[ROM][Updated 5-28-12]MazWoz-EVO ICS ROM BETA 6

Search This thread

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
I had the same issue with
Absolute System Root Tools As soon i install & launch it i get FC, Also tired out a different ICS & same thing.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. As you can imagine things have been hectic where I am. Most ICS ROMs on the OG EVO will have the same issue. JB (my version) has some of the same problems. Been trying to work it, but haven't had much time. Sorry again guys.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
I had the same issue with
Absolute System Root Tools As soon i install & launch it i get FC, Also tired out a different ICS & same thing.

After install try a fix permissions. For some reason this actually fixes the issue with that app. You could also try doing a chmod 667 on the app via TE (Terminal Emulator).

Let me know if you need any help.

gregaloe

Mar 23, 2008
Staus/notification bar not showing SMS count

I'm loving this ROM, giving my EVO another chance before trading it in. Thank you thank you!
I've had a few minor problems, but the one that's bugging me the most right now is that I can't get any counts in my notification bar icons for emails (K9 email) and SMS (Go SMS Pro).

I 100% understand this isn't a problem specifically with MazWoz-EVO, but I'm wondering if it can be fixed/enabled here. It was working when I was running CyanogenMod 7.1. Maybe ICS does not allow message counts or has a new API? Also, I see that when I pull down the notification bar, it does tell me how many items are unread for emails and SMS, but in CyanogenMod I was able to see the count in the action status bar icon. I wonder if I'm going to have the same problem with voicemails (currently using YouMail).

In Go SMS Pro, the option to show the message count in the notifications is not available anymore (not even grayed out, just not showing up at all). I searched some forums and I see a few others having similar issues on other phones (HTC One S and Galaxy S3), but I have not found anyone who can explain the reason behind this problem:
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/623453-go-sms-pro-not-showing-unread-message-count.html
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1773058

Also, I tried installing "Unread SMS Status Free", but that didn't show a count either. In fact, it wouldn't even pop up in the notification bar until I opened the app.

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
I'm loving this ROM, giving my EVO another chance before trading it in. Thank you thank you!
I've had a few minor problems, but the one that's bugging me the most right now is that I can't get any counts in my notification bar icons for emails (K9 email) and SMS (Go SMS Pro).

I 100% understand this isn't a problem specifically with MazWoz-EVO, but I'm wondering if it can be fixed/enabled here. It was working when I was running CyanogenMod 7.1. Maybe ICS does not allow message counts or has a new API? Also, I see that when I pull down the notification bar, it does tell me how many items are unread for emails and SMS, but in CyanogenMod I was able to see the count in the action status bar icon. I wonder if I'm going to have the same problem with voicemails (currently using YouMail).

In Go SMS Pro, the option to show the message count in the notifications is not available anymore (not even grayed out, just not showing up at all). I searched some forums and I see a few others having similar issues on other phones (HTC One S and Galaxy S3), but I have not found anyone who can explain the reason behind this problem:
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/623453-go-sms-pro-not-showing-unread-message-count.html
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1773058

Also, I tried installing "Unread SMS Status Free", but that didn't show a count either. In fact, it wouldn't even pop up in the notification bar until I opened the app.

I know this may not be the answer you want, but try my JB ROM. It is far superior and more stable. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1947452

Kman355

Aug 23, 2011
This rom has some serious battery issues. I'm running on a fresh install, and no data hog apps. This is "idle". When I use it, it drops about one percent every minute.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352144497579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352144497579.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 160

Kman355

Aug 23, 2011
Just realized this was the wrong thread. Any chance my post could be moved to the mazwoz jb thread?

gregaloe

Mar 23, 2008
I just read about Apex Launcher Pro. It lists "notification counts" as one of its features, but it only puts counts on the homescreen icons, not the notification bar icons. Oh well, the $4 is a reasonable donation and it did unlock some other minor, but fun features.

MazWoz, thanks for the JB tip. I didn't realize you were working on that, too. Awesome. Do you know if it takes up less internal memory than MazWoz ICS? I'm running into an issue where, even though I have 52mb+, I haven't been able to download some larger apps, even when they're only 10-15mb. The problem seems intermittent, but right now the ~35mb AB Space update is giving me an "package file is invalid" error. I was also getting errors about being out of space for other apps, but after moving a couple more mb to the sdcard, they started installing properly. I didn't have this problem with CyanogenMod even though I actually had less internal space available.

Greg

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
I just read about Apex Launcher Pro. It lists "notification counts" as one of its features, but it only puts counts on the homescreen icons, not the notification bar icons. Oh well, the $4 is a reasonable donation and it did unlock some other minor, but fun features.

MazWoz, thanks for the JB tip. I didn't realize you were working on that, too. Awesome. Do you know if it takes up less internal memory than MazWoz ICS? I'm running into an issue where, even though I have 52mb+, I haven't been able to download some larger apps, even when they're only 10-15mb. The problem seems intermittent, but right now the ~35mb AB Space update is giving me an "package file is invalid" error. I was also getting errors about being out of space for other apps, but after moving a couple more mb to the sdcard, they started installing properly. I didn't have this problem with CyanogenMod even though I actually had less internal space available.

Greg

Yea, I haven't touched my ICS stuff in forever. Been working on JB for a while now. The issue with JB stating you have no space is based off of a percentage of used space and how much that app will use after install. Remember that some apps are going to be a lot bigger once they extract some things/download some things.

Other than that, I'm glad JB is working out for you, as well as apex launcher pro.

gregaloe

Mar 23, 2008
No need to respond, but just to be clear, I haven't tried out JB yet, so the space issue has to do with ICS (but is probably an issue with both, I guess). Also, the apps I'm downloading are installed on my SD card, so as far as I understand, the package gets downloaded to internal memory, then extracted to the SD card. It does seem strange to me that the package gets downloaded to internal memory in the first place. Would be nice if it downloaded to some temp space on the SD card.
Thanks for everything, I'm still pretty happy with the ROM, but will try JB when I have another free night.
Greg

mazwoz

Mar 3, 2011
mazwoz.zamzow.us
No need to respond, but just to be clear, I haven't tried out JB yet, so the space issue has to do with ICS (but is probably an issue with both, I guess). Also, the apps I'm downloading are installed on my SD card, so as far as I understand, the package gets downloaded to internal memory, then extracted to the SD card. It does seem strange to me that the package gets downloaded to internal memory in the first place. Would be nice if it downloaded to some temp space on the SD card.
Thanks for everything, I'm still pretty happy with the ROM, but will try JB when I have another free night.
Greg

Have you used an A2SD app to make sure that every app that can be moved is moved to the SD-CARD. I have seen some install on the SD and some still install on the internal. That might be an issue with the A2SD script.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MazWoz-EVO ICS Beta 6

• This is an ICS 4.0.3 ROM. Based off of Evervolv's Source
    ***The Good***
    FAST!!!!!!!
    WiFi
    General Use
    Virutall no FC/Random Reboots
    Gallery
    Live Wallpapers
    YouTube
    Chrome (FULLY WORKING)
    SMS split at 160 characters
    Camera (Still no front facing)
    Camcorder
    Panorama
    ***The Bad***
    It's Beta
    Netflix(Audio works, no video)

Check it out. Let me know if there are things that are broke or need to be fixed.

1. Download ROM
    2. Put ROM on SDCARD
    3. Reboot in to recovery
    4. Wipe Cache
    5. Wipe Data (Factory Reset)
    6. Wipe System
    7. Wipe Boot
    8. Use a format all
    9. Flash Rom
    10. Flash latest Gapps
    11. Download Rom Manager
    12. Fix Permissions

Code:
    February 6th - Beta 2.5
    Based off of Evervolv
    GApps cooked in
    Small "tweaks" 
    Worked on SDCard issues

February 7th - Beta 3
    Fixed GApps Issues
    Small "tweaks"
    Improved minor speed issues. 
    Gallery more stable
    Increased read_ahead_kb to 512

February 10th - Beta 3.5
    Updated GApps
    Tweaked framework-res
    Added [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276%22"]V6  Supercharger[/URL] from  [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=3357461"]Zeppelinrox[/URL]
    Reduced read_ahead_kb to 128 (512 was too agressive)
    Updated Music and Maps
    Removed some apps
    Speed improvements

February 26th - Beta 4
    Compiled from source (Based off of preludedrew's source)
    Multiple framework tweaks
    Removed stock launcher
    Removed a lot of junk apps
    Tweaked build.prop settings
    Added Papa Smurf's build.prop settings
    Changed minor bits of code for speed
    Attempted to work on Camera issues (no avail)

March 13 - B 4.5
    Updated build.prop settings
    Added init.d settings
    Fixed Camera (panorama and camcorder)
    Fixed video playback
    Fixed GPS lock issue for some people 
    Updated file system to EXT-4 (Testing!!!)

March 30 - B 5
    Updated build.prop
    New Kernel
    HWA (Hardware Acceleration)
    Apex Launcher
    Working Chrome browser
    FASTEST yet with quadrant over 1100 using smartass v2 governor

May 28 - B 6
    Fixed camera FCs, Camcorder, and Panorama (still no front facing)
    Fixed GPS; quick lock and stable
    Changed to CM9 Music App
    Removed some live wall papers
    Mason I Series 0.14 SBC with FSO kernel default
    Minor UI changes
    Better battery life
    Changed to T9 Dialer
    [URL]http://mazwoz.zamzow.us/Downloads/MazWoz-EVO-B6.zip[/URL]
    ***Screenshots***
    sc1.png
    sc2.png
    sc3.png

sc5.png
    sc6.png

thlinx,

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is. If I'm not learning and improving fast enough for you, by all means, teach me how to do it better. If my "tweaks" are not good enough, again show me how to do better. I implore you to learn this. It takes time, energy and mistakes.

I am also a real programmer. I develop software for the US Air Force. Over the last year I have written over 200,000 lines of code just for the Air Force. If you count what I have done off duty, I have probably put up more time, and text just in programming than you have flashing your phone.

Just because I am new to developing ROMs, doesn't mean I am a complete "noob" when it comes to programming/writing code/or development in general. I am learning what it takes to develop for Android. It is a separate beast.

Yes, if you want better than what I can offer at the moment, then you need to go with someone who has more time. If you think that my ROM is going backwards, then obviously you have not used too many ICS ROMs.

If you bash everyone that is just starting out, saying that they are not good enough, then you will never get GOOD ROMs. You will get nothing but continuous tweaks and moving of apk files. I have already started de-compiling some open source apks and trying to find some of the issues. I am looking at kernel development. I am looking into building from source. I don't think anyone in here can say they learned all of this in a day, or a week. Most people it takes months to learn how to build, develop and maintain a new operating system. If my "progress" is too un-progressive for you, that is fine. Don't talk trash because it's not good enough. Tell me what you would like "fixed" or changed, and I will work on it. OR, fix it yourself and stop trying to tear other people down.

Any further complaints, issues, or tear downs should be sent to me in a PM and not publicly on a thread where other people have enjoyed my work.

Thank you and have a nice day.
    Thread went off to a bad start, surprised you stuck around after that; but thanks a lot for this!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

I'm just glad that someone finally trusted me enough to download and flash. It did get off to a bad start. I should have put more info to start with. That was my fault. I really hope you guys like it. If you do, please click the thanks.
    Ok guys I am gonna say this once and once only. If it is not about the roms development then dont post it.

Arguing about if it is or is not development is pointless. Most Developers start out by theming a rom and work from there.

If you think you can do better then by all means go ahead but unless you can do it yourself you have no room to talk about the work others do.

Now I really hope I got my point across. For those that dont know me let me let you in on something. I only give one warning (This is it) and then it is a trip to bansville.
    I didn't know that thanks for the heads up.. Seems kinda strange though.. I mean does that mean we can pick any new phone or the same price bracket. So say I want the galaxy...

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

My bad I was being a hypocrit. I totally forgot you program.. I'm just so use to themers lately, I just assumed you were just another one of those guys that release a rom and all it has is a new theme added. My all means continue your work..

I understand, just please remember, that even though someone just "themed" a ROM, it doesn't mean they aren't learning. Everyone has to start somewhere. Please consider how your words can stop production of someone who could potentially fix all of your problems/make the best ROM you have ever used.

I have already caught enough flak/ been flamed enough on this thread. Considered giving up the first few days, but if I continue to get posts like this, I will not continue, I will quit and people can lose one more dev because someone decided to assume instead of think.

You have the potential to stop progress. You also have the potential to do it yourself. If that is what you want, continue down your current path. If not, then respect the people who are still working hard to learn this and bring you something new/better/faster.