Privacy protection for your DX2!

Search This thread

skwoodwiva

Apr 24, 2011
I tried this for My Mx2 port & the flash of the zip bombs with status 0. So I created a temp folder in /framework to hold the 3 files w/ perms set properly & pasted them & rebooted & it just boot loops. The pdroid.exe did show some errors in the log when generating the .zip.
Oh well.

kenjesse

Jul 15, 2011
Florida
CM7 Update & PDroid

For any of you running PDroid you should UNINSTALL IT before you install DZK's cm7 update. I am in the process of creating a new zip from the update to reinstall PDroid after applying DZK's update.

I'll post the new zip file soon but wanted to get this info out for now.

I didn't uninstall it first and it broke PDroid, force close, every time I tried to open it. Fortunately I did a nand backup so i could start over.

Maximinus I

Nov 4, 2011
I tried it on the new cm7 and it bootlooped after I patched it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Maximinus I

Nov 4, 2011
That sucks man. I gave up after making three different patches and only bootlooping.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

kenjesse

Jul 15, 2011
Florida
Same problem here... almost made it to the cm7 animation...lol So for now its a bust. I'll be looking into a fix over the weekend but till then you might try the OP page for help. Its linked in the 1st post.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
anyone try manually putting it in the rom? I asked on the app's thread about cm7 and they suggested that. I would if I knew where to start. and tomorrow is my 12hr shift at work. Tuesday I will attempt a mod on the rom.

Last edited:

chloechoe

May 2, 2010
....long-time lurker, first-time reply-er?

hello, (and i apologize in advance for the lack of proper capitalization - shift key gets stuck) i usually don't reply but i just wanted to maybe help save someone else the agonizing hours of trying to ressucitate a phone after NOT doing a backup and flashing the cm7 and old pdroid zip file.

i won't bore you with all the failed attempts and just let you know how i got past the dreaded M:

i guessed that if i could get back into recovery, i would be able to reflash the new rom and everything would be hunky dory and it would reboot normally. so i figured if i could manually push the "rerecovery" files (posted in another thread) i might be able to get back into recovery. i was sort of right --- because i spent about an hour pushing the files from the cm7 rerecovery file (the last file in that thread) and just staring at the inanimate M for minutes on end. i was about to give up but then i thought i might as well try pushing the first rerecovery files (intended for non-cm7 roms) and see if i got back in.

and i did!!!

after which i wiped cache, flashed, and flashed the cm7 rerecovery in the regular rerecovery and booted right in. i was so happy, i almost cried.

so, easy peasy:

1. use adb commands or android commander to push rerecovery files to your phone (or just follow the instructions for milestone x2 as posted in the thread i mentioned).
2. pull battery, plug, reboot, pray.
3. if you get back in to recovery, just flash over whatever you mucked up. (optionally flash the cm7 rerecovery zip file, life saver) i wiped cache and dalvik, but i don't know if you need to do that. no need to lose your data.
4. and then you reboot and itll be like you never did that thing which mucked up your phone in the first place.

please let me know if this worked - if it was just a fluke i wouldn't want to keep doing it next time.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

hmm, in case you couldn't find the exact part i was talking about here is the exerpt i was referring to - except instead of root explorer you'd be using adb and/or android commander. android commander lets you click to change permissions (left click, permissions, i believe), but in case you use adb, i believe it's "chmod 777" and "chmod 666" for the permission changes you need to make.

again, i'm only suggesting this if your problem is getting into recovery (getting past M).... i don't know about bootlooping past that.

-------

"Milestone X2 users Try to use this Dx2 apk first:http://xdaforums.com/show...ight=bootstrap OR
Copy and paste your own bootstrap:
DL zReRecovery.Dx2.PI.notice.v3.zip
You need Root Explorer , ES file explorer Or any root file explorer that sets permissions.
Extract all and paste 8 files (not the folders) to the same folders in your root dir (not the dir: root that is always empty) that you found them in the zip.
1)paste to /preinstall: the 5 files and set perms to all-rwxrwxrwx but adbd: rw-rw-rw-.
2)Change charge_only_mode (not the .bin file-leave that alone) ( your original in system/bin) to .bak. Then paste the 2 /system/bin files. Set perms to all- rwxrwxrwx
3)Then .recovery_mode goes in /data. Set perms to rw-rw-rw-. Power off and Plug in. CWR
Ignore the meta-inf file.
End roll your own BSR."

Uzephi

Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Doing some reading through the whole app thread, there is an issue with the current 1.32 putting 90% of the ROMs though a boot loop.

