Bridge wifi and mobile data network?

Search This thread

juan_carlos__007

Jul 24, 2012
Ok I'm wondering if is it possible to bridge a wifi connection with my mobile data network so both work simultaneously and increase speed and also when you get home and wifi kicks in you dont lose internet access momentarily?

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Ok I'm wondering if is it possible to bridge a wifi connection with my mobile data network so both work simultaneously and increase speed and also when you get home and wifi kicks in you dont lose internet access momentarily?

On the first part, I'm not sure if you would be able to do that,. On the second part, if your wifi is on, it will always choose wifi automatically, if you're downloading a file. At least this is what I am lead to believe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

juan_carlos__007

Jul 24, 2012
On the first part, I'm not sure if you would be able to do that,. On the second part, if your wifi is on, it will always choose wifi automatically, if you're downloading a file. At least this is what I am lead to believe.

Yes but everytime you go away you loosr wifi signal and mobile network kicks in right? And vise versa. And every time it's switched from wifi to mobile network or the other way around if youre watching youtube, hearing spotify, or downloading something it cuts signal instead of smoothly transfering without losing internet access. Plus we could benefit of doubling internet speed by something like this.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Yes but everytime you go away you loosr wifi signal and mobile network kicks in right? And vise versa. And every time it's switched from wifi to mobile network or the other way around if youre watching youtube, hearing spotify, or downloading something it cuts signal instead of smoothly transfering without losing internet access. Plus we could benefit of doubling internet speed by something like this.

Yes, that could happen, but there's not much you can do about that unfortunately.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Really? That sucks, it seems something that it would get really good use of.

It's not really a big deal with most because at the most the video you're watching or the file you are downloading will buffer for a second or two while transferring signals, which it would do normally, whether you're using wifi only, or traveling down the road, which it (buffering) will do without fail as it (signal) is passed from one tower to another. Some hand-offs are pretty rough.