totally stuck, but not bricked. big problem w/ htc rom update

Search This thread

corruptpc

Dec 27, 2008
Garden Grove, ca
i Download the HTC Fuze ROM Update- Version 5.11.502.2 WWE

after i flashed it and booted it, initial setup was taking place... it said it was setting up touchFLO. everything looked good.

until...

it just rebooted!

and it keeps cycling that way. it never gets to load windows.

i have read that other people have been having trouble with touchflo after the update... but now i cant even get windows to load.

ive been trying to find solution all day. about 15 hours. i cant even flash another rom into it. i cannot hard spl. anyone?

ark666

May 15, 2007
F. C. PORTO
Do u have a Fuze or a Diamond??

Fuze roms are for Fuze devices, Diamond roms are for Diamond devices only.

And you´re in the Diamond section.

You should check that.

corruptpc

Dec 27, 2008
Garden Grove, ca
i cannot find the original stock rom. htc.com does not have it. i also tried searching. there was a post in which a guy had the same problem. he was directed to a S.E.A. WWE ROM. i also downloaded it and gave it a try but i got an "invalid vendor id" error. i think that means i must hard spl. but i CANT. it hangs at 0%. and i cant sspl manual. cuz i cnt even boot into an OS.

yea, i have a FUZE. i am aware that fuze roms are for fuze devices and diamond roms are for diamond devices. since i have not been successful in flashing my fuze with stock OR updated rom from htc (mainly since i cannot find the stock rom,) i am trying to flash it with ANY compatible rom.. i just need this phone working at LEAST so i can boot to an Operating system.

i am stil searching and searching for a stock rom for this fuze.... because that seems like it is my only sure bet. if anyone already knows or can point me in another direction, that would be great. i will be contacting htc rightnow.

marcolero

Sep 16, 2008
Montes Claros
I do not know if this was your problem, but I realized that whenever I try to flash a new rom with usb devices connected on pc, the process stops. my luck that I did before hardspl
:)

try this link
and this

corruptpc

Dec 27, 2008
Garden Grove, ca
it worked. thanks alot

but it did not solve my initial problem... the reason why i flashed it in the first place.

my htc fuze did NOT resume from standby. this problem started suddenly one day. after the backlight dims after 30 sec, and then the lcd turns off after 1 min, pressing the power button did not wake my phone up. i was, however, able to turn the volume up and down, and heard the notification sounds.

since i could not manually hard reset my phone (the reset button did not work when pressed with my stylus) i decided to update my phone with the rom provided by htc website.

flashing was successful, but my phone kept rebooting before it loaded windows.

so now i had another problem. i couldnt even hard spl, or load any other rom. but thankfully, after much confusion and help from you guys, i found the stock fuze rom

after i flashed my phone with the rom you guys provided, i still had the problem in which my phone would not wake up after standby.

it turned out that getting a new sim card fixed my problem.
:confused:

kinda makes sense... well, somehow... because i read that another guy in this forum solved HIS problem by messing with the phone settings. (choosing gsm or 3g instead of auto)

i wonder if i should make another thread for this problem and its solution. bah....

i wonder how many people have sent in their phone for repair when the solution was as simple as this. i myself, thought my lcd was damaged. becuase my phone got wet couple months ago and smudged the screen. on top of that, this phone was bought refurbished. heh... what a dilema.

thanks all

nlel

Sep 24, 2007
Hi that was me that solved my Standby of Death problem by changing phone band option from AUTO to 3G only (also works if set 2G only from auto)...

Its good to hear that you also solved your Standby of Death problem but by changing SIM, this doesn't surprise me, did you also change provider or was it just a faulty sim?

I don't think a change of SIM would benefit me as I had the problem with my old SIM (I don't think my SIM is faulty per se not if they are all like that) besides changing the band setting from auto to either 3G only or 2G only works for me and I'm happy with that. If I didn't have a working solution I would def try changing SIM however and I don't want to discourage doing that.

Also I would only get the Standby of Death 2-3 times a week which coinceded with being in a weak 3G area (where the phone might auto switch bands) it didn't happen as often as you had it. The problem is def connected to the SIM card.

Obviously everything I've written above only applies to those who have the Standby of Death because of the SIM or settings which impact the SIM, to rule out a software cause are best to start with a hard reset.

Last edited:

shahzaib52

May 22, 2009
Hi that was me that solved my Standby of Death problem by changing phone band option from AUTO to 3G only (also works if set 2G only from auto)...

Its good to hear that you also solved your Standby of Death problem but by changing SIM, this doesn't surprise me, did you also change provider or was it just a faulty sim?

I don't think a change of SIM would benefit me as I had the problem with my old SIM (I don't think my SIM is faulty per se not if they are all like that) besides changing the band setting from auto to either 3G only or 2G only works for me and I'm happy with that. If I didn't have a working solution I would def try changing SIM however and I don't want to discourage doing that.

Also I would only get the Standby of Death 2-3 times a week which coinceded with being in a weak 3G area (where the phone might auto switch bands) it didn't happen as often as you had it. The problem is def connected to the SIM card.

Obviously everything I've written above only applies to those who have the Standby of Death because of the SIM or settings which impact the SIM, to rule out a software cause are best to start with a hard reset.
i had sufferd from the same problem as u.
but my problem was,i downloaded a radio rom patch which was going to make my jamin from 2g to 4g.i tried to install it and it makes my cell dead.becus of low battery.once ur cell phone becomes failure during rom flashing it will not accept even charging.now condition was same when i turn my cell phone it comes just for may be few seconds and becomes down but red light turns on some times.there is a way.charge ur mobile battery using desktop charger and make it charge just for 45 minuts or ur baterry will blown up.after this connect ur phone with usb cable and starts upgrading again.it will prove helpful.thank u...