It is okay! I found an app that may help. hxxp://www.xda-developers.com/android/botbrew-used-to-port-pdroid-to-more-devices/

All we need is to have someone who knows the source of one of the ROMS put in a opkg to install it through this app. I, unfortunately don't know that much of C coding to write the patch into our ROMs like that.

Last edited:

kenjesse

Jul 15, 2011
Florida
Well it worked for me so I'm hoping it will work for the rest of you. I used the 1.31 version of Pdroid to create the patched zip files and it worked. Good luck and remember NAND BACKUP before you do anything...

Also I did not wipe anything after flashing the patch file... and lastly it takes a few minutes for the phone to get past the cm7 boot animation so be patient.

Attachments

• PDroid-v1.31-update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-daytona-beta2-signed.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 45
  • PDroid-RESTORE-update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-daytona-beta2-signed.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: bad bone and Uzephi

Uzephi

Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
Worked like a charm. 1.31 patch will work with market version of app (1.32)

Well it worked for me so I'm hoping it will work for the rest of you. I used the 1.31 version of Pdroid to create the patched zip files and it worked. Good luck and remember NAND BACKUP before you do anything...

Also I did not wipe anything after flashing the patch file... and lastly it takes a few minutes for the phone to get past the cm7 boot animation so be patient.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA

LaserChicken

Apr 27, 2010
Bumping just because this is an awesome app that some newer people might not know about.

Follow the directions and enjoy your new found device privacy controls.

PnoT

Jun 22, 2011
Anyone have a patch for Eclipse v2.3?

The creation of the patch with patcher 1.31 / 1.32 worked fine but upon applying I just get an Exit code (0) statement. I've posted in the PDRoid forum with no results.

LaserChicken

Apr 27, 2010
Anyone have a patch for Eclipse v2.3?

The creation of the patch with patcher 1.31 / 1.32 worked fine but upon applying I just get an Exit code (0) statement. I've posted in the PDRoid forum with no results.

Hmm. Did you make sure the md5 was correct on the rom download?

I'll give it a shot (making a patch) when I get home from work, but that will be about 6 more hours

Sent from my MB870 using xda app-developers app

PnoT

Jun 22, 2011
Hmm. Did you make sure the md5 was correct on the rom download?

I'll give it a shot (making a patch) when I get home from work, but that will be about 6 more hours

Yea, the md5 on the eclipse 2.3 matches and it's what I used to create the patch. I've read a few reports of people being successful with patcher 1.31 and other with 1.32 so I tried both to no avail.

LaserChicken

Apr 27, 2010
I finally had the chance to try making a 2.3 patch, sadly, I got the same error. Maybe on the weekend I can try the alternative method. It would be nice to have this patch for Eclipse. Pdroid is way better than LBE.

PnoT

Jun 22, 2011
I finally had the chance to try making a 2.3 patch, sadly, I got the same error. Maybe on the weekend I can try the alternative method. It would be nice to have this patch for Eclipse. Pdroid is way better than LBE.

I completely agree with you but the only ROM that patched for me out of Eclipse 1.3/2.3/ CM7 was CM7 and I like Eclipse better :good:

Hopefully you can save the day with a working patch!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Settings options are:

Check = allow
    Graph = random spoof
    Gear= set the spoof value
    Slashed Circle= block
    And then there is a check box in the top right corner to enable notifications for just that app.

Sent via Tapatalk on my CM7'ed DX2
    CM7 Update & PDroid

For any of you running PDroid you should UNINSTALL IT before you install DZK's cm7 update. I am in the process of creating a new zip from the update to reinstall PDroid after applying DZK's update.

I'll post the new zip file soon but wanted to get this info out for now.

I didn't uninstall it first and it broke PDroid, force close, every time I tried to open it. Fortunately I did a nand backup so i could start over.
    Will you post a patch for eclipse 2.1. Im not being lazy just don't really understand fully the process of creating the patch and our home computer is a major pain

yep, no problem, post it later today

Sent using XDA app from my abandoned DX2 running CM7. In dragonzkiller we trust ;p
    What is it?

whoa look at that....

He probably should update the op title. Pdroid is an app that lets you modify permissions app by app with out breaking them. You also have the option of "spoofing" the permissions by sending randomly generate data rather than your phones actual sim, meid, phone #, etc.
    As the app dose not need to run constantly in the back ground it has virtually no impact on battery.
    I highly recommend it, for what that is worth. Check it out at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19570074

Sent via Tapatalk on my CM7'ed DX2