[Q] How do I get root back after update to .62 firmware?

Search This thread

Laqany

Oct 29, 2011
Beirut
I just updated my arc via PC companion software to .62 firmware.
I rooted it earlier by super one click method by DooMLorD from here.
Now after the update I don't have root access and I can't get it back by the same way or by GingerBreak and I can still see superuser icon.
The system apps are reaaally using too much memory.
Any idea how i can solve that please?!

Last edited:

ali_dj_

Feb 14, 2012
Downgrade back to .42-root it-update to .62 back and you get rooted .62

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk

i have few questions..
1) if i downgrade it, i will lost my sms,contact, appl or not?
2) after downgrade.. what shoul i do? in others forums i hear that u must upgrade again via SEUS.. how?

`thanks be4

SL_Don

Jan 29, 2012
I just updated my arc via PC companion software to .62 firmware.
I rooted it earlier by super one click method by DooMLorD from here.
Now after the update I don't have root access and I can't get it back by the same way or by GingerBreak and I can still see superuser icon.
The system apps are reaaally using too much memory.
Any idea how i can solve that please?!

using flash tool and a .42 FTF downgrade from .62 to .42 un check wipe cash and wipe user data and you save everything.
root using flashtool
do an OTA update to .62 and you remain root.
then and only then can you delete system apps you dont want. if you change the system aps befor the OTA update it will fail to update.

lgumo01

Jan 11, 2011
Warsaw
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Realme GT 2
using flash tool and a .42 FTF downgrade from .62 to .42 un check wipe cash and wipe user data and you save everything.
root using flashtool
do an OTA update to .62 and you remain root.
then and only then can you delete system apps you dont want. if you change the system aps befor the OTA update it will fail to update.

Witch .42 has ota update? For me, there is information about upgrade but it tels me that i need PC Companion.

LT15i 1247_1073

Wysłane z mojego LT15i za pomocą Tapatalk

fluxgfx

Jun 1, 2011
Ottawa
www.cryovex.com
What needs to be done in the following ORDER

1 - Get yourself a firmware (whichever one you want) .42
1.1 - Connect your phone to your computer
2 - Using the application called Flashtool which be can be found on the forum (multiple threads) Flash the the rom. You will loose all your contacts, sms etc...
2.2 - Wait for the tool to tell you that it's done flashing
2.3 - Using ZergRush or Flashtool ROOT your phone.
3 - Start your phone and disconnect it from the PC
4 - Press the menu button and go to SETTINGS - ABOUT PHONE - SOFTWARE UPDATE
5 - This will verify and push the OTA for .62 to your phone.

That's pretty much it in the simplest way possible.

lgumo01

Jan 11, 2011
Warsaw
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Realme GT 2

2 - Using the application called Flashtool which be can be found on the forum (multiple threads) Flash the the rom. You will loose all your contacts, sms etc...

it`s not so easy

I did it exactly step by step,
phone shows information about upgrade but what i need is PC Companion to do that. This information is in notification about new firmware.

ok I did it :) but first I had flashed LT15i_4.0.2.A.0.58_Generic Global HK because only after that I could upgrade withouth PC Companion.

thx for advice.

Last edited:

Excelsior82

Oct 26, 2011
Chanteloup-les-vignes

I still have a small question about this.
Would I still be able to update OTA (from France) with .42 World or shall I use a .42 France ?

rolo143

Jan 28, 2012
Question: How can I update via OTA? Is there a site like wotanserver or something? Or is OTA an app I can download somewhere? :eek:

I updated my WT19 with PC Companion, it has .62 firmware now, but I need root to delete system apps and clear space on internal memory.

Anyway I always update via wotanserver, because I can't find the .ftf I need to flash it via flashtool. And now I'm having problems with wotanserver, so where can I find those firmware files (ftf) ?? (for my model)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I am sorry but I am new to this
    Just where can I find this on this forum?!

Development section and first stockier post.

Sent from my MT15i using Tapatalk
    I'm not very aware of what happen after you unlock bootloader, however, in the same post you can see that other method for rooting when you have unlocked the bootloader :
    Alternatively, after you have downloaded and installed fastboot, just follow these steps to root your phone -

1. – Flash any desired stock ROM for Xperia Arc (download 2.3.4 update from link given in "1." of previous question - "I am still not ready to unlock my bootloader. So guide me how to perform rooting on my locked Xperia Arc.") using flashtool (read the question - "I am still not ready to unlock my bootloader. So guide me how to perform rooting on my locked Xperia Arc." to know how to flash a stock ROM using flashtool). This step is optional if you want to root your current stock ROM.

2. – Download attachments below titled recoveryARC.img and RootXperia.zip. Thanks to jlmcr87 and his post. Copy and paste the file recoveryARC.img to the fastboot folder (folder containing fastboot.exe). Also, transfer the file RootXperia.zip 'as it is' to your SD card.

3. - Open the fastboot folder. Right click on the folder background while pressing shift key on windows PC. Click "Open command window here".

4. - A black cmd window will open. Type in the following command - "fastboot.exe boot recoveryARC.img".

5. - Switch off your phone, connect to the USB cable while holding the menu button (rightmost of the three buttons on Arc). A blue led should light up (It is an indicator of entering in fastboot mode).

6. - Let the process run. Look at the cmd window. If it says the process is complete, remove the USB cable.

7. - On your phone, a menu should appear. This is Clockworkmod/ CWM recovery menu (more about this in later questions). Use volume down key to go to 'install zip from SD card' and enter by pressing camera button.

8. - Choose 'RootXperia.zip' where you've stored it on your SD card. Accept the prompt.

9. - Let the process run until it says that it installed the zip.

10. - Go back to the main menu by either pressing back button or entering into '+++Go Back+++'.

11. - Enter 'reboot system now'. When rebooted, you will have a rooted stock firmware.:cool:

I don't take any credits for that, and maybe you should ask someone better skilled than me before. Good luck ;)