[Q] S Note Help/Instruction?

Search This thread

grimloktt

Dec 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hello. I'm getting ready to start a class and have been using Lecture Notes but want to review S Note again to compare. Is there a help function somewhere that I can read all of its features? When I click on S Note Settings, help, it force closes. I'm running Hyperdrive (Note 3...new 10.1 on the way)...

Thnx!

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
Hello. I'm getting ready to start a class and have been using Lecture Notes but want to review S Note again to compare. Is there a help function somewhere that I can read all of its features? When I click on S Note Settings, help, it force closes. I'm running Hyperdrive (Note 3...new 10.1 on the way)...

Thnx!
S-Note is easy to use note taking apps.
Basically what you see there is all what you can get.
Some features I can tell you here:
  1. Pop-up Note : Double Tap + Pen Button on the screen
  2. S-Note : (While making new Note or Editing) Hand Icon on the bottom right corner to disable touch & use only S-Pen
  3. Long Press toolbar icons : floating related toolbar
  4. Tapping active toolbar icons : related toolbar function
  5. During Pen mode you can record your step by step / touch by touch action.
  6. Record Voice memo : useful to sync your note & the lecturer speaking sound.
  7. Adding tags to make searching easier.
  8. ...and many more (auto shape,handwriting recognition,formula recognition & solver,etc...)

Auto shape,handwriting recognition,formula recognition & solver are disabled if you are using Pop-up Note even if you edit your previous Note that you made by using Pop-up Note

Last edited:

grimloktt

Dec 23, 2010
S-Note is easy to use note taking apps.
Basically what you see there is all what you can get.
Some features I can tell you here:
  1. Pop-up Note : Double Tap + Pen Button on the screen
  2. S-Note : (While making new Note or Editing) Hand Icon on the bottom right corner to disable touch & use only S-Pen
  3. Long Press toolbar icons : floating related toolbar
  4. Tapping active toolbar icons : related toolbar function
  5. During Pen mode you can record your step by step / touch by touch action.
  6. Record Voice memo : useful to sync your note & the lecturer speaking sound.
  7. Adding tags to make searching easier.
  8. ...and many more (auto shape,handwriting recognition,formula recognition & solver,etc...)

Auto shape,handwriting recognition,formula recognition & solver are disabled if you are using Pop-up Note even if you edit your previous Note that you made by using Pop-up Note

Thank you. One of the specific questions I had was: I see there's a lasso feature. Once you lasso something, you can choose "cut." After you cut it, can you paste it somewhere else? Or, is there an option to move a selection?

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
Thank you. One of the specific questions I had was: I see there's a lasso feature. Once you lasso something, you can choose "cut." After you cut it, can you paste it somewhere else? Or, is there an option to move a selection?
It is not a S-Note feature, it's a S-Pen feature.
To use it just draw an intersecting line like a circle or box (it doesn't have to be a box or circle) on the screen while pressing & hold the S-Pen button.
When you release the button, there will be an apps list to put the selection.

grimloktt

Dec 23, 2010
OK. I figured it out. At the top of S-note is a dotted cloud. After selecting that, you can select something you wrote. If you choose to select cut, you can then paste it elsewhere on the S-note page by simply holding the stylus against the page w/ no button depressed. An option comes up to paste.