[Q] Nexus 5 Brick/Soft Brick

Search This thread

Quart77

Aug 28, 2014
Hey guys,

New to this forum so I hope someone can help me out with this issue.

CM11
Running ART
TWRP installed
Rooted
Unlocked bootloader.

CM11 has been running fine for me for quite a while until i switched it over to ART. It ran for a few days and then all of a sudden..BAM... it dies and wont boot into the OS or the TWRP now. I can get into the CM11 start screen and even to the point where it says"updating apps" it boots into the phone but starts giving me phone errors and then reboots itself into the CM11 logo screen..yadda yadda yadda.

Also, I cannot boot into TWRP. I get to the TWRP screen and it freezes on the TWRP initial screen, the screen without the options.

when I run fastboot and run a "Adb devices" in the command prompt i get the "emulator-5554 offline" error.

I have tried flashing twrp and even CWM onto the nexus 5, nothing seems to happen

Im in a jam and i hope someone can help me through this.

Thanks guys

Quart77

Aug 28, 2014
I looked at the Droid@screen and was not able to download the program, keep getting a bad gateway off their site.

I also opened up Eclipse and found my emulator is offline, im still trying to figure out how to use it as we speak.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I looked at the Droid@screen and was not able to download the program, keep getting a bad gateway off their site.

I also opened up Eclipse and found my emulator is offline, im still trying to figure out how to use it as we speak.

Try flashing the factory image in fastboot.

Also, adb commands are not going to work in the bootloader. You need fastboot commands.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

shhbz

Jul 19, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Last edited:

Quart77

Aug 28, 2014
Yah I installed the adb drivers, or at least I believe they are installed. I checked off the ones that needed to be installed. The device is showing up on Device manager as well

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Yah I installed the adb drivers, or at least I believe they are installed. I checked off the ones that needed to be installed. The device is showing up on Device manager as well

What happens if you lock the bootloader then reboot? Does it stay locked?

Quart77

Aug 28, 2014
What command would I give in Fatboy to do that? Sorry still new to this game

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

Quart77

Aug 28, 2014
Here is what i get:

Also, when i give the lock command it locks the bootloader.

As soon as I reboot the loader, it says LOCK STATE: UNLOCKED again

Last edited:

Quart77

Aug 28, 2014
So I guess there is no way to unroot it at this point? I called google and they want me to unroot it to return it.

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So I guess there is no way to unroot it at this point? I called google and they want me to unroot it to return it.

I don't think there is going to be a way. But I'd try this. Download the bootunlocker script from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40409356

Also have the twrp recovery image on your PC. Then boot into the bootloader. Try

fastboot boot recovery.img. Where recovery. img is the twrp recovery image. If that works it'll boot into twrp.

If it works adb push the bootunlocker script to your device and install it in twrp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

Quart77

Aug 28, 2014
So just an update, they are going to RMA the device. I told them everything I did to it and they are still going to take it back. Let's hope it is that emmc flash memory, it should be covered under the warranty as a hardware defect. Well I'm assuming it is ;).

Thanks for the help, unfortunately nothing seemed to fix it. Ah well we tried. I will update everyone on the process, so ppl in the future know if Google will honor that warranty.

Cheers

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
So just an update, they are going to RMA the device. I told them everything I did to it and they are still going to take it back. Let's hope it is that emmc flash memory, it should be covered under the warranty as a hardware defect. Well I'm assuming it is ;).

Thanks for the help, unfortunately nothing seemed to fix it. Ah well we tried. I will update everyone on the process, so ppl in the future know if Google will honor that warranty.

Cheers

Good luck on it!

Quart77

Aug 28, 2014
So an update: Google did not charge me for the return and the new one is up and going. Amazing, this is why I will continue to buy their products.

Cheers guys