[Completed] Help with nextbook nx868qw8g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Max6891

Sep 3, 2014
Hello everybody,
want to ask your advice in re: following issue
I am going to use nextbook NX868QW8G tablet as an embedded advertisement solution ie it should start when external power gets plugged in. I can find a normal tech desc of this model in the internet even on the official site.

It have almost the same look&hardware as NX785QC8G availabe at wallmart but have slightly another cpu mtk8382 and embedded 3g modem which was the decisive factor since we need tablets to be updated remotely.
Here are system settings:

device-2014-09-05-115039.png
device-2014-09-05-115540.png
device-2014-09-05-115555.png

I have done the following:
1) rooted device via cydia impactor - root check apps from gplay are saying its rooted now + it has auto instaled chainfire SU to the tablet
2) run adb reboot-bootloader
3) run fastboot oem unlock
4) run fastboot oem off-mode-charge 0

I have tried doing it manually and through cydia impactor but in both cases the command thread for #3 and #4 seems to be in an infinite sleep - just displays "..." in command line shell and cydia impactor simply gets frozen for a couple of minutes then throws timeout exception.
I think its waiting my input after #3 but the screen remains black and it does nothing when I press on vol up/down/power buttons. It displays "OK [X sec]" when I call fastboot reboot from another shell window

In regards to the adb drivers and etc - device is visible through both 'adb devices' and 'fastboot devices' commands. Real mystery...

Please advice in which direction to seach and digg.

Any help will be highly appreciated,
Max

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts