Xperia GX and Xperia SX announced by Sony Mobile Japan

Search This thread

dong2007

May 26, 2010
subsurface
Sony Mobile Japan has just announced two new handsets, the high-end Xperia GX and medium end Xperia SX. The Xperia GX looks like the update to the Xperia arc and we would expect at least this model to launch in the western markets. The Xperia GX was previously using the codename ‘Mint’. The Sony LT29i ‘Hayabusa’ will be the same as the Xperia GX without LTE functionality.
Source Link: http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/05/09/xperia-gx-and-xperia-sx-announced-by-sony-mobile-japan/

When I saw Xperia GX, I fall in love!

I've never really liked Xperia s design.
So it looks good that sony has made a different design (something similar Arc)

maliceomalice

Apr 26, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Any idea whether it will come to other country except japan? I dont want this to end up like xperia acro

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

dong2007

May 26, 2010
subsurface
Good news
People talking about the Xperia GX was previously using the codename ‘Mint’.
The Sony LT29i ‘Hayabusa’ will be the same as the Xperia GX without LTE functionality

chitose_ndy

Jan 30, 2011
Jakarta
Seriously man,
This is just the design what people want!
Xperia GX!
I hope sony Indonesia will sell it..
Even I kno its only a dream T_T

Sent from my Anzu using xda premium

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
The GX looks like an upgraded and reworked xperia arc :) :)

Sent from my sexy LT15i

Lancerfq

Aug 21, 2011
Middle of Nowhere interesting
The xperia gx will be coming to other country's it even says so, the lt29i will be the same as the gx without the lte functionality, guess what my upgrade will be :)

Sent from my gorgeous Xperia S using xda premium

shahzaib.khan

Aug 9, 2011
riyadh
Again duel core...aahhh htc n samsung are far away in the specs of smart phone than sony because there upcomming smart phones does have a core quad processor......

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

Okluzhion

Aug 7, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
Again duel core...aahhh htc n samsung are far away in the specs of smart phone than sony because there upcomming smart phones does have a core quad processor......

You do realize that all that dual, quad and I don't know what core is just a big piece of crap meant to attract customers, while in reality there is no need at all for such things for now. You can't possibly use such phones to their fullest, mainly because of android limits (single, dual and quad core phones perform almost the same on gingerbread; dual cores perform a bit better than single cores on ICS, though), but also I can't think of an app that would demand such thing. I have a fuqing dual core computer at home and the only thing it's missing is a bit more RAM, so I can't see for what reason would you need a PHONE with QUAD CORE.

Sent from my cracked Xperia arc

Reactions: frothe3

hari46

May 19, 2010
Xperia gx is the best looking android till date..buttonless makes it even better..and the snapdragon S4 processor is the best around..Sony have nailed it this time..waiting for the international version.

squalldua

Sep 27, 2011
BDG
the question whether that beast has a microsd or not, was eating me and would be a critical factor for me to consider it as a future phone of mine.

AND IT DOES!:):):):):)

check out this photo, taken from a Japanese blog:

link:
http://buzzap.jp/images/2012/05/16/docomo-xperia-gx-so04d/P1020753.jpg

blog link:
http://buzzap.jp/news/20120516-docomo-xperia-gx-so04d/

it's confirmed..
the Xperia GX has ICS(Android 4.0) on stock, has a micro sd slot, and is using normal chip(not micro-chip) !! :D

i'm soooooooo gonna get this! international release please! >.<

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You do realize that all that dual, quad and I don't know what core is just a big piece of crap meant to attract customers, while in reality there is no need at all for such things for now. You can't possibly use such phones to their fullest, mainly because of android limits (single, dual and quad core phones perform almost the same on gingerbread; dual cores perform a bit better than single cores on ICS, though), but also I can't think of an app that would demand such thing. I have a fuqing dual core computer at home and the only thing it's missing is a bit more RAM, so I can't see for what reason would you need a PHONE with QUAD CORE.

Great news!!its got micro sd!

the question whether that beast has a microsd or not, was eating me and would be a critical factor for me to consider it as a future phone of mine.

AND IT DOES!:):):):):)

check out this photo, taken from a Japanese blog:

link:
    http://buzzap.jp/images/2012/05/16/docomo-xperia-gx-so04d/P1020753.jpg

blog link:
    http://buzzap.jp/news/20120516-docomo-xperia-gx-so04d/
    Its weird why people want quad core or something more. U get that n then u complaint about how the battery life sucks bad.

Finally someone who got to the point, lol. Thank you.

I don't know where Sony's heading to and what their plans are, but I'd rather have them start working on a unique look, not just a copy-paste of previous Xperia phones or make phones like Xperia S, U and P that look the same with only the size being the difference on the outside. I don't want them to start acting like HTC or Samsung (power - yeah; looks - hell if I could say which model is which by the looks).