Internal memory...

Search This thread

greengoldmello

Dec 3, 2007
Houston
Lmao! That's what i was thinking..pretty rare for them not to run some bs line and have u going thru steps that do nothing at at ll..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

crr127

Jun 20, 2009
wow. that kinda sux, ya keep us in the loop as i'm sure we all have the same units and same issue

D

diversificationied

I wonder is there is a loose hinge and nand correlation.

daijizai

Oct 27, 2005
Somebody on T-Mobile that knows about NAND???? Damn your a lucky man to talk to somebody with some sense

LOL... It was actually m though... He just agreed, but did know what the specs were for the Desire Z off hand.

Lmao! That's what i was thinking..pretty rare for them not to run some bs line and have u going thru steps that do nothing at at ll..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Oh, there was BS abound... This was 65 minutes in and 5 reps down when I got transferred to the gent in question.

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Same here only got like 2gb. Hopefully we dont have to return the phone because that will take along time

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

RaffieKol

Feb 23, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Just Got Off The Phone With Tmobile

They Want Me To Go To A T-Mobile Store and Confirm That The Memory Is Only 1.2gb and they said they will take care of it from there.

They Also Told Me That I Was The First Person That Called About The Problem????

Looks Like Tmobile Gots a big problem on there hands as there were over a thousands of devices sent out thats whats they told me.

I will let you know tomorrow after i go to the store...

Last edited:

mcp2009

May 12, 2009
Hellam
this sucks.. i just spent about 2hrs getting all my apps and stuff back... I'm going to go to the store on the 6th and see what they say.

oldsk00lz

Nov 14, 2008
Yeh... is crazy... was quite perplexing as numbers just weren't adding up. :O Sounds like some users will get replacements sent to them, and then they can return their original phone after receipt. I hope they do this for all of their customers.

Still a pain to deal with reinstalls/backups/etc. Especially without root!!

AZ2ENVY

Oct 1, 2010
Energy Vortex's
My G2 arrives tomorrow . If it has 2.1GB of ROM instead of 4GB I dont know what Im gonna do :( Maybe just keep it and just use my 32GB card or return the phone ????

crr127

Jun 20, 2009
that sux.. ya mine has it too. not really sure what i'm gonna do about this.. still having fun playing at the moment.

ericc191

Jan 28, 2007
West Fork
Oh, I'll definitely trade mine in for a 4GB one once it's been fixed.. but with my luck, the G2 I get tomorrow will have a solid hinge and the 4GB G2 I get will have a loose hinge.

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
OMFG! This is too f*cking much! I can't believe this?! I'm in shock...:mad::confused::confused::mad:

WE NEED REALLY CONFIRMATION THOUGH! A PICTURE OF SOMEONE'S PHONE WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAN 1.27GB...

WHAT A STUPID MISTAKE!!! Me angry now!:mad: HOW DO THEY STAMP THE WRONG DAMN NAND CHIP!!! @#$%^&*()? I hope we can take ours to the retail stores and exchange them there. I hate f*cking UPS and waiting on them and having to do this all over! GRRRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Sorry guys, I'm fired up! I need to go to sleep, lol... stupid work tomorrow... TGIF! (lame 80's reference:D)

thedarkpassenger

Aug 2, 2010
after having 4 Vibrants, all buggy as hell, I finally got TMO to send me a G2 as a replacement. I don't really mind if it needs to be replaced as soon as I get it - the UPS guy knows just where I live :)

atlp99

Jul 12, 2007
Unless T-Mobile makes an exception to the policy, exchanges must be done through customer care for handsets that were ordered through care or online. The replacement G2 would be sent first and then the original phone would be returned to T-Mobile, so at least you would still have your G2.

Presale orders will NOT be able to be exchanged in store. (unless an exception is made, and I doubt that will happen)

I have been off since Monday but I will check and see if this is a known issue with tech support tomorrow when I work in the afternoon.

Also to anyone that calls in to set up an exchange, make sure you are getting a new handset not refurbished. Warranty exchanges can be refurbished handsets.