[Q] Can you turn off the boot sound?

Search This thread

ag3mo

Jan 15, 2012
Anyone know if it's possible to get rid of the T-Mobile sound on boot? I'm rooted with a custom recovery but unable to get s-off if that helps anything.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

T

tony_5309

geda8ege.jpg

Just name both files .bak at the end or just delete the 2 all together with your favorite root explorer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

theminigame

Feb 14, 2011
Albuquerque
Should we delete the whole animation, or just the two jingle files at the top of the list?

I'm thinking Just the jingle files. Deleting the whole animation would probably leave you with the classic, metallic "android" boot animation, as the T-Mobile part was probably just packed in to the original animation...
For safety reasons, I would do the "bak" thing, that way you still have easy access to those files if something goes wrong.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ag3mo

Jan 15, 2012
Thanks for this. For some reason when I tried renaming the files with root explorer it looked like it worked but after reopening the app the files had reverted back to their original filenames. No idea what's going on with that. I ended up going into TWRP and renaming there which worked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
Thanks for this. For some reason when I tried renaming the files with root explorer it looked like it worked but after reopening the app the files had reverted back to their original filenames. No idea what's going on with that. I ended up going into TWRP and renaming there which worked.
Since you are s-on, you can't make directly make system changes while booted to OS. All changes will be reverted because you actually are not writing to system, it only appears that way. HTCs kernel provides system rw protection which prevents modification to system partition. You have three options, flash a custom kernel, use flar2s system rw mod, or reboot to twrp recovery and make changes using its built in file manager (changes made while in recovery will stick).

Reactions: Nathan2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since you are s-on, you can't make directly make system changes while booted to OS. All changes will be reverted because you actually are not writing to system, it only appears that way. HTCs kernel provides system rw protection which prevents modification to system partition. You have three options, flash a custom kernel, use flar2s system rw mod, or reboot to twrp recovery and make changes using its built in file manager (changes made while in recovery will stick).