[Q] Replace USB flex cable, different revisions=problem?

Search This thread

mks1001

Oct 9, 2010
Hey, I'm looking at replacing my USB flex cable (consisting of buttons, microphone, micro usb port, antenna connector) due to it being defective. However, I used to have a i9100, where replacing this part was very difficult as the reception would suffer if you didn't get the right revision of the board. Some had to resort to cutting (!) the board, and sort of create Frankenstein's board, that actually worked...

Do any of you know if this is the case with i9295? I'm looking for a replacement on ebay, and there are many different revisions and versions out there.

• some vendors sell their boards as compatible with both i537 and i9295, while others say their part is only compatible with one of the two
  • there seem to be two different designs for button layout, as seen in one of the attached pictures. My menu key is way lower than the other two, while the other design available has them in line. Is this a less important difference than it seems? I would think that the buttons wouldn't function properly, if I had to guess based on the images. Some boards sold as i9295-compatible has that design...

As seen in the pictures, my board is rev12a 0510.

Would I need a specific revision, or are the i9295/i537 boards all compatible with each other?

(I've tried asking most every vendor on ebay, but most don't know/understand what I'm asking)

Mks1001

Edit: I've tried contacting Samsung tech support and other repair facilities, but none of them could give me any information. None of them actually repaired the phone. If no external damage was found they would simply replace the device.

Last edited: