The Positive Transformer Prime Thread

Search This thread

Yuhfhrh

Apr 27, 2011
I also have to give Asus a +1 for their Jelly bean update. Now just let me unlock my device please!

Rose4uKY

Sep 7, 2009
Louisville
This isn't a big deal but all my multi player games I play on my phone are on my tablet and I am now addicted to Sing Pop. I had to hard reset my phone cause of a reboot it kept doing over and over and this am I was playing the game on my tablet cause I was told not to put any apps on my phone yet and it plays better there was a slight lag before and now it's fast. Plus a you tube video someone sent me buffered on my computer and i had tried it on my tablet and it did the same thing but I just tried it again and there is no lag or buffer. So I am very Happy with Jelly Bean and this tablet it's the best... Can't wait for Jelly Bean on my HTC EVO 4GLTE which I should get in a couple months I think. My friend has the Transformer before the Prime and she didn't get the update wonder if she will?

HA! Jellybean fixed the audio lag when streaming via bluetooth. Really liking 4.1.1.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

Mar 21, 2012
+1 for the Jelly Bean update! After a few days since the update on my prime tablet, it's now at the level that I expected it to be when I first bought it. I am very pleased with the tablet now! And so won't be checking the forum here now as often as before :)

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Glad to see the good responses regarding new jb update.

I do miss my prime though :( just glad that alot of previous people critcal of primes flaws are now happy with device.

Dutch81

Sep 29, 2012
Just wanted to drop in and say that after receiving my refurb Prime that I previously posted about. I signed up for the gps dongle even though the offer says its expired and my prime is a refurb Asus still sent me out one free of charge without any hassle. All I did was sign up for it. So now all I need is root access on JB and my Prime will be everything I wanted it to be.

rail205

Sep 11, 2011
Montreal
Well I took my chances and bought a used Prime with Dock 300$. So far loving it. Running JB stock and its smooth. As for WiFi no problems so far. Was nervous after reading all the complaints. So far fantastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
Still running great. JB and me switching to Nova Launcher Prime made everything faster and smoother. :)
Only thing I'm down on now is that today I got the SGIII and wish my Prime was like, it is very fast, scary that it's doing that on ICS.

Shelfty

Dec 18, 2011
Always been as supportive as I can of my prime but it even got to me how much it locked up and how stuttery and laggy it is. Then I got JB and things got a little better. Got recommended to do a factory reset. WOAH.. finally after 10 months the prime is where it always should have been. I get 100% flawlessly smooth usage, much much improved browser experience. I'm very happy!

MadssiDK

Mar 10, 2011
Mesinge
I really like the JB update to
And the io problems seems much much better imo than on ics
But not sure

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I've seen lots of posts with complaints or concerns about the prime but let's have a thread to share our positives about it. If all we see are the negatives or the couple of bad tablets no one will want one. Sooooooo, I'd like to hear what you guys who do have it like about it, what did Asus do RIGHT?

Please share your thoughts! :cool:

UPDATE:
    Include the model and color in your posts please!:)
    I am really loving this tablet :)

Just wanna say how much I am loving this tablet. :cool:

I've been looking forward to this tablet for quite a while and decided to browse these forums to find out more about it.

From a lot of the threads it seemed like there are tons of issues that are deal-breakers for people, so I was hesitant to jump in. After letting the complaints sink in I decided to actually get one to see for myself, because I know how issues can seem a lot bigger than they really are on a message board.

After it arrived I can say that I am glad I got it.

The wifi has been working great and the screen is beautiful. Not 1920x1200? After seeing the screen already on there and watching some netflix I don't even feel like I need a higher resolution screen. The speed is buttery smooth and it even works with my wireless microsoft mouse.

The tablet and dock feel solid and it's much thinner and more sleek than my ASUS 1215N netbook. I love the finish and the look.

I've had no issues with ICS and am even rooted, thanks to the wonderful help from these forums.

TLDR:

I am loving this tablet and do not regret getting this instead of waiting for a TF700.
    I have a suggestion. Since there are an overwhelming number of threads with "good" vs. "evil" debates, can't this one thread be left for people that are happy/satisfied to share their feelings? Up until a couple of pages ago this thread was left alone by the dissatisfied. I'm not suggesting people who want to vent shouldn't, just leave at least one thread that's not riddled with complaints about Asus, the Prime, Nvidia, and/or Gary so those that are satisfied can enjoy their purchase.

Peace out.
    Everything works great on mine.Went into maps & it instantly locked on to me.Web browsing is a breeze. Love that I can play full HD on YouTube. I love the haptic feedback too.Reminds of the old galaxy tab with that option lol.This baby makes my XOOM look bad.I love it.Also mine has no light bleed.
    Well I have a very positive story to contribute.

I am one of the few people who had serious issues with the Transformer Prime; specifically, the lockup/reboot issue caused after the ICS OTA back on the 9th. The vast majority of people with Primes had no such problem, but I was finally able to find and join a thread of others describing the same symptoms.

Once there, the challenge for us was that even though we had a legitimate, tablet-bricking, deal-breaking issue with our devices, we were drowning in a sea of threads and posts of any other complaint you can think of: "Can't get a kanye west video to play," "Wifi connectivity is a couple decibels lower than I'd like," "Angry Birds is a little laggy," and junk like that.

Thanks to this, not only did we have to struggle to get our issue acknowledge by ASUS, it was hard enough to even be acknowledged by fellow XDA members who were becoming increasingly fed up with all of the griping and moaning about this wonderful beast of a tablet. And who can blame them?

Those of us in the thread kept up with troubleshooting as best we could, and as the post count grew, we eventually saw a few of the more technical members drop in to offer their suggestions (despite growing negative attitudes of some users within the thread), and eventually someone from ASUS even responded saying that they were tracking the issue.

To cut a long story short and get to the positive part - I now have a perfectly working Transformer Prime. I didn't have to exchange it or RMA it, I just waited, helped with the troubleshooting, and assisted the ASUS devs when asked to test new builds. I am currently on one of those builds (see signature) and it has completely resolved any issues I had. No more freezing or boot-looping. It's every bit as fast, slick and stable as it is supposed to be and I'm glad I stuck with it. :)

In summary:
    • This tablet is amazing.
    • The fact that ASUS got involved in threads like these and worked directly with end users to test software fixes - despite endless resentment and bashing from quite a few users - is amazing.
    • The willingness and courtesy of XDA members - with or without the same issue - to offer their assistance to each other is amazing.

I am having a glass of scotch right now to celebrate my resurrected Prime and my involvement in this ****ing awesome community. XDA for the win.