[ROM] NOCTURNAL XPLOD XE & SE [BRAVIA ENGINE] SE VERSION Updated 2/6/2012 [POST #3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rast4man

Dec 28, 2009
God's Waiting Room - Florida
I goofed regarding the lockscreen wallpaper. I had Go Locker installed from the previous ROM I was on and didn't do a full wipe. Uninstalled it and now it's fine. Thanks for the help though, much appreciated.

Regards,

rast4man

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Try this 0.0.4, it is mine and I just did what your trying to do with this one and 0.0.5 from OP. Dont know if you said you had downloaded again or not but might be woth a shot. Sorry, some phones are just not the same.

well, flashed your .4,but this time flashed from the INTERNAL SD, and lo and behold, it booted right up..

Then, flashed .5a, also from the internal, and BOOM, success!!

Thanks so much BTR, and the others for your suggestions and ideas...
I should have tried the internal SD from the get go, cause often that works when flashing from the internal doesn't!

BTW, what launcher do you guys recommend?

Reactions: greatlakesghost

sleshepic

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 18, 2011
PA
After trying Go and Adw, and so on, I always fall back to Launcher pro. Doesn't have the updates you see with Go or other launchers, in fact it may never have an update again(crosses fingers); but it has always been best for me on battery. And has nice Widgets etc.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Last edited:

MagPez77

Jun 24, 2009
Tampa
This with ADW EX is working real nice. I wish all the Sony widgets worked.

ae39c9a5-eb91-cf62.jpg

Last edited:

tpike

Searched the thread and got 13 results none answered my questions. 1 my flash of .5a didn't include the 4g toggle; 2 could someone post the wallpaper with the trees over the road?

AWESOME ROM. SUPER FAST, GREAT THEME CONCEPT.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

anthony92170

May 17, 2010
lancaster ny
How do u get volume+ to work tried everything no go? Also only glitch i found on 005se is music on lock screen not right missing words.

Team-Nocturnal

Oct 10, 2011
is anyone else having huge battery drain i lose like 15% in a hr on stand by

Try a different kernel. I have Desperado cooked into it, I prefer speed over batt life. Because I'm always flashing and testing, battery life isn't something I test. A different kernel might work better for you. You setup can affect that as well, are you oc'd or have you added any scripts?

reedsammy7

Nov 7, 2009
Lexington
I am having the same problems that BoricuaMaton was having. I ran this all day long (.5e XE) and didn't have any major problems besides what we all know is not working. Then all of a sudden yesterday evening it randomly rebooted itself so i didn't think too much about it but then it started doing it every 10-12 minutes. I have already reflashed and followed the steps to a T but still same issues. I saw a reply to BoricuaMaton post to flash stock and start fresh but was wondering if I just need to flash back to any stock rooted, wipe everything and try again. Please let me know because I REALLY love this ROM. Keep up the awesome work guys. Thanks

MagPez77

Jun 24, 2009
Tampa
I am having the same problems that BoricuaMaton was having. I ran this all day long (.5e XE) and didn't have any major problems besides what we all know is not working. Then all of a sudden yesterday evening it randomly rebooted itself so i didn't think too much about it but then it started doing it every 10-12 minutes. I have already reflashed and followed the steps to a T but still same issues. I saw a reply to BoricuaMaton post to flash stock and start fresh but was wondering if I just need to flash back to any stock rooted, wipe everything and try again. Please let me know because I REALLY love this ROM. Keep up the awesome work guys. Thanks

I had reboots again last night and I went back to Calkulin then wiped everything and did a system format after that I flashed Xpold XE 04 boot it and then flashed Xplod SE 05 and I have no reboot problems thus far.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

How did you get that style of folders

That's ADW EX launcher and those are the regular folders for it and ADW Green Theme from the market.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

is anyone else having huge battery drain i lose like 15% in a hr on stand by

I"m having bad battery life with this rom but I installed tegrak and under clocked at 800 with the lazy governor and I hope it gets better.

Reactions: mijjah74

reedsammy7

Nov 7, 2009
Lexington
I changed the lockscreen setting to where the lockscreen doesn't lock and downloaded magic locker and have not had the random reboots. hope it stays that way....fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] NOCTURNAL XPLOD XE & SE [BRAVIA ENGINE] SE VERSION Updated 2/6/2012 [POST #3]

Xplod_XE_logo.png

if0MfsfaAmsOk.gif

Xplod XE

The Goods
    Code:
    -Base is EL29
    -Sony Xperia Software
    -Sony PSP Live wallpapers
    -TimeScape widgets
    -[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRAVIA"]Sony Bravia Engine[/URL]
    -CRT on/off animation 
    -Sleek System Transitions 
    -hotspot hack]
    -Updated Market
    -Gtalk with video 
    -CIQ removed natively
    -Optimized the apk's 
    -Custom Sony Xperia GUI by Team-Nocturnal
    -Kerne for SG2 -- Rogue Desperado Kernel (Tks Steady Hawkin) found [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1341564"]HERE[/URL]
    -Optimization apps
    -Titanium Backup
    -Swype beta
    -Lots more, but not enough space

Whats not working
    Code:
    -Some Sony Widgets

Things to do
    Code:
    -Fix Timescape 
    -Fix PSP Live Wallpaper
    -Make this rom lag free(wait, I think it already is)
    -Lots more

Changelog
    Code:
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]Updated Changelog Can be Found at Team-Nocturnal.com[/COLOR]

Code:
    [B][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE="4"]How to Flash Xplod XE SG2 0.0.4 Only[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    -Wipe System
    -Wipe Data
    -Clear Battery Stats
    -Wipe Dalvik/cache
    -Flash rom
    -Boot and setup accounts
    -Reboot rom for widgets to apply

Download Xplod XE

XPLOD SE "SOMETHING SPECIAL" v0.2 - 02/06/2012

jshtDSt1EippW.gif

PLEASE VISIT TEAM-NOCTURNAL HERE
    http://team-nocturnal.com/forums

XPLOD SE v0.2 "SOMETHING SPECIAL" [2/06/2012]

Change Log, Version Details & Visuals
    Code:
    --Timescape Widget Works With Some FCs (When opening the App, choose Timescape)
    --Updated Some Apps
    --Added Volume Rocker
    --Fixed 4g Hotspot Hack
    --New Mms With Option for Black/White Background
    --Fixed Battery Charge Animation
    --Fixed Progress Bar
    --Re-Optimized and Cleaned Out Framework
    --Added ICS UI Sounds/Media
    --More Speed Scripts
    Code:
    [I][B][U][SIZE="4"]Instruction for Installing XPLOD SE[/SIZE][/U][/B][/I]

[SIZE="4"][SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"]Instructions for Flashing SE v0.2[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    1)Nand Your Current Setup
    2)Flash To Recovery and Wipe Everything but your SD
    3)Flash SE v0.2
    4)Enjoy

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"][B]IF COMING FROM SE v0.1, WIPE CACHE & FLASH SE v0.2 UPDATE ZIP BELOW[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B]THANKS TO qbking77 FOR THE HOW TO & REVIEW VIDEO!![/B]

SUBSCRIBE TO HIM HERE... [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/qbking77?feature=watch[/url]

HOW TO INSTALL VIDEO HERE... [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-_l0aWguMg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-_l0aWguMg[/URL]

VIDEO REVIEW HERE... [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGwhwCgemI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGwhwCgemI[/URL]

WATCH, LEARN & ENJOY! THEN PROCEED TO DOWNLOAD XPLOD SE! [/SIZE]

DOWNLOAD XPLOD SE v0.2 HERE

MIRROR HERE

DOWNLOAD UPDATE FROM SE v0.1 TO v0.2 HERE
    http://dev-host.org/uim

OLDER VERSIONS

DOWNLOAD TSM MOD 4 XPLOD SE v0.1 HERE

GALLERY AND TASK MANAGER FIX HERE

THANKS To Many Peoples For The Variety of IMAGES That Created the Look for the SE VERSION.

-chetan mohanty found HERE

-mariolcela found HERE

-Vertumus found HERE

And many others I know I'm forgetting. If you see your images, please let me know.

jbvyjHePm3jgNb.png
    j2W9yHk7IK4is.png

j2XiiROiRLKe1.png
    j4UkDUY7vpwXC.png

XPLOD SE v0.0.5a "NEW EDITION"

Code:
    -Added Maddoggins TSM Parts Mod -- Found [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1276553"]HERE[/URL]
    -Updated and Fixed Some Apps
    -Added Extended Reboot Menu
    -Added Boot Animation and Shutdown Animation
    -Added CRT Animation
    -Themed UI (Can be seen below)

DOWNLOAD XPLOD SE v0.0.5a HERE

MIRROR HERE

XE2.gif

Xplod XE v0.0.5 "NEW EDITION"

Code:
    -Added Extended Toggles Including 4g -- Tks to gtg465x - His Rom Can Be Found [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386280"]HERE[/URL]
    --Does not include Maddoggins TSM Parts
    -Updated and Fixed Some Apps
    -Added Extended Reboot Menu
    -Added Boot Animation and Shutdown Animation
    -Removed CRT Animation by Default
    -Themed UI (Can be seen below)

DOWNLOAD XPLOD SE v0.0.5 HERE

MIRROR HERE

jbcUUhDeB5OKD8.png
    j4ZbKEYJrX310.png

Adding a launcher from the market doesn't compare to the time spent by XS building this rom. Its much more than throwing on a launcher. Lots of time was spent porting in the libs, permissions, etc to get most of things to work. But thanks for making it sound like a simple 5 minute project. :)

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like that its just how I see it as a average user I know there is alot more going on that is unseen to people like me. And I think when this rom is complete it will be highly enjoyable I love the Sony experia UI and all that and honestly I can't wait till its done.

I'm really a nobody on XDA. I've been registered since mid-09 but, I don't really say anything unless it needs to be said (I have 12 posts including this one). I keep quiet and read the stickies and step by steps. I've been doing this since the G1. I choose to give my thanks by small donations here or there for ROMS that obvious effort has been put into. I don't ask questions, because I know how to search and anything I'm going to asked has been asked and answered 99.9% of the time (I've started exactly 1 thread in the correct forum). I don't flame, harass or put anyone down unless they're truly being a turd burglar.

I'm telling you all this because I want you to understand who I am on XDA. And who I am on XDA is pretty much a direct reflection on who I am in RL. I'm quiet and self sufficient. I'm helpful and not normally rude. I'm an Android geek that while not good a coding and couldn’t program my DVR without instructions (yet I have never bricked a device (oh yeah "knocking on wood) because I read and or watch the guides about 100 times before I attempt anything new), can still realize the work put into what the Devs here do for us.

Remember that they do this for free. Sure, they may put up a Donation link but, it's not mandatory. They spend their free time making our user experience better. They could do all this work and not share but, they do share and that's just effing cool. Might want to think about how you're saying things in the future. What you say might not be what you mean...I understand that and others may too but, it belittles what the Devs do when you make comments like that without thinking it through.

All that being said I would like to be put on as an alpha tester public or private.
    one for me.........
    Blend & xplod updates later today. added volume rocker and fixed 4g hotspot hack. cleaned up and opted the framework again. made rom faster if u can believe it. new mms. some new images. Updated some apps like maps. Other stuff im forgetting. any other requests befoe i finish?

Sent from Mijjah74z Sammy

Sent from Mijjah74z Sammy