

fastboot flash logo whatever_the_new_filename_is