All sensors not working! - FIX - Nexus 5

Search This thread

paperWastage

Mar 18, 2009
NJ
So what is this thread for then

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

if you look at the android section, there is a HTC sense6 ROM port

the first version of that ROM port broke the sensors on the nexus 5. this thread is to point out how to fix it (useful if someone else broke their sensors in a different way as well)

the current port doesn't break it anymore (AFAIK)

cile381

Feb 6, 2008
www.smartbee.rs
The sense port is not the only way to break the sensors .... If you look on the internet there are many others who have not heard about of this port and have broken sensors...

cile381

Feb 6, 2008
www.smartbee.rs
if you look at the android section, there is a HTC sense6 ROM port

the first version of that ROM port broke the sensors on the nexus 5. this thread is to point out how to fix it (useful if someone else broke their sensors in a different way as well)

the current port doesn't break it anymore (AFAIK)

The sense port is not the only way to break the sensors .... If you look on the internet there are many others who have not heard about of this port and have broken sensors...

sewer56lol

It's true, that occurred to me when Porting the Xperia Stock ROM, before the Sense Port even existed.
After a while of testing (and actually getting to the boot animation) I have rebooted at one point into another ROM via multiROM/Multibooting and noticed that my rotation didn't work and then all the sensors.

Back then I searched the web trying to look for a solution or answer but couldn't find anything on it so I returned it via Warranty assuming it was a hardware fault (got it two weeks after).

During these 2 weeks the Sense port was first released and the fix for sensors came just before I got the device back. (Interestingly enough at LG factory they replaced my main PCB of the phone)

I also heard reports of people losing their sensors even after a stock OTA update somehow but can't confirm legitimate.

However don't ask for the ROM, during the two weeks I didn't have the Device I've had scrapped it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

themuskr

Apr 14, 2010
I got this sensor problem out of the blue. This trick worked for a bit but now I seem to be back where I started. Any advice?? :confused::confused:

moryoav

May 2, 2009
I have the same problem, just happened out of the blue, I don't have a ported ROM, my device isn't even rooted. I'm have a hard time deciding: should I root the device and attempt the OP suggestion or should I just wait a few days for Android 5.0 ? If I get an OTA ROM, could that also fix my problem...?

NEX5Q85

Oct 29, 2014
Hi,

I tried the CM 11S port from the One Plus One.
After flashing a "regular" CM 11 nightly my sensors didnt work either.
I tried your fix but it didnt work.
Tried it with ES File explorer and with TWRP.
At every new boot files are back but sensors wont work.

Any Idea???

NEX5Q85

Oct 29, 2014
Okay,

i've fixed it my selve the long way.

I completly unrooted my phone with the Guide from androidrootz

but didnt lock the bootloader, rooted again flashed CM and everything works fine now.

I think there might be a lot better ways, just like your "fast method" but unfortunately it didnt work for me.

thanks any way

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Hi,

I tried the CM 11S port from the One Plus One.
After flashing a "regular" CM 11 nightly my sensors didnt work either.
I tried your fix but it didnt work.
Tried it with ES File explorer and with TWRP.
At every new boot files are back but sensors wont work.

Any Idea???

First of all, the "CM11S port" is not a port, it is official CM11 M Snapshots simply with extra apk files added into the .zip

CM11 is extremely broken for the Nexus 5 at the moment, which is why your sensors don't work.

NEX5Q85

Oct 29, 2014
First of all, the "CM11S port" is not a port, it is official CM11 M Snapshots simply with extra apk files added into the .zip

CM11 is extremely broken for the Nexus 5 at the moment, which is why your sensors don't work.

Thanks for the answer.

Like I just mentioned i got it working again.

I flashed CM 11 M11.

So just one more question
do you mean it is a problem of the current nightlies?

michalnied

Jul 12, 2014
Hello, all sensors in my N5 stop working, I don't know why. And I don't know how can I solve them. They stop working when I used android l developer preview but I back to stock kitkat and nothing. I will try PA and CM but they still don't work. Method from first post is not help mealso. Do you have any idea what can I do?

ProcityMax

Jul 26, 2014
Cincinnati
Would this possibly work for the LG G2? I have been having this same problem with my phone, but have never been able to find a permanent solution...

linorallo1

Jun 5, 2014
Help!

I already delete the files, but the sensors still not working.
I tried installing the others stock roms, this started when i installled a lollipop official preview
Somebody tried another method or something?
Please tell me I've been having this problem for 3 months, thks

ulysse75

Jan 30, 2011
I have the same issue on nexus 4. I want to try this fix but i dont find sns.reg file. Maybe is not present on N4?
Thx

copperhead035

Feb 16, 2011
I have an N5, rooted but otherwise totally stock on 5.0.1 that has a broken proximity sensor and light sensor. They will work for an hour or two after a reboot, then die again. I bought the phone after 5.0.1 was released, but was on 4.4.4 when I got it. The OTA wasn't showing up so I manually updated it using the Skipsoft toolbox. My mother also has an N5, not rooted on either 5.0 or 5.0.1, it also came with 4.4.4 but she was able to update via OTA. Her proximity sensor also doesn't work, not sure about her light sensor.

Should I try the fix listed here? What about my mom's phone? I'd rather not root hers if I don't need to. Has anyone else been having these problems with stock Lollipop?

Edit - of these three:
/data/system/sensors
/data/misc/sensors
/persist/sensors/sns.reg

I could only find /data/misc/sensors so I went ahead and deleted it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I see that many have the following problem, and I might be able to help :D

e5e7ugen.jpg

This method requires root privileges!

From root explorer or similar program delete these folders and file

/data/system/sensors
    /data/misc/sensors
    /persist/sensors/sns.reg

Restart phone

Enjoy :)
    Flash Sense 6 port :crying:

The problem is caused flashing ported rom, but it is already known from the 4.4.2 update. A large number of those who are updated from 4.4 to 4.4.2 lost sensors ... I'm glad that I helped a huge number of N5 users. :good:
    WORKED!! THANKS!!

Love u! :)
    So just out of curiosity, I came from an HTC phone, and I'm just learning this one, but I can't seem to find any of those files on my phone, I go to my root folder, and my /data and /persist folders are both empty, and ideas as to why that would be?

Nevermine, I found the problem with locating them, unfortunetly the root explorer I used on my HTC isn't working with my nexus too well -_-

Use root browser from Google Play.

Need root :good: