[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] CM Nightly RIL Progress

Search This thread

TuxDroid

Mar 13, 2011
This thread is a place for devs to geeks out about the progress (and issues) related to getting the RIL working on CM9 for the HTC Rezound. Hopefully dmeadows013, JoelZ9614, & scotty1223 (plus any devs I missed) will start posting here on this topic. :D

khanam

Jul 26, 2010
Miami
The idea behind dev threads is for devs to post work they have commenced on. Not for us to set up a soapbox and expect the orators to come there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

champdr0id

Sep 21, 2010
Du Bois, PA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
You may want to take out "[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL]" from the thread name, and you may want to get this moved to general. Even more so, this thread serves no purpose, really. Us regular people would have nothing to contribute, and the devs are already helping each other however they can. Give it time and the ril will work.

mighty_markus12

Sep 18, 2011
This thread is a place for devs to geeks out about the progress (and issues) related to getting the RIL working on CM9 for the HTC Rezound. Hopefully dmeadows013, JoelZ9614, & scotty1223 (plus any devs I missed) will start posting here on this topic. :D

i see nothing wrong with making this thread to keep the nightly one clean. my question is which of our devs have experience with getting ril to work? is dmeadows just working on this or is scott & joel too?

dmeadows013

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
Hoboken, NJ
epicandroidroms.blogspot.com
i see nothing wrong with making this thread to keep the nightly one clean. my question is which of our devs have experience with getting ril to work? is dmeadows just working on this or is scott & joel too?

Scott is beginning to work on it. Joel is also starting to work on it too. I have had several people PM me and offer their skills. Also we have the legendary app developer and kernel/rom cooker Conap :D

TuxDroid

Mar 13, 2011
Scott is beginning to work on it. Joel is also starting to work on it too. I have had several people PM me and offer their skills. Also we have the legendary app developer and kernel/rom cooker Conap :D

Thanks for chiming in. I made this as a response to some posts going back and forth in another thread in hopes of spurring some good technical conversation. dmeadows013, are you good with this?

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk

dmeadows013

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
Hoboken, NJ
epicandroidroms.blogspot.com
Thanks for chiming in. I made this as a response to some posts going back and forth in another thread in hopes of spurring some good technical conversation. dmeadows013, are you good with this?

Yeah.. Most of the stuff we talk about is over gtalk though. Just more convenient.

Reactions: jackpot08

Deathbyfugu

Jan 2, 2011
I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff. Could somebody briefly explain what ril is?

Radio Interface Layer - basically the code that allows for communication between the radio hardware in the phone and the Android OS. Without a working RIL we have the ROM that dmeadows013 has (so amazingly and kindly) built for us that can function as a "mini android tablet" without a working data/voice connection.

dabomb697

Jun 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
Radio Interface Layer - basically the code that allows for communication between the radio hardware in the phone and the Android OS. Without a working RIL we have the ROM that dmeadows013 has (so amazingly and kindly) built for us that can function as a "mini android tablet" without a working data/voice connection.
Ah I see. Makes sense now. Thanks.

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
ok so i have been working on this for most of my night and i got calls to work, sort of. once the call is ended it will reboot the phone. im trying to get a log for it now but i will throw my notes onto git tonight or tomorrow morning and have the real devs have at it.

I think slayher had the same issue with CM7 on the tbolt. Maybe we should contact him to see how he fixed it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

tbot

Sep 24, 2008
slayer is deployed so he won't be of much help in all honesty. I believe what he did was create a secondary layer that worked between the RIL and the OS...but I could be completely wrong with that.

Either way...I think having calls working at all right now is a huge progress. Hopefully we see some more done soon!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ok so i have been working on this for most of my night and i got calls to work, sort of. once the call is ended it will reboot the phone. im trying to get a log for it now but i will throw my notes onto git tonight or tomorrow morning and have the real devs have at it.
    I'm a noob when it comes to technical stuff. Could somebody briefly explain what ril is?

Yeah.. Most of the stuff we talk about is over gtalk though. Just more convenient.

OMG... thank you! :eek: