Can't install ROMS

Search This thread
Sep 7, 2008
Kansas
I'm stuck. I've been trying to install a ROM, any ROM for the past 8 hours. I can install modems, change the bootloader, install everything else but it immediately fails on trying install a ROM. I've run out of options, and I have no idea what to do. I had it rooted on 4.4.2 and everything was fine but as soon as a ROM was attempted, it failed. What do I do? I've been downloading every rom from stock to rooted and odexed to deodexed. It's soft bricked, I can get into recovery and downloader but when in downloader it still won't install a ROM and I get an error saying my rom is corrupted and that's including on the one click installers. Also. when I'm in TWRP I'm able to access the internal storage but it immediately fails but when I'm in CWM it doesn't see the internal storage and I can only install off of the external sd card, but it still fails.Help!

Last edited:

doughboy72764

Jan 15, 2011
Sammobile.com

I'm stuck. I've been trying to install a ROM, any ROM for the past 8 hours. I can install modems, change the bootloader, install everything else but it immediately fails on trying install a ROM. I've run out of options, and I have no idea what to do. I had it rooted on 4.4.2 and everything was fine but as soon as a ROM was attempted, it failed. What do I do? I've been downloading every rom from stock to rooted and odexed to deodexed. It's soft bricked, I can get into recovery and downloader but when in downloader it still won't install a ROM and I get an error saying my rom is corrupted and that's including on the one click installers. Also. when I'm in TWRP I'm able to access the internal storage but it immediately fails but when I'm in CWM it doesn't see the internal storage and I can only install off of the external sd card, but it still fails.Help![/QUOTE

First off dont panic. Just go to sammobile.com and make an account. then search firmware by your phone model and carrier. that will bring up the most current firmware you will need to restore your phone. then download it. then save it in a new folder on your desktop and unzip in folder.
start the program odin, on computer then put your phone into restore most by holding the power, home and down vol button at the same time until it vibrates twice and then you will vol up. go back to odin and click on the tab that says AP and find the firmware that you saved on desktop in the new folder you made then click on the long text which is the firmware file you installed and let the odin program settle for a minute then hit start. the will make your phone like new. dont up plug when you see progress bar start wait for it to Finnish it take a while.
Need a visual? search youtube for sammobile.com on how to fix samsung note 3

Sep 7, 2008
Kansas
I'm stuck. I've been trying to install a ROM, any ROM for the past 8 hours. I can install modems, change the bootloader, install everything else but it immediately fails on trying install a ROM. I've run out of options, and I have no idea what to do. I had it rooted on 4.4.2 and everything was fine but as soon as a ROM was attempted, it failed. What do I do? I've been downloading every rom from stock to rooted and odexed to deodexed. It's soft bricked, I can get into recovery and downloader but when in downloader it still won't install a ROM and I get an error saying my rom is corrupted and that's including on the one click installers. Also. when I'm in TWRP I'm able to access the internal storage but it immediately fails but when I'm in CWM it doesn't see the internal storage and I can only install off of the external sd card, but it still fails.Help![/QUOTE

First off dont panic. Just go to sammobile.com and make an account. then search firmware by your phone model and carrier. that will bring up the most current firmware you will need to restore your phone. then download it. then save it in a new folder on your desktop and unzip in folder.
start the program odin, on computer then put your phone into restore most by holding the power, home and down vol button at the same time until it vibrates twice and then you will vol up. go back to odin and click on the tab that says AP and find the firmware that you saved on desktop in the new folder you made then click on the long text which is the firmware file you installed and let the odin program settle for a minute then hit start. the will make your phone like new. dont up plug when you see progress bar start wait for it to Finnish it take a while.
Need a visual? search youtube for sammobile.com on how to fix samsung note 3

I'm panicking because I've done that and it immediately fails no matter what ROM I attempt to use.

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
Are you using the correct version of recovery, you need version 2.7 or better with TWRP when flashing 4.4.2 ROMs?
Try using Philz (in my signature)