Fix WP7 HD2 Battery Indicator Level

Search This thread

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
Guys i have found a way to fix battery indicator to show the battery level as it should be...
1) First of all charge your phone
2) After that go to registry editor on your phone and go to
Code:
[B]Local machine/system/state/batteryux/MainIntervalIndex[/B]
and change the value from 6 (or any value it shows there) to 20...now press OK! You wil see that the battery level on top has been changed!
Now again edit it and go from 20 to 80 and press OK
RESTART YOUR PHONE AND THEN CHARGE IT!
Now you will see that the battery level has changed and shows the battery level like it should be...
Until now it seems like its working... Will leave it unti later to see if the battery will continue to show the correct level...
Try it and tell me your thoughts!
You can find the registry editor attached.

DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK..MESSING WITH REGISTRY IS DANGEROUS! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE!

Find more registry tweaks here:
Code:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907971"]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907971[/URL]

Attachments

• RegistryEditor-1.4.zip
    233.8 KB · Views: 9,130
Last edited:

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
Guys i have found a way to fix battery indicator to show the battery level as it should be...
Local machine/system/state/batteryux/indicator and change the value from 6 to 10...

Sorry, but i don't have the indicator value and i can't change it.
I only have Local Machine/System/State/BatteryUX/MainIntervalIndex :(

Last edited:
Reactions: mtippet

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
Sorry, but i don't have the indicator value and i can't change it.
I only have Local Machine/System/State/BatteryUX/MainIntervalIndex :(

My mistake mate! Yeap this is the correct path! Change it from 6 (or any value that shows there) to 20 and from 20 to 80 and it should work like it supposed to be! :cool:

Something that i noticed is that the value is Dynamic (means that the value changes by it's self) You just make the trick and it should work!

Last edited:
Reactions: ashkan62

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
It's been 1 hour now and it seems that the battery indicator shows the correct level! So i must say that this tweak works!

Too give you an idea of what this tweak is about! Some guys here says that the Radio plays a Big Role in battery life... Imo this have nothing to do with the battery drainage of your phone... Your Battery indicator shows false levels of the battery! E.x you charge your phone for 1 hour and battery is about 60% when you unplug it! WP7 doesn't know the correct battery level because of a false value in registry!
This "BETA" tweak will fix this problem..

Reactions: golfakias87

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
It doesn't work for me :(

Can u post a screenshot to see how it looks like?

Ok here is the thing:
1)charge your phone until the green light shows up
2)unplug it from A/C and open registry editor
3)go to the reg path
4)edit the value from 6 to 20...press ok..Now you will see the battery indicator level has been changed! Again go and edit the value and from 20 go to 80..press ok! Restart and enjoy!

To see that this is working.. go and edit the value and put number 4 or 2! The indicator will show you that you have 40%-50%..
So if you edit it again and follow the instructions you will see that the battery level will now show 80%-90% which is correct because you charged your phone before!

I can't see any " virtual battery drainage" anymore because the indicator now shows the correct batt level! :rolleyes::D

Tell me your results!

LuckTR

Apr 20, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Original Value keeps coming back...

I am puzzled...my phone's led turns green, next I unplug it, open reg editor, my value is @ 11. Next I change it to 20, confirm OK (no change on batt indicator btw), then change it to 80 and restart. Cell boots up with full batt indicator. I plug it in, it's charging for couple mins, and again hits green light. When I view the registry key, value is back on 11 :confused:.
Any suggestion or correction regarding my description would be appreciated;)

arkatis

Dec 24, 2008
Cyprus-Nicosia
I am puzzled...my phone's led turns green, next I unplug it, open reg editor, my value is @ 11. Next I change it to 20, confirm OK (no change on batt indicator btw), then change it to 80 and restart. Cell boots up with full batt indicator. I plug it in, it's charging for couple mins, and again hits green light. When I view the registry key, value is back on 11 :confused:.

