Free 50 gigs storage!!

Search This thread

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Just noticed this when reading on Pulse app. So BOX is giving away free 50gigs of cloud storage for life. Just signed up and got mine no problem:p. Now I have a total of 100gigs with Dropbox & BOX very sweet:D. Just taught I'd share what I found. :beer:
Edit: total online storage is at 400GB for me now!

Here's the link for who ever wants or needs it: https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Side note: if you want more than 50 gigs! iappledev posted some info on how to go about that. Thanx
Tried it and it works great. Here's his post
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38026048

Here is my account with my others linked to one 300GB total.
gumu8umu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• Image-693736674.jpg
    Image-693736674.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,647
Last edited:

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
One catch is that they limit your uploads to 100MB per file, unless you start paying them.

You can get a free 50GB from mega.co.nz without that restriction. Also, mega does in-browser encryption before uploading, which is good for privacy. They never see your encryption key, so they can't decrypt your files even if they want to.

But isn't this whole thread off-topic here?

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
One catch is that they limit your uploads to 100MB per file, unless you start paying them.

You can get a free 50GB from mega.co.nz without that restriction. Also, mega does in-browser encryption before uploading, which is good for privacy. They never see your encryption key, so they can't decrypt your files even if they want to.

But isn't this whole thread off-topic here?

Oh ok on that web site. But I know they limit you. It's good for someone, that needs picture or music storage. To have anywhere you have internet access.
And it's off topic to share what I found! That's why it's in the General section...:cool:
Just my 2¢:sly:

Last edited:

nyrican779

Aug 17, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa
Just signed up waiting for confirmation email to arrive and should be good to go.

Thx for the info.

*received email every thing worked great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Reactions: RichMD

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Thanks for the post. I also installed the Windows 7 version and now I get many survey posts via pop up windows. Not sure it is related. Anyone have a similar experience?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Well I'm running Windows 8 and no pop ups here:confused:. That I know of!
Plus I'm usually using this on my phone. That's why I posted it, so everyone can have some extra storage on there device.

honbut

May 4, 2010
Awesome find.. signed up and running =P..

I noticed that there is a bandwidth limit... is that the monthly data allowance?? and my max upload size seems to be 250 not 100 :D

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Awesome find.. signed up and running =P..

I noticed that there is a bandwidth limit... is that the monthly data allowance?? and my max upload size seems to be 250 not 100 :D

Tnx.:)
Not sure on the bandwidth limit. Ok just checked the limit you spoke of. Mine shows 0-10 GB. But not sure if it's monthly tho? But will do some checking to find out for you! But yes the upload limit is at 250mb for the free account.:mad:

Edit: found the bandwidth info U asked of!
https://support.box.com/entries/21543487-What-is-the-bandwidth-limit-

Last edited:

velveteen71

Dec 13, 2010
Toronto (burbs)
I signed up and got the Box app on my phone. Now I have a weird issue: if a gmail comes in and I attempt to open it via clicking on the notification in the notification window, a box opens asking which app I want to use to open the email, Gmail or Box? Naturally, I choose Gmail, whereupon the phone hangs for a few seconds, then reboots.

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Same thing here. It happened on two seperate occasions but no reboot. I had to pull the battery. It hasn't happened since. Goes straight to my gmail without the choice now.

iAppleDev

Jan 8, 2012
Sign up with each of your emails and you get 50GB x number of your email address. If you have your own domain Email you@yourBiz.com not a you@gmail.com or hotmail.com.... your can share the 50GB with other employees with same domain Email *@yourBiz.com. So what I did was created 10 new email accounts called folder1@yourBiz.com, folder2@yourBiz.com,.......,folder10@yourBiz.com then set up all ten accounts with Box then I created 1 folder in each account named the same as the account folder1,folder2.....,folder10 then I share all the folders with 1 main Box account "admin@yourBiz.com" and give it permissions to add and edit the folder.Then when I log into the "admin@yourBiz.com" account there will be 10 folders called folder1,folder2,.....,folder10 each folder is 50Gb and you can add and edit all 11x50Gb folders from the one account:^) *plus you can access all your other Box 50GB accounts from 1 Box account by sharing folders.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just noticed this when reading on Pulse app. So BOX is giving away free 50gigs of cloud storage for life. Just signed up and got mine no problem:p. Now I have a total of 100gigs with Dropbox & BOX very sweet:D. Just taught I'd share what I found. :beer:
    Edit: total online storage is at 400GB for me now!

Here's the link for who ever wants or needs it: https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Side note: if you want more than 50 gigs! iappledev posted some info on how to go about that. Thanx
    Tried it and it works great. Here's his post
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=38026048

Here is my account with my others linked to one 300GB total.
    gumu8umu.jpg

Sign up with each of your emails and you get 50GB x number of your email address. If you have your own domain Email you@yourBiz.com not a you@gmail.com or hotmail.com.... your can share the 50GB with other employees with same domain Email *@yourBiz.com. So what I did was created 10 new email accounts called folder1@yourBiz.com, folder2@yourBiz.com,.......,folder10@yourBiz.com then set up all ten accounts with Box then I created 1 folder in each account named the same as the account folder1,folder2.....,folder10 then I share all the folders with 1 main Box account "admin@yourBiz.com" and give it permissions to add and edit the folder.Then when I log into the "admin@yourBiz.com" account there will be 10 folders called folder1,folder2,.....,folder10 each folder is 50Gb and you can add and edit all 11x50Gb folders from the one account:^) *plus you can access all your other Box 50GB accounts from 1 Box account by sharing folders.
    I'm trying to fill each of my 50 gb accounts close to the max because I know that some companies will sneakily lower the storage capacity of free users who are no where near their max. Microsoft/MSN/hotmail screwed me out of a free 25gb sky drive account because I only used 1gb over the course of my membership.

Guess I'm have to do the same thing myself. Lol

Maybe, but they make no commitment to that. From the fine print: "We reserve the right to modify or replace these Terms at any time in our sole discretion... If you don't agree to any of the changes, we're not obligated to keep providing the Service, and you must cancel and stop using the Service.".

Ok thanx. Honestly I use it for pics music and other small things. It's not that big of a deal to me if they lower the storage capacity on my account.:what: That's why it's free#1. And your bringing up the fine print. I have never read the fine print nor let alone instruction on how to do anything. I just get it done one way or another:sly:. Sidenote: I also have like 5+terabytes of storage. For my real important things. I would never ever put them online. Don't trust it that much like some people do.
    Just my 2¢:cool:

Just signed up for it and it worked with no problems. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

No problem...:cool:
    Pass it on to who ever you know that needs cloud storage! Friends & family.. lol

Just signed up waiting for confirmation email to arrive and should be good to go.

TSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

No problem, glad it worked here to help ;)

Thank you very much mate.

Thank you very much mate.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

No prob:D