LG P509-T completely return to stock?

Search This thread

N00b-un-2

Jan 29, 2011
Glendale
ryancuda.blogspot.com
Is there any way to get ahold of the KDZ stock firmware for the American LG -P509 T-Mobile version? Personally I don't care about whether my phone claims it's a European P500 or an American P509, but should I ever need to return the phone to T-Mobile they might have an issue with it...
I used a tool I found in another thread that is supposed to use your phone's model and serial number to download the proper firmware, but once again it identified my phone as a P500 and downloaded a European firmware. The thing is, I'm considering trading my phones in for something with a hard keyboard (Probably the HTC G2) and I obviously can't turn the phones back in to T-Mobile with custom firmwares and recoveries on them.
I do still have nandroid backups of the original firmware from before my first flash about 6 months ago. If I were to nandroid flash back to stock, is it possible to remove the Recovery and then unroot the phone? I'm sure this has been covered adnauseum elsewhere, but I haven't found anything specific to the LG P509-T.

Reactions: zippo_of_death

N00b-un-2

Jan 29, 2011
Glendale
ryancuda.blogspot.com
Thanks, you're awesome. I've been tearing up the internet trying to find the firmware I need, but so far no luck. I suppose I could have flashed back to stock and got the build name and used that as a starting point for my search.

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
Oct 8, 2011
Any way to get ROM?

I think you can use google to find/download 10l firmware. If not when I get home I will post a download for the us p509 firmware.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

Hi Lawful123, it seems the links that exist everywhere on this forum for v10L US P509 firmware have been changed by LG. Any help you could give on getting me the firmware would be a huge, huge help. I've spent a couple of days searching with my p509 holding down paper in the meantime.

Turducken

Jun 22, 2011
Hi Lawful123, it seems the links that exist everywhere on this forum for v10L US P509 firmware have been changed by LG. Any help you could give on getting me the firmware would be a huge, huge help. I've spent a couple of days searching with my p509 holding down paper in the meantime.

Is there any reason why v10S won't work? It's the latest 2.2.2 release from US T-Mobile for the P509.

If you're bricked the links I provided above will get you going.

Reactions: bobjohnson1221

zippo_of_death

Aug 26, 2012
Wilmington

c1995

Dec 24, 2013
link doesn't work any more

The link for downloading LG-P509-V10s is not working, can someone please post a new link? Thanks in advance.

krashn_buirn

Oct 26, 2013
stuck on LG screen

Hi I'm new here and I've searched everywhere on this site for the stock firmware for the LG-P509. I've tried many sites and no luck. It seems likeall the links for the stock firmware don't work anymore can someone point/post a link??? Please!!!

c1995

Dec 24, 2013
try this

Hi I'm new here and I've searched everywhere on this site for the stock firmware for the LG-P509. I've tried many sites and no luck. It seems likeall the links for the stock firmware don't work anymore can someone point/post a link??? Please!!!

After some try and error, I finally was able to download it using this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1073827

You need to install .net to run the tool, and remember to try upper / lower case for your phones S/N or IMEI, don't remember which one, but one of them is working for sure. Hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a link to v10s. It's the most recent 2.2.2

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP509TN/ATMOTN/V10s_00/V10S_00.kdz

Follow this guide to flash it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1060121&highlight=kdz

This will bring you back to Tmos stock recovery, baseband, firmware, etc. Good as new.
    I think you can use google to find/download 10l firmware. If not when I get home I will post a download for the us p509 firmware.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App
    Here's a link to v10s. It's the most recent 2.2.2

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP509TN/ATMOTN/V10s_00/V10S_00.kdz

Follow this guide to flash it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1060121&highlight=kdz

This will bring you back to Tmos stock recovery, baseband, firmware, etc. Good as new.

Let me know if this works

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App running CM7 over clocked at 806
    Is there any way to get ahold of the KDZ stock firmware for the American LG -P509 T-Mobile version? Personally I don't care about whether my phone claims it's a European P500 or an American P509, but should I ever need to return the phone to T-Mobile they might have an issue with it...
    I used a tool I found in another thread that is supposed to use your phone's model and serial number to download the proper firmware, but once again it identified my phone as a P500 and downloaded a European firmware. The thing is, I'm considering trading my phones in for something with a hard keyboard (Probably the HTC G2) and I obviously can't turn the phones back in to T-Mobile with custom firmwares and recoveries on them.
    I do still have nandroid backups of the original firmware from before my first flash about 6 months ago. If I were to nandroid flash back to stock, is it possible to remove the Recovery and then unroot the phone? I'm sure this has been covered adnauseum elsewhere, but I haven't found anything specific to the LG P509-T.

Is there any reason why v10S won't work? It's the latest 2.2.2 release from US T-Mobile for the P509.

If you're bricked the links I provided above will get you going.