Android screen white balance App.

Search This thread

marcovittori

Mar 9, 2011
rome
I made a screen white balance adjuster for android screens (with a few other adjustments, e.g. tint and brightness)...

Some phones are lucky enough to already have these, like the Xperia seriese, but they you have my Moto X that has a yellow tint for some reason!

If you want to give it a go, it's here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.quickdoc.screenbalance

Moto x has an amoled display,that's why the white isn't so ... white xD

mcg33

Feb 5, 2015
I also have a Moto X and looking for a way to get rid of the yellowish tint. I tried the app but I can't find a way to make the colors colder or change the white balance. All I can do is set a tint/filter and change the strength of it. Changing color modes between tind and white balance seems to do nothing. (Version 4.0)

Is it even possible to change the yellow tint with the free version? I will not buy the paid version unless I am sure that it can do more and it's what I really need.

Also, what are the downsides and the effect on pixel longevity, battery and performance? I tried chainfire's cf.lumen (which requires root) and it has the nasty habit of applying its filters twice when switching between portrait and landscape. I guess your app does also just overlay a transparent, tinted image over the whole screen?

I really don't want to get used to a new calibration and then find out that I have to switch back to the old one because of a drawback.

tornido067

Dec 6, 2013
damascus
my N6 has yellow tint too...but only on the bottom part...how can i adjust only the bottom part ?is there any possible way to do it ?if i adjust my whole screen with your app there will be a difference between top and bottom ..i have this stupid yellow tint on white and grey background..on grey it is soooooooooooo bad :(

Top Liked Posts