Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 12.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sschrupp

Jul 27, 2008
Iowa
Stock. Waiting for super simplified way to go from stock to custom ROM.

I'm perfectly capable of running a couple different one click things, registering with certain websites, slicing throats of chickens, etc. to get a custom ROM onto my stock phone. I'm just happy enough with how the phone currently is that until custom ROMs are as easy to install as on other phones it's not worth the effort to me yet. And I know it'll happen eventually with the awesome devs we have around here.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Any reason you aren't upgrading? I was on CleanROM 2.1 for the longest time, then I switched to MIUI, now I'm going to CleanROM 3.1.

It's perfect, no reason to upgrade. 2.6 uses the 1.85 base which I have had great luck with. 3.0 uses 1.88 which I had problems with in the past. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

jburkco

May 14, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa

I'm perfectly capable of running a couple different one click things, registering with certain websites, slicing throats of chickens, etc. to get a custom ROM onto my stock phone. I'm just happy enough with how the phone currently is that until custom ROMs are as easy to install as on other phones it's not worth the effort to me yet. And I know it'll happen eventually with the awesome devs we have around here.

Easy to install? How are they not easy? Download, boot into recovery and tap to install...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

SoberGuy

Jan 2, 2008
Orange County, CA
Sick Sense here. Love it.

I don't mean to flame anyone, but with all the work that goes into Recovery, Unlocking, Root, ROMs, etc.... A one-click root-me, unlock-me, install recovery, and then flash a super spiffy ROM is being incredibly demanding, lazy, and ungrateful.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland

Yeah, it literally can't get any easier. I don't know why you think it's difficult. Just boot into recovery and flash, and what else are you expecting?

rquinn19

Feb 10, 2007
Phila
Easy to install? How are they not easy? Download, boot into recovery and tap to install...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it literally can't get any easier. I don't know why you think it's difficult. Just boot into recovery and flash, and what else are you expecting?

It isnt that simple. The htvdev part scares people away. Kinda like registering with Honda to put a fart can on your crx :D

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Saenzscene

Jun 30, 2011
El Paso
CleanRom DE 3.1.1 with dual core mod and multitasking mod. Loving the rom and performance! Developer is really helpful and responds to everything.

Sent from my HTC One X

shawn1224

Feb 2, 2010
Currently switching between CleanRom DE 3.1.1 and CM9 Alpha 4. Still unsatisfied with battery life on both, but mainly CM9.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

soapbubble

Apr 27, 2011
I keep swapping between cobra and clean. I want to give CM9 a chance, but it just seems like they have a bit to work out before I give it a try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nocturnal Xi40. Great battery and fast.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    Nocturnal Xi40 here. Great battery, fast, and has the least amount of bugs that I have seen.
    Is that for the international? This is in the AT&T forum.

No its for the att version. Just not posted on xda

http://www.wcxxperia-nce.com/viewtopic.php?t=545

You have to register to view it. And there's a minimum of 10 post required to download roms. Its a small but tight community there. Very enjoyable forum.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk 2
    Oh, you don't have to root and unlock the bootloader now? Or are you assuming I've already done those steps?

I'm talking absolutely stock here. Not rooted and unlocked bootloader. So if you're saying I can now download an application, plug my phone in, and run the application to upgrade from a completely stock, unrooted, un-unlocked bootloader, then I take it back and will install one pronto and change my vote from other! :)

And I never said it was difficult. Just why would I go through a bunch of steps when the phone works perfect for me as is?

I've had phones in the past that only required a person to hook it to the computer, boot into recovery, then run an application all from a completely stock phone. What's wrong with waiting for that and appreciating the work that was required to achieve that state?

I never said I didn't appreciate the hard work already performed. I've been around these forums a long time and provided my fair share of gratitude, praise, and thanks where it's deserved. I've jumped through MANY hoops over the years on some phones to get the latest and greatest ROM. I've just learned to be more patient is all especially considering how satisfied I am with how this phone is running completely stock.

So the poll asked what we're using for a ROM. I marked other, and I shared my opinion why stock works just fine for me. Sorry if someone using stock that doesn't feel a big urge to jump through hoops offends some of you. *shrug*

I don't think we're gonna get anything like that. We're all fine with the way things are. Good luck on that wait. The past 4 devices I've had over the years have all used the same setup.

Sick sense da Bess. U get profiles as to what you want your phone to run at ! Power - battery- or half n half ;) Ftw