Beats Audio and xLoud mod

Search This thread

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Just a heads up to those who may not know, there is a Beats Audio/xLoud mod/port on the board and it works on the Atrix 2. Beats adds a deeper, cleaner bass and cleans up the mids/highs too. xLoud is a Sony Ericsson thing, it basically boosts the overall volume of ur audio. I just flashed this mod to my phone and holy ****, huge difference! I had to turn all my volumes down media/ringer/alarms. My good cans are packed (moving this weekend) so no testing with them yet but after hearing the difference I just heard with only the phone speaker I'm expecting to be very happy.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
Whoa - déjà vu! ;)

xLoud is included in the zip.

Audio volume really is increased overall (I too had to turn everything down) and the beats makes the bass sound sweet!

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Whoa - déjà vu! ;)

xLoud is included in the zip.

Audio volume really is increased overall (I too had to turn everything down) and the beats makes the bass sound sweet!
Yep, very noticeable difference. This one is much better than the first one w/o xLoud.

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008
Maybe its just me, but I can't seem to find a difference in quality using the car dock. Audio goes out the car docks 3.5mm jack to my Volvo s60r's stereo. I was hoping for some more volume.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

datnukkapenut187

Jun 16, 2008
I flashed the first beats mod without xloud, can I flash the xloud mod over it?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

NAB4

Jul 27, 2011
Tried this tweak last week and it's great. My highs have come alive and it sounds much cleaner.

iarejohnsmith

Mar 10, 2012
So how does the mod affect the Motorola stock equalizer?

I'm assuming the beats audio is only effective in the My Music app? So do I have to disable the "Effects" in settings to hear the Beats Audio? Or should I switch that to custom?

hankbizzo5

Nov 13, 2008
Ct,Eastern
This work well seems crisper...... Did notice if the bass is overpowering the mids and lows go to sound settings and un-tick enable audio effects..... For me with headphones will set effects enabled effects profile custom surround ambient eq bass punch WOW!!!!!

Last edited:

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
wait, so, it works by default, and all the additional effects are additional? but my system sounds are not any louder than they were before, which other people seem to be reporting
Mine are....I have had to turn all my volumes down since installing this mod. I haven't done any critical listening since I don't use my phone like that anyway, I was just hoping for louder system sounds and that's exactly what I got. The Beats is just an added bonus.

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
So im sorry but I did this. And to be honest it didn't sound better at all. In fact I think it was worse everyone keeps saying stuff like wow... what a difference. But I hear worse clarity, more bass but... im a musician and so sounds I hear more clearly maybe than most but Idk.... anyways like I said im not trying to be rude.

jshinn1

Nov 6, 2011
OnePlus 9
Google Pixel 6
So im sorry but I did this. And to be honest it didn't sound better at all. In fact I think it was worse everyone keeps saying stuff like wow... what a difference. But I hear worse clarity, more bass but... im a musician and so sounds I hear more clearly maybe than most but Idk.... anyways like I said im not trying to be rude.

Yea these are some of the same complaints I've heard about the actual beats headphones because they're made really for more hip hop songs and not a wide range of music the highs are where those headphones usually suffer IMO

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a heads up to those who may not know, there is a Beats Audio/xLoud mod/port on the board and it works on the Atrix 2. Beats adds a deeper, cleaner bass and cleans up the mids/highs too. xLoud is a Sony Ericsson thing, it basically boosts the overall volume of ur audio. I just flashed this mod to my phone and holy ****, huge difference! I had to turn all my volumes down media/ringer/alarms. My good cans are packed (moving this weekend) so no testing with them yet but after hearing the difference I just heard with only the phone speaker I'm expecting to be very happy.