I need guidance! Gionee elife e7 mini

Search This thread

adwaitk007

Jul 10, 2009
Jaysingpur
Hello guys,
After reading lot of reviews I have changed my mind from buying Htc 816 to gionee mobiles. Around my budget and requirement I found gionee e7 mini a best suitable for me.

What I need to ask is about it's 1gb RAM. According to me it should be enough. I am not a hard core gamer. Infact my current phone don't have enough memory to run any of most games so I have been away from gaming since last couple of years. What I mostly use it for surfing, calling, watsapp,etc.

So is e 7 mini sufficient for these activities?

Also what is overall feedback about Gionee as a so called "Chinese" company. When Micromax's Canvas series was out, I read lot of god reviews but after few months it was turn table. So I don't want to regret by going after a Chinese brand. Your suggestions are more valuable!

adwaitk007

Jul 10, 2009
Jaysingpur
Finally my baby is in my hands now!!! Took a long while to make this decision and Just hope it will not disappoint me!!

1st impression: wow! whatta master piece!! Looks a lot premium and once can hardly guess it's a Chinese mobile. I guess they are redefining the "Chinese mobile tag".

Most impressive thing to mention, they have service centers in almost each district on Maharashtra and I never expected this! Just fingers crossed and I will update my experience on this thread with my elife e7 mini

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Updates for S5.5 is coming later this month or early next month, so to say don't expect updates is not correct.

Sent from my S5.5 using Tapatalk

They have been coming for 3 months now.. It's almost time for the next Android version and we are still stuck on a version 2 and a half years old..

Not to mention all the custom roms and kernels that we have.. Thanks to them releasing the kernel sources..

Moreover they just released 4.3 for the lte version of e7 now. When they promised 4.4..

Sent from my E7

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
They have been coming for 3 months now.. It's almost time for the next Android version and we are still stuck on a version 2 and a half years old..

Not to mention all the custom roms and kernels that we have.. Thanks to them releasing the kernel sources..

Moreover they just released 4.3 for the lte version of e7 now. When they promised 4.4..

Sent from my E7

thanks to them releasing kernel sources?? they released kernel sources?? btw any sucess of flashing the 4.3 on the e7

Indian Devil

Sep 3, 2012

Sent from my E7
OK. I wasn't aware of the updates or promised updates for E7 but I have heard from a very reliable source that update for 5.5 is coming on 27th. He gave me a very specific date but I still take 2 weeks plus/minus.

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
thanks to them releasing kernel sources?? they released kernel sources?? btw any sucess of flashing the 4.3 on the e7

You gotta start understanding sarcasm mate! :p

And no.. It was quite useless.. It has the msm8974pro.. I don't think we can use it.. It did boot up once though.. But nothing much was working.. Extremely laggy. Probably it was clocked at 2.5GHz.. Not sure.. Needs more work nonetheless..

OK. I wasn't aware of the updates or promised updates for E7 but I have heard from a very reliable source that update for 5.5 is coming on 27th. He gave me a very specific date but I still take 2 weeks plus/minus.

Eh! Nevermind.. Updates are good no matter what.. Then again any idea e7? I have never come across any news for its update..

Sent from my E7

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
You gotta start understanding sarcasm mate! :p

And no.. It was quite useless.. It has the msm8974pro.. I don't think we can use it.. It did boot up once though.. But nothing much was working.. Extremely laggy. Probably it was clocked at 2.5GHz.. Not sure.. Needs more work nonetheless..

hehe...btw what abt cm..did u started??....im still downloading sources:eek:

koolsk

Jul 3, 2012
Weather App and Messaging App

yeah!! Got 4.4.2 kitkat done today!!!

It's awesome!! Gionee e7 mini rocks!!!

Hi ,I have updated my e7 mini to kitkat too..But the weather app doesn't update the temp for me.
Also sometimes I receive a message and when I open it from notification it's gone.
I also feel the battery back up has decreased a bit after kitkat update.Have u faced any of the issues.

It's surprising for such a great phone there are almost no users/developers on xda

Thanks
Jnana

adwaitk007

Jul 10, 2009
Jaysingpur
Hi ,I have updated my e7 mini to kitkat too..But the weather app doesn't update the temp for me.
Also sometimes I receive a message and when I open it from notification it's gone.
I also feel the battery back up has decreased a bit after kitkat update.Have u faced any of the issues.

It's surprising for such a great phone there are almost no users/developers on xda

Thanks
Jnana

Hi,
Have you checked weather app settings? There is an option you need to turn on called "automatic update". it's working fine with me.
Also I have noticed improved battery backup. I am not sure what is wrong with your device.
Well yes, I too have the notification bug. It shows "unread count" even if there are no new unread SMSs. I asked to their service center and they said it's "operator's issue. not ours" lolz! dumbass!!

Anyways I am working on a custom ROM and soon it will be available here. ;)

koolsk

Jul 3, 2012
Hi,
Have you checked weather app settings? There is an option you need to turn on called "automatic update". it's working fine with me.
Also I have noticed improved battery backup. I am not sure what is wrong with your device.
Well yes, I too have the notification bug. It shows "unread count" even if there are no new unread SMSs. I asked to their service center and they said it's "operator's issue. not ours" lolz! dumbass!!

Anyways I am working on a custom ROM and soon it will be available here. ;)

Yea I turned on the automatic update..Now it's updating.But compared to other weather apps it really shows different temp..Anyway it doesn't matter..I think for a few days my battery drain was kinda unpredictable or sometimes it would come down rapily all of a sudden..But now I think it's way better :)..No compaints there...lol@operator issue..It's definitely a bug.Even Gionee India tweeted they were aware of this issue..It's a great phone.Really sad to see almost no developers on XDA...At least we have you :D..Also are you able to root after Kitkat update?

adwaitk007

Jul 10, 2009
Jaysingpur
Hi,
I found a temporary solution for the message bug.

1.Go to settings>> apps
2.Roll over to "All apps" tab
3.Find Novi launcher>> clear data
4.Find messaging app>> clear data
5.Reboot your device.

##########Caution ##########
By clearing the data of Novi launcher, all folders you have created will be gone and you will see all of your apps scattered. So you have to take the pain to re categories them.

By clearing data of messaging app, all settings will be restored. You have to again customize them according to you.
###########################

Though this is not a permanent solution, still you can get rid off that irritating message count notification.

Regards,
Adwait

Sent from my E7mini using XDA mobile app

Reactions: catalinbordan

adwaitk007

Jul 10, 2009
Jaysingpur
New custom ROM under testing!

Hello guys,
A good news for gionee e7 mini community! I am working on a custom ROM, a miui port which is under testing. Once I find it working properly, I will upload it for all of you! Wish me a good luck!!

Reactions: najamahmedisb

adwaitk007

Jul 10, 2009
Jaysingpur
Teaser!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! Guys! Here is the 1st teaser!! ;)

Attachments

• picture002.jpg
    picture002.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 769
  • picture003.jpg
    picture003.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 456
Reactions: najamahmedisb

chintancj

Oct 28, 2014
e7 mini

Hey, I also updated my e7 mini, but haven't rooted it yet. I guess I am facing some battery issues! I want to know if it's better to root because my cell is still in warranty period.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I found a temporary solution for the message bug.

1.Go to settings>> apps
    2.Roll over to "All apps" tab
    3.Find Novi launcher>> clear data
    4.Find messaging app>> clear data
    5.Reboot your device.

##########Caution ##########
    By clearing the data of Novi launcher, all folders you have created will be gone and you will see all of your apps scattered. So you have to take the pain to re categories them.

By clearing data of messaging app, all settings will be restored. You have to again customize them according to you.
    ###########################

Though this is not a permanent solution, still you can get rid off that irritating message count notification.

Regards,
    Adwait

Sent from my E7mini using XDA mobile app
    New custom ROM under testing!

Hello guys,
    A good news for gionee e7 mini community! I am working on a custom ROM, a miui port which is under testing. Once I find it working properly, I will upload it for all of you! Wish me a good luck!!
    Teaser!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha! Guys! Here is the 1st teaser!! ;)
    Lollipop rom for Gionee E7 mini

Have got working lollipop 5.1 rom for Gionee e7 mini and it has given me orgasam....

http
    ://
    needrom
    .com
    /download
    /elife-e7-mini-lollipop-rom/

trying my best to post the full link but still i am a new user. Please join and visit the page. Phone is working perfect since last two hours after flashing it.