Good Question mate! As i said the value is dynamic and it can change to anything!
This is weird though cause when i made the tweak and checked back in registry my value were 6 again! But....no battery drainage after that! I don't know why but still my phone's juice is above the middle! (which is logical because i fully charged my HD2) So make the tweak, test it a couple of hours,check if the battery "drainage" it's logical and report here! :cool:

I Confirm that this is working real nicely!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Joppe93 and LuckTR

LuckTR

Apr 20, 2010
Yuma, AZ
Arkatis, pal, you're absolutely right. The value always comes back down to whatever it was originally (11 in my case), but my battery life went simply through the roof. I went running while listening to the music, made couple phone calls via BT handsfree, checked marketplace (via cell data) and sent some messages...still sitting almost on full:eek:. My batt would be at least 1/4th down before I performed the reg tweak that you've suggested. Dunno what you did, but I like it :D. Btw, did you notice that there's another key @ HKLM\System\State\Battery with numeric variable called VALUE DATA? Let us know if you dare to tinker with that one ;). Thanks lot for your outstanding tip, pal!

Reactions: arkatis

bwprado

Aug 25, 2010
What if your battery is almost at the end and you still thinks it is almost full? You've changed something visual maybe? Think about it.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

jenzy1985

Sep 12, 2008
Siegburg
in the Registry Editior come this

Acess to the registry key ``HKEY_Local_Maschine\System`` is restricted.

is this normal? I use Registry Editor version 1.0.1.0 beta of Touchxperience

TheOnly1

Dec 25, 2006
Sofia
Simply get ver1.4 of the Reg Editor :) Schaps always adds new features to it and access to more keys :D

I'm trying out the tweak right now. So far I got the result of LuckTR (11 in registry, device reboots with full indicator , but charges). Will report back later how battery life is.

Last edited:
Reactions: jenzy1985

jenzy1985

Sep 12, 2008
Siegburg
Simply get ver1.4 of the Reg Editor :) Schaps always adds new features to it and access to more keys :D

I'm trying out the tweak right now. So far I got the result of LuckTR (11 in registry, device reboots with full indicator , but charges). Will report back later how battery life is.

can you please me the download link, Thanks

EDIT: i have found the right version

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [B]Local machine/system/state/batteryux/MainIntervalIndex[/B]
    and change the value from 6 (or any value it shows there) to 20...now press OK! You wil see that the battery level on top has been changed!
    Now again edit it and go from 20 to 80 and press OK
    RESTART YOUR PHONE AND THEN CHARGE IT!
    Now you will see that the battery level has changed and shows the battery level like it should be...
    Until now it seems like its working... Will leave it unti later to see if the battery will continue to show the correct level...
    Try it and tell me your thoughts!
    You can find the registry editor attached.

DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK..MESSING WITH REGISTRY IS DANGEROUS! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE!

Find more registry tweaks here:
    Code:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907971"]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=907971[/URL]
    Confirm me this is working.
    and i post it in WP7 registry thread.
    Thanks

i've just apply it i don't know yet if this work.

Good Question mate! As i said the value is dynamic and it can change to anything!
    This is weird though cause when i made the tweak and checked back in registry my value were 6 again! But....no battery drainage after that! I don't know why but still my phone's juice is above the middle! (which is logical because i fully charged my HD2) So make the tweak, test it a couple of hours,check if the battery "drainage" it's logical and report here! :cool:

I Confirm that this is working real nicely!:D
    Ok after some tests it seems like the value changed by its self... From 10 to 5 and level shows less than the middle.. I tried to change it to 80.. Will test more until i find the correct one
    It doesn't work for me :(

Can u post a screenshot to see how it looks like?

Ok here is the thing:
    1)charge your phone until the green light shows up
    2)unplug it from A/C and open registry editor
    3)go to the reg path
    4)edit the value from 6 to 20...press ok..Now you will see the battery indicator level has been changed! Again go and edit the value and from 20 go to 80..press ok! Restart and enjoy!

To see that this is working.. go and edit the value and put number 4 or 2! The indicator will show you that you have 40%-50%..
    So if you edit it again and follow the instructions you will see that the battery level will now show 80%-90% which is correct because you charged your phone before!

I can't see any " virtual battery drainage" anymore because the indicator now shows the correct batt level! :rolleyes::D

Tell me your results!