[Q] LG Optimus L3 (E400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hecatae

Jul 7, 2010
Nice, will probably pick one up later this week. Stock GB kinda kills it, but with dedicated dev to ICS (based on a good kernel) it will be a killer budget/backup phone instead. How is the screen btw? Still usable outside?

screen is near perfect, I've actually dimmed the brightness completely and it perfectly legible for me

Reactions: irberserk

hecatae

Jul 7, 2010
Have you done something of bootable? i want to try :)

nothing booting yet, this is what I have so far, see anything that needs correcting?

http://www.multiupload.co.uk/QBAQO8YPB8

stock boot.img

Code:
Page size: 4096 (0x00001000)
Kernel size: 3311040 (0x003285c0) 
Ramdisk size: 490957 (0x00077dcd) 
Second size: 0 (0x00000000) 
Board name: 
Command line: androidboot.hardware=e0

cm7 boot.img

Code:
Page size: 4096 (0x00001000)
Kernel size: 3318000 (0x0032a0f0)
Ramdisk size: 143457 (0x00023061)
Second size: 0 (0x00000000)
Board name:
Command line: androidboot.hardware=e0

Last edited:

sorgur

Jul 12, 2012
TEMP Root

Hi everybody!

I just bought an Optimus L3 a few days ago.
After a whole day of searching, this one is the only forum I found dealing with this phone, and I'm really sad about this...
Well, to be honest, I'm totally new to this "root" thing, and the only thing I know is that I would like to "temp root" my phone, because I have 2 years of warranty for my new device.
So, my question is: Is there any way to "temp root" my Optimus L3?

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry for my bad english...)

irberserk

Jun 13, 2012
Palermo
Hi everybody!

I just bought an Optimus L3 a few days ago.
After a whole day of searching, this one is the only forum I found dealing with this phone, and I'm really sad about this...
Well, to be honest, I'm totally new to this "root" thing, and the only thing I know is that I would like to "temp root" my phone, because I have 2 years of warranty for my new device.
So, my question is: Is there any way to "temp root" my Optimus L3?

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry for my bad english...)

No problem lg is the only vendor that accept modified smartphone "ROOT" not invalid the warranty :)

Inviato dal mio LG-E400 con Tapatalk 2

bicky1310

Jul 12, 2012
Clockworkmod boot loop

I have a LG optimus L3 and yesterday it said there was a software update available. I chose to install the update, the phone restarted and since only boots into clockworkmod recovery v5.8.4.5.

Now, I now this was probably asked before, but I tried a few tutorials I found online and not one worked.

Is there any way I can get rid of CWM recovery and have my phone boot normally again? What if I send it to service/warranty? Is my warranty void because of the root?

I would really appreciate a step by step tutorial or a link to a method that will help me.

irberserk

Jun 13, 2012
Palermo
Page 43 of this thread. Root or cwm or others modifics not invalid warranty

Inviato dal mio LG-E400 con Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

daocong1609

Dec 29, 2011
Hà Nội
Help!

I have a LG optimus L3 and yesterday it said there was a software update available. I chose to install the update, the phone restarted and since only boots into clockworkmod recovery v5.8.4.5.

Now, I now this was probably asked before, but I tried a few tutorials I found online and not one worked.

Is there any way I can get rid of CWM recovery and have my phone boot normally again? What if I send it to service/warranty? Is my warranty void because of the root?

I would really appreciate a step by step tutorial or a link to a method that will help me.

me too! Help plz.....!

daocong1609

Dec 29, 2011
Hà Nội
OMG I have successfully!

You have to adb to bootloader from cmd line in windows
adb reboot-bootloader
and then fastboot stock recovery (see attachment)
and use from cmd line

fastboot

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

at last u type fastboot reboot
make sure u put adb / fastboot / recovery.img in preferably c:tools

Thank you very much!

sorgur

Jul 12, 2012
No problem lg is the only vendor that accept modified smartphone "ROOT" not invalid the warranty :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

So the rooting of an L3 doesn't invalid the warranty?
You mean, I can root an L3, and if anything happens to my phone, and I bring it back to the store with the warranty, they wouldn't tell if it's rooted or not?
Why is it? I mean, is it working like a temp root? There won't be any traces of rooting after rebooting the phone?

I'd like a temp root, but this is the only rooting tutorial I found until now:
digg(dot)com/newsbar/Technology/how_to_root_lg_optimus_l3_e400

Shuold I use this method to (temp) root my phone or is there any better or simpler way to do it?

roanja

Jan 5, 2010
Dordrecht
Xiaomi Poco F3
Like irberserk said, u will not loose ur waranty, and somewhere on this thread is a link for the dan rosenberg method. u can always reverse it with the stock.zip that is located in again......this thread to reverse to stock os. use the search button at the top of this page and look for it, it is straight foreward.

hecatae

Jul 7, 2010
Stock kernel minimum speed is 640mhz and maximum speed is 800mhz...

That minimum speed must be an error,

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

aisid

Dec 10, 2011
whats???

not the fact that things in the kernel, I made a backup of the standard firmware rekoveri top stitched cwm 7.2 and restored the default boot loader assembly in exactly the same hang-write on the logo,im sorry to my english

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

not the fact that things in the kernel, I made a backup of the standard firmware rekoveri top stitched cwm 7.2 and restored the default boot loader assembly in exactly the same hang-write on the logo,im sorry to my english

Yesterday I watched L5 and after 15 minutes of use, make sure that the CPU at 100% the same as free RAM on average 170 megabytes and it costs 2 times more expensive but the brakes:confused:

bicky1310

Jul 12, 2012
You know how there are games and apps that install data in Android/data/... on the 1gb internal memory? My question is how can I make the apps and games install those files on my 16gb microSD card??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just to keep you guys informed: The servers are on cooldown currently, so I am not working on the site right now. I am doing this from time to time to guarantee a good site performance. As for the download servers: I will upload the files to several hosting services and when one throws me out there will be only a couple of downloads unavailable for a few hours(there will be a page to show the server status so you can check that out too). I hope that this will solve all the issues I had before I left. Everything should be ready within two weeks from now(and this time I mean it :D)
    I had some sex with CM10 source and 3.4 kernel: :p
    2a80mc4.png
    I'm back!

Hi guys! It's been a long time since I banned myself from the internet because of school, but I'm back!
    The reason I left was because I had to focus on school if I wanted to make it this year, but this didn't work out as I wanted.

I have followed the blog that hecaex took over from me lately and I noticed that it has moved to another place several times.
    Well, those days will be over soon, because I'm 'rebooting' e400 ROMs and this time it will stay at the same place.

I'm working very hard to finish this new site, but I have some hosting issues(as usual:p), so I can't publish it right now.
    however, I can already give you some features of this new site that will be included:

- Pinboard style theme with featured images, It gives a grid effect which is very nice when browsing ROMs
    - Developers can submit their own ROMs!
    - you can become a member and have your own profile page(especially usefull for developers)
    - Direct messages to other members
    - ROM rating(so developers, you can now compete with eachother for the best rating:D)
    - A support chat at the bottom of the website, so you can ask me questions when I'm online through the chat

This is not everything yet, but it gives you a picture of what the new site will contain;)
    I will also work on the e400 ROMs app again and you will be redirected to a download page of it when you visit the site on mobile.
    I will post more info and the link soon and from now on I will be active in the facebook groups, this forum and the modaco forum again.

I hope you guys forgive me for leaving for nothing(since I screwed up this schoolyear anyway) and that you will like my new site!

Misterff1
    4shared.com/zip/gXvhV_JK/stock_recovery_restorer.html
    That was the zip that i used by the message ''stock recovery restored''

V10i i allready tried to.
    But im going to try it again after dinner :)

EDIT: This is where i downloaded the kdz file.

lg-phones.org/official-lg-optimus-l3-firmware-download.html

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

KDZ Settings

Type: 3GQCT
    Version: V10I_00
    Phonemode: DIAG

Result:
    L3 Reboots till LG logo, Like everytime
    Rebooting gets me back to CWM Recovery.

KDZ LOG FILE:
    http://www.4shared.com/office/qfvNu47T/KDZ_FW_UPD_log.html

You have to adb to bootloader from cmd line in windows
    adb reboot-bootloader
    and then fastboot stock recovery (see attachment)
    and use from cmd line

fastboot

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

at last u type fastboot reboot
    make sure u put adb / fastboot / recovery.img in preferably c:tools

Thanks Marvinzek for the files
    to be able to port bug-free cm10

i guess we have to upgrade our kernel first.

other devs hv been using this idea since then and successfully created good cm10 builds for other phones

wait for our cm maintainers (official and unofficial) because i know they are the only ones whos in capable of doing that or if u could release one, do it instead

Some really good devs are working on cm10 when they have the device...
    The team called TeamHackLG (2 guys are from pecancm team)
    Are working on cm10/.1/.2 for L5 and L7 and they will support our device too!
    They told me that they will get the l3 in some days and they will start instantly to build cm10 for us!