[Request] [Xposed] Module to Swap Power Button With Vol+

Search This thread

fronc

The new m8 just got root, and I'd like to see if anyone could fix the issue i have with the hardware key placement. Specifically, the position of the power button annoys me quite a bit. On the old One it was at least accessible through your index finger, but the m8 must have been designed by lefties! :p

I'm looking for a module that would swap the function of the power key with the vol+ key to see if that will fix my little hangup with this phone. No pun intended.

Thanks!

fronc

The new m8 just got root, and I'd like to see if anyone could fix the issue i have with the hardware key placement. Specifically, the position of the power button annoys me quite a bit. On the old One it was at least accessible through your index finger, but the m8 must have been designed by lefties! :p

I'm looking for a module that would swap the function of the power key with the vol+ key to see if that will fix my little hangup with this phone. No pun intended.

Thanks!

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger complaint amongst m8 users. Well, if anyone finds anything, please let me know! Thanks!

fronc

I'm also not a fan of the power button being switched. At least we can double tap the screen to unlock. Cuts down the usage a bit.

Agreed, but it doesn't help when wanting to lock it quickly with one hand after the phone has already been unlocked. I'm more interested in that function than waking it. But glad to see I'm not alone in this.

steelersmb

Aug 10, 2010

krazya

Feb 8, 2013
What I did was use gravitybox > navigation key actions and then set back key long press to go to sleep. Works perfect but I am left handed so you might want a different key.

sidepocket

May 26, 2011

breakerfall

May 7, 2006
Hey guys -- I just posted a fresh thread for this, but since I assume you all have weaksauce+xposed working...

After my soft-reboot to install xposed, wifi would not turn on. Did anyone else have anything similar happen?

I did weaksauce, phone off/on, install xposed, full reboot (accidentally), enable xposed, soft reboot, then no wifi when the phone came back up.

Any ideas?